Inn on Randolph Napa

411 Randolph St., Napa, California, 94559, United States
Official Site

More about Napa

This way to start tourThis way to start tour

Bodega (Hitchcock's "The Birds")Bodega (Hitchcock's "The Birds")

IPGs, Ro, me and MelIPGs, Ro, me and Mel

FIRE TRUCKS FROM NAPA ON THE SCENEFIRE TRUCKS FROM NAPA ON THE SCENE

One more question regarding lodging

by Spunke

We are still on the fence regarding a bed and breakfast or Hotel. I am considering the "Dry Creek Inn" or a local B&B?? Any suggestions? We like to be comforatable and were concerned about being at a B&B and having it be a bit less privet.

Any suggestions

by GracesTrips

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Napa and that was nice. I stayed at the Hampton Inn - that was terrible! Both cost about the same. I have lots of tips on Napa on my Napa page if you care to look!

by travelgourmet

Napa Valley has many nice and cozy B&B's. the cost factor is high for a comfortable, semi-private one. One that comes to mind, plus they have other properties under the Four Sisters Inns. The one I find appealing is the Maison Fluerie in Yountville, right in the center of the valley, with shopping and restaurants. They have an included (B&B) gourmet breakfast. In the afternoon, wine and hors d'oeuvres are served. The rooms with a sitting area and private bath are the ones to book. See website: www.maisonfleurienapa.com

by MsLinzLou2

I am from Napa (born and raised there) and used to work in a tourism office in Yountville(though living in Spain, at the moment). I would suggest staying in Yountville. I think it is the best location for all tourists. There are MANY great places to eat--Hurley's, Bistro Jeanty (get the tomato soup!) and Pacific Blues (for breakfast or a nice salad). Wineries are very close--Domain Chandon is in town, Mondavi is 5 minutes up the road. Stay in a charming hotel with a TON of personality called, The Napa Valley Railway Inn.

by Spunke

Thank you for the advice, I will check it out. Do you think that Healdsburg is too far to locate one self for a three day tour of the area??

by travelgourmet

Over an hours drive in the wine country. Might as well stay in San Francisco, or why not Fairfield, if price is of concern. Healdsburg, in my opinion, is not local to Napa Valley.

by MsLinzLou2

Don't stay in Healdsburg. I have never been there...probably for a good reason...If there was something I was missing, I'm sure I would've heard about it! You will want a hotel in the area of Napa if Napa is where you've decided to go. From my experiences wine tasting, I usually like to go home to relax for a bit--maybe take a nap--before heading off to a nice dinner.

by travelgourmet

There is a lot to do in Healdsburg and there are many fine wineries in this Sonoma county town. I know of at least 40-50 wineries that are in Healdsburg. If you are looking to Napa Valley, then Healdsburg is too far, but there is a lot to do in Healdsburg and the surrounding areas like Geyserville to the north and Santa Rosa to the south. See their website: www.healdsburg.com

by Spunke

Thank you all again.. but I think we have found the problem here! We are not sure where to stay! We have read that we need t stay way form Napa because of the number of tourest and that Sonoma is a better bet??? That is why we where thinking about Healdsburg?? If Sonoma itself would be better to base ourselves then we can change. To me the most important point is that we find a place to relax and have some nice meals at at night??

by travelgourmet

Choose wisely. Choose Yountville.

Travel Tips for Napa

Sideways - a wine road movie...

by Tripack

An entertaining movie write by Alexander Payne about the Napa Valley.
A must to see before or after your wine tasting.

A wine tasting road trip to salute Jack's (Thomas Haden Church) final days as a bachelor careens woefully sideways as he and Miles (Paul Giamatti) hit the gas en route to mid-life crises. The comically mismatched pair, who share little more than their history and a heady blend of failed potential and fading youth, soon find themselves drowning in wine and women - Stephanie (Sandra Oh) and Maya (Virginia Madsen). Emerging from a haze of pinot noir, wistful yearnings and trepidation about the future, the two inevitably collide with reality.

Sideways

Best place to start or end your trip - Sterling Wi

by Shaft28

I love Sterling Winery, from the gondala to the service. Every time I have been there I have bought more wine than everywhere els eand have also gotten surprisingly drunk.
The service here costs a min. fee for sampling and the semi-drunk help comes around and offers you a taste. Being tipsy ourselves I think we had the merlot 6 times and a pinot 8 times along with others.
Happy crowd there and not shy with the samples, the best in Napa. Snacking on cheese and drinking a merlot in Sterling with 6 close friends.

City of Saint Helena

by Ken_Weaver

Saint Helena is a small town located in the Napa Valley of California. Most of the activity around the area is the wine industry.

Population as of Jan, 2002 is 6019.

The town covers 4 square miles and located 65 miles north of San Francisco.

City offices located at 1480 Main.
Email : admin@ci.st.helena.ca.us
Tele: 707.967.2792

Souvenir T-Shirts

by machomikemd

again a souvenir at $ 10.99 a piece

each winery in Napa sells it's own kind of T-Shirts with a variety of Designs and fabrics so you should have many choices, again prices vary but it can be as cheap as $ 10.99 up to $ 24.99 so take your pick.

Bring a cooler or ice chest!

by GracesTrips

This is in case you would like to bring home some of the wonderful cheese you can find up in the region. I brought home some Point Reyes Bleu Cheese which is marvelous with red wine. The creaminess of the cheese will make the wine almost taste like ice cream!

Comments