National City Hotels

Our Members Say

• lmkluque profile photo lmkluque
  • Reviews: 1637

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quality Inn Motel: Actually in San Diego City

The Quality Inn is actually in the City of San Diego at it’s southern border with National City so, I’ll add it here.

It is a bit isolated on it’s own little street. It is fenced in and surrounded on all four sides by the Interstate 5 freeway. It’s exit/enterance and main thoroughfares going to and from the Naval Base which is west across the freeway make this a good place for those getting around by car.

There is a Shell gas station just in front which offers, besides gas for the car, a few convenience items one might want to purchase, such as snacks, drinks or some toiletries. This is also just a few blocks from the others mentioned here on Roosevelt Avenue.

The price of a room, summer 2010, was $69.79 plus tax. The only thing that recommends this in my mind is the fact that it is isolated and not convenient for "strangers" to wander into.

Of course, if the rooms are not sound proof, the traffic noise might be an annoyance.

Unfortunately this was the first of the motels I checked out in the area and didn’t ask about the amenities, for me to tell you, because I thought the brochure would include them. It didn’t mention a thing.

However, I did notice that they had a pool, a breakfast room and also, I saw a laundry room but can’t be positive that it was for the use of guests or employees. I asked if there was a bus stop near, they said, "Just down the street." However, though I did not look thoroughly at the time, I did not see one nearer than four blocks away.

• Opinion of Price: about average