Days Inn Needles

1215 Hospitality Ln, Needles, CA 92363

Good For No Data
  • atufft's Profile Photo

Located near the hospital (not noisy)

On the last night of the trip from Louisiana to Stockton, CA, we stayed at the Needles Day's Inn. Located just off the highway, the freeway sounds don't really enter the room. Unfortunately, on this night a nagging pain from an abcess in a molar became cause to pay a visit to the local hospital emergency room. Our Kaiser Plan coverage eliminated any concern about worriesome paperwork or money matters. The nurses and physicians were professional and quick enough to provide a shot of morphine in my left buttock, and so I was able to get adequate rest in the motel room.

Unique Quality: The Needles Day's Inn is well situationed off the freeway. A 20% discount coupon is given for eating at the Denny's across the street. Rather close proximity to the hospital proved to be an exceptional quality for this motel. But, the motel isn't bothered by ambulance or police sirens, particulary because the hospital is small and quiet at night. If it weren't for the agony of molar abcess, I'd rank this stay as a great experience for a roadside stopover. All rooms have WiFi access, although the signal was a little weak in our corner room. I was able to get caught up on my e-mail using my laptop.

Directions: Take the J street exit and go uphill and away from the main part of town.

Comments