105 Main Street, Newport Beach, California, 92661, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Newport Beach

Rick Braun & Richard ElliottRick Braun & Richard Elliott

A Bird of Another Feather-Yes, Dear, Be Home SoonA Bird of Another Feather-Yes, Dear, Be Home Soon

What Do You Mean... The Earth is Flat?What Do You Mean... The Earth is Flat?

Houses With a View!Houses With a View!

Where to go?

by koflynn

Im moving to OC next summer with a few friends. were all about 20 and are wondering where would be the best place to go. first and fore most we want fun but we'l need to find part time or full time jobs and of course an apartment or house. theres 5 of us going so far and some of which are girls who want the safest place possible. anywhere between long beach and laguna beach would be great.
anything helpful is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
kev

RE: Where to go?

by HarmoniousBotch

In the coastal areas from Newport Beach to Laguna Beach only your wallet will feel unsafe. Further north along the coast Huntington Beach costs less, but is still not cheap. Seal Beach I'm not sure about. Long Beach ( which, BTW, is LA, not OC ) has some bad areas near the harbor.

As a general rule, housing is cheaper as you go inland.

The one part of OC that I would definitely avoid is central Santa Ana.

RE: RE: Where to go?

by HarmoniousBotch

As a general rule, housing is cheaper as you go inland.

The one part of OC that I would definitely avoid is central Santa Ana.

Travel Tips for Newport Beach

Cruise around the harbor

by supune

My sister said that renting a yacht was cheaper than what it would cost to have the reception at a regular hotel. The party was on a yacht and it sailed around the harbor for 4 hours. Most people thought it was cool.

The company renting out the yachts is called Adventures at Sea.

Seek out Sherman Library and Gardens

by marinarena

Sherman Library and Gardens can be easily missed during a Newport Beach vacation. It covers a little block of the Corona del Mar area and is quite a walking distance away from the shore. Though small, Sherman is a breathtakingly beautiful institution dedicated to horticulture and Southwest history. It is worth a few dollars donation to come in, stroll and enjoy the exotic floral landscape with fountains and koi fish ponds.

Check out website for more info and pics.

Between Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach

by GracesTrips

"Newport Jazz Festival"

Each year, the Hyatt at Newport Beach has been hosting a 3 day Jazz Festival. Nothing but the big names in contemporary jazz usually perform.

This year, on May 14th, a single performance Friday evening. This is an intimate performance with assigned seating. You can buy tickets that include dinner at the Sol restaurant located at the Hyatt.

The Saturday, May 15th, line up is not posted yet but I will update as soon as I find out.

The Sunday, May 16th, line up is not posted yet but I will update as soon as I find out. The Saturday or Sunday show is $55 per person, per day. Well worth the cost for the literally ALL DAY event. You're allowed to bring blankets, low lawn chairs and water.

Most jazz aficionados will buy the 3-day pass and stay at the hotel. If you ever get the chance to go, it is well worth it!

Boney James amongst the fans in 2007!

Jesse Cook signing autographs in 2008.

Welcome to the OC

by Kbird009

"Out with Friends"

I live literally 20 minutes from Newport Beach. And while living at school, I am even closer. So one day, me and my friends got tired of studying and decided to head to the beach. This turned out to be a wild and crazy adventure that included 6 people, including 4 buff football player guys and 2 girls in a camry on the freeway. I love college.

The Right Side of the Tracks

by emilesc

"The OC"

Note: The following was written on Aug 22, 2003 during the first season of "The OC." I stopped watching the show midway through second season.

I am dedicating this page to my new love, a hit summer show on Fox called "The OC." I want to stress, however, that I love this show for all the wrong reasons. I love it because it's. So. Freaking. Bad. So bad it's good.

I'm going to update my tips with facts about the real Newport Beach, where the show is set. Bear in mind the humorous spirit in which it is intended. I can't take this show seriously.

Comments