Best Western Elm House Inn

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Elm House Inn

It's all true!

by TripAdvisor Member Sunee

It's all true! My husband & I celebrated his 50th birthday in March 2006. We chose the Best Western Elm House Inn in Napa based on reviews from Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed. It is not at all like a chain hotel. It is immaculate and charming. We stayed in a deluxe room with a king and an extra sink in the dressing area, which came in handy. There is a continental breakfast spread with a variety of choices, and there are fresh cookies in the afternoon. There is a computer in the lobby for guest use. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Great Stay at Elm House

by TripAdvisor Member indianchic

Stayed at Elm House over Thanksgiving. Service was great. Rooms were big and comfortable. We stayed in the house in back on the top floor and it was very quiet. Breakfast was wonderful as was the beautiful garden. The staff was very friendly and had tons of good advice. We will stay there again.

When in Napa - Stay here!

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. It was like staying at a quaint bed and breakfast....the Elm House was just so cozy and adorable. The staff were very kind and helpful....they went out of there way to make sure we were happy and completely taken care of. The breakfasts were just fantastic and they always had cider, cocoa and cookies out in the main lobby for you that you could nibble in front of their fireplace. I was very impressed and I would never stay anywhere else but the Elm House whenever I am fortunate enough to get back to Napa. Definitely stay here!

Excellent value!

by TripAdvisor Member NYMary

Stayed 2 nights at the BW Elm House in February 2006.

Pros:
*Immaculately clean rooms with very comfortable beds
*Absolutely fabulous staff who go out of their way to make sure you have all the information you need for an enjoyable stay in the area including maps, coupons for wineries, menus from area restaurants...all with a smile and sincerity I have not experienced from concierges at the finest hotels
*Quiet even though my room was near the front desk
*Conveniently located to the Napa Valley loop and other area attractions
*Complimentary breakfast including made-to-order Belgian waffles that are out of this world
*Very reasonably priced
*Clean, relaxing outdoor jacuzzi

Cons:
*Wish I had stayed longer

Great Place to Stay!

We stayed here two nights this past February. Easy access to the highway and downtown Napa. The room we had was very large and clean. The staff was helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. We will definitely stay here again! Tip: Request a room overlooking the garden in the white house on back of the property (seems a little more private).

Cute!

We stayed here for two nights in Feb. Our room was great: spacious with a fireplace and extremely comfy bed. The staff, as most everyone else has noted, was extremely friendly - and I liked the little touches (like complimentary cookies, hot cocoa and apple cider). The location was nice, too: it's literally minutes away from the outlets (which is great if you're a shopper like me) and the highway.

One note of caution (considering this is ranked #1 on TA): while nice and a great value, this hotel is not incredibly fancy. So if you go, expect cute - but not upscale.

Great Find in Napa

We recently took a quick trip to Napa and stayed at the Elm House Inn. Having stayed a various places in the Napa Valley we have finally found the place we will go back to. Our room was in the back of the property and very quiet. There is a nice court yard to sit in when weather permits. Room was super spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was standard american continental fare and the only draw back was they had to do all toasting and make waffles in a back room which took a pretty good amount of time.

Hiddem gem! I love this place.

I travel often, in fact my visit was sandwiched in between weeks of travel to California from the east coast. Napa is a great place to visit in the first place, but the Elm House wasw by far my new favorite. I have stayed in luxury resorts and small boutique hotels or Inns...the Elm House is unique to the genre.

The rooms are spacious, and the fireplace is very romantic. Why are you visiting Napa??? Business, vacation, wine tour...no matter the reason, I would stay here agin every chance I got. The staff was amazing, local knowledge and recommendations to the best destinations in Napa and Sonoma. They even made tour and spa arrangements for me before I arrived so I could suprise my wife...which is never a bad idea!

They were friendy, not like we are happy to see you and take your money friendly....no, friendly like "Hey Tim, how did it go out there today?" Waffles freshly made every morning, fresh fruits, juices, hot and cold breakfast cereals and pastries...and awesome coffee. Homemade cookies in the afternoon.

Great decor, art and sculptures around the property...convenient to the two main roads for wineries, and right next to historic Napa. The mood is sublime and relaxing and most of all, welcoming. The guests even get in the mood to be friendly...this place is wonderful.

You will be relaxed and energized after your visit....let's face it, Napa is supposed to be journey, an experience....not just another routine hotel visit...The Elm House Inn made me forget about the things I really dislike in travel. Thanks Rocky!

Adorable Inn with a lot to offer

DH and I stayed here for 3 nights as a last-minute substitution for our previously-reserved B&B and were pleasantly surprised. The staff tries very hard to make you happy (evidence: settling into 3 different rooms that first night because - a) the first room had two spiders in it and I'm a bit phobic, and b) the second room's a/c wasn't working properly), and the Inn makes outstanding use of every inch of space. The place doesn't look like we expected a Best Western to look -- it's very bed & breakfast-y with almost a New England inn feel to it. The rooms (we started in #305, then 302, and landed for good in 303) are very well appointed, some with well-placed gas fireplaces in the corner. The queen-sized beds are very comfortable with plush spreads, and everything was clean and very well-kept.

Downstairs (either by elevator or stairways), there's a large, stone-surrounded gas fireplace that I still swear looks like a real wood-burning fireplace, with comfy chairs and a sofa around it, and tables with lots of magazines and books about the surrounding Napa Valley. Nearby, there's a charming dining area for your (included) enhanced continental breakfast which includes cold & hot cereals, lots of fruit & fruit salads, yogurt, bagels & toast & English muffins & muffins, hard-boiled eggs, several cold fresh juices, coffee & a variety of teas, and the best part: made-to-order Belgian waffles. The rest of the day, lemonade and I think coffee area available as well as big, decadent freshly-homebaked cookies.

The only thing we weren't thrilled with was the Inn's location, in what we thought was a seedier area of the City of Napa (we actually ran for the front door one night when my husband thought that someone loitering nearby had rightly pegged us for tourists and started following us). The good news here is that if you're touring the Napa wine country, you'll probably only be in your room to sleep. FYI - the real heart of the winery region begins about 5 or 6 miles up Route 29 from the Inn, definitely close enough to comfortably explore and get around.

If you're looking to save some money over the pricey wine region's accommodations by staying in the City of Napa, we highly recommend this Inn.

1st class facility

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Elm House in May, while on a mini vacation. We felt totally at home and completely safe with an above average security system. The entire facility was very clean and well kept. The food was excellent and the staff (specifically Pam) very pleasant and helpful. We truly felt comfortable. The location was well suited for travel throughout the valley. The room rate was certainly in line compared to other similar bed and breakfasts in the area . We are looking forward to returning next year.

Comments