Marriott Napa Valley Hotel And Spa

Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Booking.com Expedia.com Marriott.com

Costs 121% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Need to sleep after your wine tasting...

Marriott is always a reputated address to sleep.

The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa with its 267 rooms and 5 suites combines modern convenience with standards of excellence to ensure a comfortable stay.

Recently a $20 million renovation has transformed this Napa Valley hotel into a healthy paradise. A good place to relax after your exhausted wine tasting tour ;-)

More about Marriott Napa Valley Hotel And Spa

Very Comfortable and Friendly Napa Valley Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hankmancini

March 17, 2005. I was not impressed when I drove up to the Napa Valley Marriott. The two story hotel did not look very impressive and the location seemed odd for a Marriott. However, as soon as I entered the lobby, I knew that this was a place that I was going to enjoy.

Check in took about 90 seconds and the associate who checked me in was very friendly. The lobby area is very inviting with a fire in the fireplace, dark wood paneling, soft lighting and lots of comfortable chairs.

My king non-smoking room was number 2150, a 2nd floor inside room overlooking a courtyard. It was a very quite room which I appreciated because I had work to do. When I first entered the room I noticed an odd odor. I called the hot line and was immediately offered a different room. I opted for air freshener which arrived in about two minutes and solved the problem.

I keep thinking I need to get a Marriott bed for home. The bed in my room was just super comfortable. I like the five down pillows and the down comforter too. Next to the bed was a pretty comfortable arm chair with an ottoman and a table next to it. In the armoire was the TV, a safe, and a mini refrigerator. My room appeared to have been redecorated within the last year or so and everything was in excellent condition. The work desk was large and had the usual STSN high-speed internet access.

One nice benefit of staying at this hotel is that they offered a good quality complimentary red and white wine in both the lobby and concierge lounge. The atmosphere of guests enjoying a glass of wine or two and chatting was very friendly and comfortable. The concierge lounge had a nice cheese and cracker selection as well as a hot appetizer.

I opted for a room service dinner because I was working on a project. My dinner arrived about 20 minutes after ordering it. My burger and fries arrived hot and were prepared as I had requested. The server was friendly, greeted me by name, and seemed genuine when he asked me to call if there was anything else that I needed.

There is a spa at the hotel, but it was not of interest to me. I looked at the list of services and it looked pretty extensive. The hotel has a nice outdoor pool and whirlpool spa area. If there is an exercise room, I did not see it, but I did not look for it either.

All and all, I really liked the Napa Valley Marriott. It is a very comfortable, well maintained, and “friendly” property. I hope and expect to stay here again.

Regular Marriott but exceptional location

by TripAdvisor Member azavca

We drove to Napa for my boyfriends birthday, his first time, my second. But even though I was going back I had no idea where to go or stay. We got this hotel for a great price on priceline so we weren't sure what to expect. I had planned a tour that drives you to some of the more famous wineries but when I looked up the location of the hotel in comparison to these wineries I cancelled the tour. The hotel is in the BEST PLACE YOU WOULD WANT TO BE IF VISITING NAPA for WINETASTING. I mean it doesn't get better. The Marriott itself was nothing to brag about, good service, good clean rooms, enough parking. But nothing in particular. The location is what did it for us. We were within less than a mile from all the wineries. The hotel also does a wine tasting daily from 4-6 if I remember the times correctly. We didn't make it to that after a full day of wine tasting.

It was a wonderful memorable experience and a big part of that was not having to look around for anything and being in a centralized location hotel in Napa. We plan to go to Napa yearly and will more than likely stay here every year.

WOW!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member HuskerK

I was SO impressed with this hotel. Just stayed there last weekend (jan. 6 and 7, 2005). Check-in staff was nice, got GREAT room overlooking the pool and hot tub. (Although it was too cold to use the pool). Parking was free and perfectly fine. The room was wonderful -- i think this hotel is pretty new. The beds were exceptionally comfy (as comfy as the dream beds at westin), the room was extremely clean, and bathroom nicely decorated, with granite countertops. Room was incredibly quiet. Our package (booked through travelzoo) was just $99 a night including breakfast for 2. The breakfast was fantastic -- a huge buffet, with really fresh fruit. And the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

We stayed in the palace hotel in san fran for the other two nights of our stay, and this hotel was FAR better, by leaps and bounds. Close to all the wineries and helpful staff.

The most comfortable beds ever!

A group of us just returned from a fabulous get away to Napa to celebrate a few of us turning the big 40. The rooms were very clean and the beds are the most comfortable that I have ever slept on in any hotel. You feel as if the mattress wraps around you and the big down comforter keeps things very cozy. We almost passed up a day of wine tasting so we could stay in that cozy bed a bit longer. We frequented the bar/lounge a few times and received prompt service. Additionally, we ordered breakfast from room service twice and it was also very prompt and the food was good.

We had dinner one night at Bistro Don Giovanni and the food and drinks were great but the restaurant that everyone should go to is called Zinsvalley. It is about a mile and a half from the hotel on Browns Valley Road (which is off the beaten path). The atmosphere, food and service are always awesome. The prices are very reasonable and they are one of the only restaurants in Napa that does NOT charge any corkage fees if you bring your own wine. There are two fireplaces in the dining room and they have a beautiful patio for outdoor dining during the summer months. We held our 40th birthday party in their semi-private dining room (with another fireplace) and everything was fabulous right down to the decadent chocolate/raspberry birthday cake the chef made just for us. Try this restaurant, you will not be dissappointed.

Good location, poor food.......

by TripAdvisor Member Horsenhounds

Stayed here one weekend in February on the executive floor. Rooms are quite large with above average amenities. No complaints with the room.
It lost points on the complimentary breakfast and food in the restaurant.
Breakfast had replenishment problems each morning with popular items not being restocked fast enough to satisfy guests. Scrambled eggs were cold (ugh) - I got the impression that the staff were not too bothered!
Complimentary wine tasting in the lobby was fine, very pleasant staff.
However in the restaurant we discovered that the chefs idea of BBQ sauce on the rack of ribs was not the same as joe publics (ie you and me) and despite a request for regular BBQ sauce were told by an embarassed waitress that this is all they have. Believe me it was not BBQ sauce.
Oh and the Clam Chowder? It was so heavy I am convinced it is still lurking in my stomach.
take a tip and eat elsewhere!

Location, Location, Location

by TripAdvisor Member edknees

My first trip to Napa and I found it ain't cheap. Compared to other hotels and B&Bs I thought the Marriott gave me a pretty good rate of $154 pre-tax for a last minute booking on a three day weekend. I was disappointed with the room because once you walked in you feel that this could be any old Marriott room in any part of the country. No sensation of being in a special place. In fact, the view from my first floor window was of two SUVs parked in the lot. The night before the morning I was to fly out from Sacremento I stayed in a Marriott in Rancho Cordova where the room had twice the space and was twice as nice as the Napa Marriott but was only $79. So you pay a premium to be located in Wine Country and if I had to do it again, I would pay more money for a place with more Napa Valley atmosphere.

A delightful surprise

by TripAdvisor Member Barbthor

Upon arrival I was a little concerned as the hotel exterior was rather dated and not in the best Napa neighborhood. But at check-in, everything changed! Excellent service, comfortable room, a fun lounge and a spa that can't be beat. I highly recommend this hotel for women business travelers.

A little gem in Napa

by TripAdvisor Member lisakelley

When we pulled up, we didn't quite know what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised by the interior. We were surprised by an upgrade to the Concierge wing which was nicely decorated and our room had a HUGE modern bathroom. We had a great time at the Napa Valley Marriot despite a couple of flubs by the staff. We booked through a TravelZoo deal at $99 a night for a Fri and Sat stay. Instead of charging the one night deposit, they charged my card for both nights, but at check-in, they informed me that they would send a "special" bottle of wine to the room to make up for it. We had to call the next night to actually get the promised bottle, but the bottle was brought uimmediately thereafter. The location is fantastic; right off the highway and a short jaunt to the wineries up-Valley. I would most definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends.

The buffet brunch that was included with our rate was pretty good although on Sat morning we were there early (7 am) and the omlette station chef was in hiding (even after they asked us if we wanted omlettes and we said yes). We settled for scrambled and went on our way. Not to be nitpicky, but I thought it was lame that they charged us the sales tax on our "included" brunch.

Good Value for Napa

by TripAdvisor Member Shir Hayam

My husband and I stayed here March 16-18 and found it to be a very comfortable, if not charming, accomodation. We booked it through Travelzoo for $99/night including breakfast. So it was an excellent value for the area. The room was spacious and the bed very comfy. At breakfast, we had to ask for someone to come out and make omelettes. But a cook quickly appeared and made delicious Egg Beater omelettes to order. My only complaint was that our second floor king size room faced the parking area and highway. If you have an option, request a room facing the courtyard/pool area.

Comments