1938 1st Street, Napa, California, 94559, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about The Inn On First

A 5-star Napa joy!

by TripAdvisor Member AdeleLosAngeles

We went to the Daughters Inn (soon to have its new name, The Inn on First) to enjoy a special birthday celebration with friends, and an amazing celebration it was, due in large part to the hospitality, ambience, beauty, warmth, suggestions, friendliness, and overall efforts of innkeepers Jim and Jamie. Our rooms (our group had three) were each gorgeous, spacious, unique, and absolutely spotless, and the grounds and gardens were a peaceful and beautiful place to relax, read, or enjoy conversation. The double spa tubs in each room are a delightful bonus at the end of a long day of playing!

The breakfasts, prepared by Jim, A CCA educated chef, were wonderful with a cold buffet consisting of fresh organic mixed fruits, yogurt, homemade granola, and fresh, homemade muffins or scones every morning, followed by a specialty hot entree that was absolutely superb. We're waiting for the cookbook to appear, Jim! In addition, a specialty bar or cookie, prepared fresh each day, is continuously available along with beverages stocked in a special refrigerator in the large, beautifully furnished front room.

Jim and Jamie could not have been more hospitable - we truly knew we were special guests in their home, and we continually had the experience of knowing they truly cared about each and every guest. They were there, going the extra mile to accomodate every request, yet in a way that was absolutely nonintrusive. Their recommendations and suggestions of wineries, restaurants, balloon rides, and other activities were superb; they made all the reservations, many of them before we ever arrived.

We can't recommend this 5-star experience enough! Jim Gunther and Jamie Cherry are a B&B dream team who are attentive to every detail. We will absolutely return, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Daughter's Inn in Napa--A Great Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member SushiGirlSoCal

We had a magical and amazing weekend at Daughter's Inn. This is a really lovely bed and breakfast. Innkeepers Jim and Jamie ROCK! Our gracious hosts welcomed us into their beautiful home with every perfect detail executed with care and pride. Our comfortable room was charmingly furnished and meticulously maintained. We enjoyed using organic soaps and lotions, and a complimentary bag of snacks awaited us. Breakfasts were delicious with homemade granola, fresh fruit, scones or chocolate bread, fabulous coffee, and a different hot entree, each enjoyed in the garden among the flowers and fountain every morning. There were always fresh home-baked goodies in the living room with sodas in the refrigerator nearby. Jim and Jamie have thought of everything. They know the area's restaurants and wineries very well and can help you with reservations and directions. I've stayed at other B&Bs, and Daughter's Inn gets an A++ in my book! When checking out, we booked our next visit to Daughter's Inn for December.

Amazing Suite

by TripAdvisor Member alexisag1

This B&B is amazing!! The innkeepers Jim and Jaime are great. They are so helpful and really know their stuff!! The food is to die for. Our room was emaculatly clean. We stayed in the Lords and Ladies Suite for our anniversary and it was a perfect choice. We will definetly go back.

Celebrating 25th wedding anniversary

by TripAdvisor Member memeFlorida

My husband surprised me with a trip to San Francisco and we spent four days in Napa Valley. I knew what I wanted to help us celebrate and we got it plus a whole lot more at The Inn on First. The owners were a delight and made our stay very memorable. The room was luscious and very peaceful. The food was fantastic and I would recommend anyone to visit. The gardens were just simply beautiful and if your looking for some peace and quite, this is where you want to be! I can't wait to come back. This by far is a time I/we will never forget!

The stay exceeded our expectations.

by TripAdvisor Member HeatherPeachtreeCity

The Inn is beyond wonderful, the rooms are charming and romantic. The amenities are top notch and the hosts, Jim and Jamie welcome you with a feeling that you are family.
The gardens are absolutly beautiful to sit in and have a gourmet breakfast served to you, or just to sit and visit.

We look forward to a return visit in the future, and highly recomend anyone visiting Napa to treat yourself and stay at the Inn.

Larry & Heather Dalton

Loved it and will be back!

by TripAdvisor Member Napa_Valley_Lover

My husband and I go to Napa every year and have stayed in many B&Bs, most of them very, very nice. We have never submitted a review but feel that Jim and Jamie deserve major kudos! The Inn on First is FABULOUS! The property is meticulously maintained and the innkeepers could not be more friendly and helpful. Our room was cozy and comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious! One of our favorite features of this inn was the (heated) patio area where we ate breakfast every morning. It is private and surrounded in gorgeous bushes, trees and flowers. At night, it is beautifully lit (a new addition, I believe) and every table has a candle. So romantic!! One of the evenings of our stay, we canceled dinner plans to sit outside on the patio with a bottle of wine with cheese and crackers. It was wonderful! If you are impressed by close attention to detail, warm and friendly service, delicious food and beautiful surroundings, you must stay at The Inn on First!

The Inn on First is First Rate!

by TripAdvisor Member Mrs_Hadley

Like others who have written, my husband and I have only great things to say about the "Inn on First" formerly the "Daughter's Inn." To start, the owners are amazing people. Jim and Jamie both genuinely care that their guests enjoy their stay. They make recommendations and express interest in your plans, without being overbearing. They will make any and all reservations for you at area wineries, restaurants and for tours.

The breakfasts, prepared by Jim and served by Jamie, are superb. The best breakfasts we have had, bar none. We anxiously await the cook book!

We stayed in the Heritage Estate suite in the back house. What a relaxing and romantic room! The bed was comfy, the room spacious, and the tub adorable-- if not a bit cheezy- it's heart shaped.

All in all a perfect end to our honeymoon. We love this place and recommend it highly!

Excellent, what more can we say?

by TripAdvisor Member DeuceCheshire

By far and away the highlight of our trip. If you want corporate, sanitised accomodation stick to Best Western, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn etc, etc.

The Inn on First (formerly The Daughters Inn) is immaculate and attention to detail is first class. This is due to the genuine care the owners Jim and Jamie put into their business and the fact that you are a guest in their home. They were so welcoming without being over powering and extremely helpful in making restaurant reservations, excursion bookings and recommending a number of vineyards in the valley focussing on the less commercialised but the more individual such as Arger-Martucci.

Our room, Sweet Essence was so comfortable and the lack of a TV was actually quite welcome.

Breakfast was taken in the charming courtyard/patio area and the pancakes are to die for. The quality of the food is again first class with attention paid to detail, freshness and support for the local independent economy.

You just cannot find fault with The Inn on First and can say no more than that if you are visiting the Napa Valley stay there.

Loved The Inn On First

by TripAdvisor Member Queenish

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in SanFrancisco and Napa. Throughout our planning process, I contacted several BnB's with general questions on rates for our upcoming visit. On one of the many calls, I ended up speaking to Jamie, the owner of The Inn On First, whom at the time did not mention that he was the owner. I really appreciated the fact that he was the friendliest person I had spoken to that day. He even went as far as giving me advice on where to dine in SanFrancisco and what to see while I would be there. His friendliness and professionalism is what made me choose The Inn On First. It however did not end there. Once we reached Napa, we had many questions on the nearby wineries. Jamie, the other owner, mapped out our entire day, by suggesting some amazing wineries to visit. We really enjoyed the fact that we felt at home, even though we were thousands of miles away from home. Jim and Jamie were amazing hosts. Even with their busy schedule and a full house, both Jim and Jamie spent time getting to know my husband and I. On our last day they even made reservations for us at an amazing restaurant. My husband and I have already decided that we will definately be going back to Napa and staying at The Inn On First because of our truly enjoyable stay. Even on a budget we found it very affordable and worth every penny.

Charmed by The Inn On First

by TripAdvisor Member Ava4

All the glowing reviews are well deserved! We stayed here for a girlfriends' weekend in Napa. Our charming rooms were impeccably clean, and the jacuzzis were fabulous. After sampling the wonderfully fragrant Napa Valley Soap Co. soap provided, my friend placed an order when she got home. The owners Jim and Jamie are very welcoming and extremely helpful. Our breakfast was divine and the chef even shared cooking and ingredient tips with us. Definitely dine outside in the beautiful garden!

Wine and views on the Napa wine train.Wine and views on the Napa wine train.

St. Helena in Napa ValleySt. Helena in Napa Valley

DISPLAY TABLE IS A TABLEDISPLAY TABLE IS A TABLE

SO MUCH WINE, SO LITTLE TIMESO MUCH WINE, SO LITTLE TIME

What if you don't care about wine, but love a good hamburger?

by tinkll1

Where do you find a great hamburger, or, to get fancy, French bakery type sandwiches, or Thai food, or, gado gado?

RE: RE: What if you don't care about wine, but love a good hamburger?

by Rixie

Big D Burgers on Silverado Trail in Napa makes killer hamburgers.

RE: What if you don't care about wine, but love a good hamburger?

by travelgourmet

The town of Napa has Napa General Store at 540 Main St, with a view of the river, that has a great hamburger that you can add items to it. Further north in the Valley is Calistoga with the Flat Iron Grill on Lincoln St. with many hamburgers to choose from and a sister restaurant in Calistoga, Brannan's Grill with a great blue cheese-mushroom burger. French bakery type sandwiches are great at Bouchon's Bakery in Yountville, across the street from Vintage 1870 shopping mall. Thai Kitchen on Trancas in Napa has excellent thai dishes. Sorry, but I don't know of an Indonesian restaurant in Napa Valley or where to get the gado gado salad in the area. If you go to San Francisco, Jakarta Indonesian Restaurant at Balboa & 7th in the Richmond District by Golden Gate Park has great gado gado.

Comments