The Emma Nevada House

528 E Broad St, Nevada City, CA 95959

More about The Emma Nevada House

Beautiful Honeymoon Suite

What an amazing place to stay for our wedding night in Nevada City! The room was cozy and absolutely stunning. We unfortunately were unable to stay for breakfast but will make sure we revisit the Emma Nevada House to get the full experience.

Perfect B&B in Nevada City

by TripAdvisor Member PankaCA

I spent two nights at Emma Nevada House in June, and my stay was exceptional. Owners, Susan and Andy were incredibly helpful and accommodating. Susan even had freshly baked chocolate chip cookies waiting when I arrived (a special request I had made). Emma House is lovely inside, and it is also centrally located, so shops and restaurants are all within walking distance of downtown Nevada City. On Susan's recommendation, I had dinner at a local Japanese restaurant, and the sushi was out of this world, easily rivaling my favorite sushi spots in San Francisco and New York. Breakfast at the Emma House was equally impressive. I can't wait to go back.

A Warm and Welcoming Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Lenora

Just returned from a lovely two days in Nevada City and a third visit to the charming Emma Nevada House. Each summer my girlfriend and I take time away from our homes and husbands to enjoy the splendors of the Sierra Foothills with its hiking trails, antique shops, restaurants and theatre. We have returned each year to stay in the charming Emma Nevada House in Nevada City as we love the ambience of the historic building, the fine decoration, the wonderful breakfasts and the warm and welcoming hosts, Susan and Andy.

Our room, Mignon's Boudoir is perfect for two gals as it is the only room in the house with two beds, two closets, a large bathroom and two mirrors! The weather was hot, but the air-conditioned house was always pleasantly cool. At bedtime we were able to open our windows for some lovely night air. Each day we were greeted by the aroma of freshly baked cookies and a tall pitcher of iced tea. Breakfasts were a gourmet treat, which we enjoyed on the outside porch in the back. Our hosts were very informative about the area and most helpful in booking dinner reservations, advising us on the newest sights, etc. I would highly recommend staying as long as you can at the Emma Nevada House. It's a winner!

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member dianaboston

Just got back from our Reno/California trip. We had a one-night stay at the Emma Nevada House.. Susan was wonderful. After she guided us (by cellphone) to her house from where we got lost on the highway, she warmly received us into her home. She gave us a tour of the house, pointing out all the history and showing us the grounds. Our rooms were charming, and the food was fantastic, and the "feeling" was warm and fuzzy. The town of Nevada City was wonderful -- we could have browsed and eaten for days there. Park your car at the B and B and walk into town. Everything you want is there. We would definitely recommend the Emma Nevada house and can't wait to make a return trip. Thanks Sue and Andy!

Great Inn & Location

by TripAdvisor Member jrlamesa

Excellent location for exploring Nevada City, which I consider the best town on Route 49. Innkeepers know what they are doing - every detail is taken care of. Breakfast was excellent, and Andy can recommend several good restaurants withn walking distance. He also recommended seeing the Empire Mine,which should not be missed. Free wireless internet available. If you are doing Gold Country, don't miss Nevada City and stay at the Emma Nevada House.

Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member LisaBurch

I just recently stayed at the Emma Nevada House with my mother and two sisters. We were all delighted with the accommodations, location and charm. The innkeepers, Susan and Andy are warm, welcoming and knowledgable hosts--and Susan's cooking is to die for! Andy shares a wealth of knowledge about Nevada City and the surrounding area and it is evident in their enthusiasm that both Andy and Susan love what they are doing. The rooms are spacious, inviting and well tended. The sitting rooms and dining areas provide ample space to share with other guests. The history of the Emma Nevada House is shared by Susan upon arrival and very interesting. After bustling around Nevada City and Grass Valley all day, returning to the Emma Nevada was like coming home to all the comforts of home--without all the obligations!! If you are staying in Nevada City, this is THE place to stay.

GREAT Gold Country Anniversary

by TripAdvisor Member TahoeCruise

Our stay in Nevada City, CA was enhanced by this charming historical B+B. We dig NV City already (have been more than a couple times), so the relaxing stay in an excellent room, on very nice grounds, with tasty meal (read: superb breakfast!) was a nice single night alternate take on one of our favorite small historical towns (normally we're only in town for the day). The B+B's location in town is suitable for seclusion, yet you are close enough for a short walk to Nevada City's central town district. Andrew and clan run a great operation with character and style. We felt welcome and we would recemmend a stay at the Emma Nevada House any day (or days).

Still the BEST!

by TripAdvisor Member ScubaDivingFamily

Our second trip to the Emma Nevada House was marvelous! Again the attention to detail in every way has been thought of. Every room was exceptionally clean and wonderfully comfortable. The food was a delicious as I had remembered before. Thanks for everything Andy & Susan...we shall return again!

warm and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Tenaya

The Emma Nevada was a welcoming home. We felt like part of the family as well as the other guests did as well, it was my first stay at a B & B, I made some new friends there and it was because of the atmosphere at the Emma Nevada.....They made it easy to be comfortable. Breakfast was fabulous!!!!

we're in love with the Emma Nevada House

by TripAdvisor Member jfrank

We just got back from a one night stay at the Emma Nevada House. We have stayed in B&B's all over California and Victoria, Canada and rate the Emma Nevada House as one of the very best!!!! Pros: wonderful Innkeepers, Susan and Andrew; so friendly "hands on" they both are wealths of information about the town and area. Always eager to answer questions and provide insights. Our room was extremely clean, bright, and inviting. Great bed and linens. Wonderful large stall shower. The common areas of the home are very inviting and comfortable. There are two large decks with comfy chairs . We drank some wine and looked at the beautiful trees from the second story deck. Our breakfast was delicious and Andrew REALLY spoke with us during the meal. He was so interesting!!! Two thumbs up for this lovely B&B!!!!!!!

Comments