Silverado Resort

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• lionmouth77's Profile Photo

Good rooms

the rooms have real wood burning fire places. the give you free fire wood every morning . We had a 2 bedroom suites but all the rooms are nice.

Unique Quality: Silverado has ten swimming pools located throughout the resort. A few are even heated for night time swimming

More about Silverado Resort

Three mediocre stars

by TripAdvisor Member BeachBum76

My husband and I stayed at the Silverado Resort on Sat., Feb. 12th. We had found a deal through Travelzoo - $119 included breakfast for 2 at the on-site restaurant. For the price that we paid, the rooms were decent. We had a standard size room, which was quite small, but it had a nice size patio. It looked like our room had been updated some. I had hoped that our room would have had a view of the beautiful golf course, but as the rooms look like they were converted from small apartments, it didn't look like anyone had nice views. We took a nice walk from our room to the resort restaurant in the morning and the grounds were gorgeous. Overall, the resort is pretty, but I do not feel that the rooms warrant a "resort-quality" rating.

Nice golf resort

by TripAdvisor Member CasseyLA

My boyfriend and I are golfers and took advantage of an unlimited golf package after Xmas 03. The two courses are lovely, one more rustic with lots of oak and even deer about, and even though it rained heavily one day, their course drainage was excellent and we were able to play the complete course the following am. With our package we received a junior one- bedroom suite overlooking the golf range, and it was a very lovely, clean tasteful room with full kitchen, totally spotless with nice decor. Breakfast at their grill was excellent, especially the Belgian Waffles. Their spa across the road looked beautiful, but without the sun out for using the pool, , I didn't see paying a small fee (15$) for acess. I would definitely return, especially on this off-season package.

Go for the spa, but stay someplace else

by TripAdvisor Member roeslers

I agree with the person who said the spa was great (REALLY great) but the room was not. It was comfortable and clean enough, but just a very average room with a parking lot view----not at all the resort we'd been led to expect, and nothing at all elegant about it. The restaurant also was very average. There are so many great places to stay in Napa and Sonoma; this one was just a mediocre disappointment. It compares to the average Holiday Inn (not the Crowne Plaza line of Holiday Inn, either).

Will Never go back!

by TripAdvisor Member Hani's Oldest

Let me first say that we couldn't wait to leave. The rooms are in terrible shape. We booked for 5 nights @ $170.00 per night. When we drove in from SFO we thought that the grounds were beautiful. However, when we got to our room it was as if we were in a "Motel 6". I am not knocking "Motel 6" but, we were paying $170.00 per night! We complained, and the manager upgraded us to a bigger room, a litte better but, the room was totally run down. Also, there were spiders in the room. The next morning we left the Silverado for the Carneros Inn. What a difference! The Carneros is a totally different experience. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Great stay at Silverado, Get the Suite!!!

Had a great weekend at Silverado. Read the reviews and got the Suite vs. the smaller less expensive room. Worth the extra $$$. Room was great nice kitchen and living room with a fireplace. Played both golf courses great layouts. Wife went to the spa and raved about it. The people who complained about the rooms should have paid a little more money it was worth it. I will go back for the holidays they have some great deals. They took great care of us...

Great Stay over the Holidays

Stayed at Silverado over the Holidays and had a fantastic time. We were with another couple and rented one of the two bedroom suites. We each had our own bedroom and bathroom and shared a living room and kitchen with the other couple. Had a great fireplace and patio and deck area. Worked out really well. Didn't really cook any meals but the kitchen worked terrific for the refreshements. We did the spa each day and that was wonderful and the guys played golf and really enjoyed it. Great location right off of Silverado Trail. Close to a lot of wineries. Read some of the other reviews about the rooms. They must not of reserved the suites, ours was great , furnished very well and had all that we wanted. We are thinking of going back in February for a long weekend., Anyone planning on going rent the suite its well worth it!

Resort, not quite

I got a deal off of Travelzoo - $127 for a standard room with a free lunch and wine tasting at 4 local wineries. Overall a great deal, but the rooms aren't anything to write home about. Like previous writers mention: small, old, outdated... Upgrading to a suite still wouldn't have been worth it because the grounds were nothing spectacular. The pictures on the website are highly exaggerated. Unless you golf or get a deal like I did, this place isn't worth your money. Bluntly, a Motel 6 incognito.

Thought it was nice

Like a previous user we got the $127 deal for a standard room off Travelzoo with lunch and 4 wineries. We were a little nervous after reading the reviews of the standard rooms. We considered upgrading once we got there for just a little more, but decided to take our chances. We were pleasantly suprised. Our room was at the back of the property, and didn't have a view of the golf course, but we didn't care. Our room had new furnishings and was actually quite nice. Yes, it was a little small, but from reading a little notice on the back of the door, the property explains that our room was actually the second bedroom to a two bedroom suite next door. The room provided nice shower amenities, nicely stocked mini-bar and there was a nice romantic instrumental C-D that is placed in all the rooms to listen to while you are there. Not to mention, we had our own carport. The location of the Silverado is a little way from downtown Napa, but downtown is not that happening anyway, except for dinner, so we didn't mind. One goes to Napa for wine tasting. Yes, the Silverado is not quite as elegant as they make it to be on the web, but it's still a nice place. There is a jazz band that plays on the weekend late at night after everything else downtown closes. We thought the staff was very friendly and they were very helpful with dinner reservations. We felt like for the price we paid we got a good deal. However, I don't think I would have been as pleased if we had paid the normal rate of $170 just for a standard room.

Extremely Unprofessional Service

A group of girlfriends and I made reservations months ahead to ensure availability of the rooms and spa treatments. We arrived a few hours early and called to confirm our check-in time and spa treatments and they still managed to message up our spa treatment appointments. Instead of receiving our full 50 minute treatment, we received only 30 minutes. Silverado did not apologize, nor did they try to accomodate our group of 8., even though the mistake was made on their behalf. It turns out, they not only messed up on our appointments but also another lady whom we had met during our stay. I have written and called to the director of the spa at Silverado, however, I have not heard back from anyone and it has been almost two weeks. My friends and I have no intentions of returning. It is obvious that they do not value their customers!

Comments