Oakwood at Park Newport

Good For No Data

More about Newport Beach

Warren HillWarren Hill

SilhouettesSilhouettes

Making Use of a Sound Foundation...Making Use of a Sound Foundation...

A Window Into Your WorldA Window Into Your World

moving to orange county with my family

by papina

HI, me, my housband and my 18 months son are moving to orange county for one year. Where would you recomend me to live. We are looking for an apartment with pool and near a playground. We saw in the internet the ones of Irvine company. What do you think about them?
I will apreciate any advice in other topics about Newport beach and orange county

by Hopkid

Irvine is a great place to live especially with a family. It is one of the first planned communities in the U.S. and has many parks/playground areas. I used to own a home there before moving to Virginia so I can't actually comment on the apartments. I would say that it is one of the better places to live in Orange County.

by jab4travel

Dear Vero,

Your choice to locate in Irvine brings you to one of the safest cities in the U.S.A. There are several Apartment Complexes in Irvine and yes the Irvine Company controls/ownes most of them. For a 2 bedroom expect to pay around $1400/$1600.00/month plus utilities, ie; gas, water, electric, & phone. Rents are very high thru out So. Calif. If you can afford more, Newport Beach is only 10 minutes drive from Irvine, but not many apartment complexes, just single family homes. Very upscale city.

There are many cities in Orange County and not knowing your lifestyle/place of work (if you will be working here)/financial status/needing a furnished apartment, can be very hard on ones nerves trying to decide where to locate.

If you wish to send me an e-mail with further info about your needs, what you expect to pay per month, mailing address, I will mail you some books with info about apartment rentals. Send to tlf514@cs.com. Joe

by RovingWyvern

www.craigslist.org

by dznguy

Basically any apartment complex that's run by the Irvine Co. would probably be a good place to live in. Irvine is one of the safest communities, and it's not too far from a lot of the OC destinations. It's very family-oriented. If you haven't seen this link yet, try this.

Let me know how your moving plans are coming along and I'll try to see how I can help you guys out.

Travel Tips for Newport Beach

It's all good

by outofofficeautoreply

Wear some USC Trojan paraphernalia, walk up to almost anyone and say, “dude”. Lifelong friends, I swear.

Upon first arriving, I highly recommend getting a Mystic Tan. It will only cost you about $15 and will serve like camouflage among the locals. But better than that, you really can’t take yourself seriously once you have posed nude in a little booth to have your body spray-painted a tannish orange. And once that self-seriousness is snuffed, the OC will surely enchant.

Take a run on the Balboa peninsula. There is no comparable feeling to having a grown man on a beach cruiser chiming his little bell for you.

Avoid a leisurely afternoon kayaking. This is a general traveling tip. Just don’t do it unless you already hate your travel companion and don’t mind sunburns, oar burns, and resentment.

The highlights: Alta coffeehouse is cool. Habana is a bar/restaurant with the best sangria I’ve ever had. Gulfstream, Bandera, and the Cannery are great to witness the local mating habits—think older crowd in “resort wear casual”. If you have real bucks stay at the Montage in Laguna (it’s all very Robb Report).

Time for a Cool Change...

by NC_Ziggy

"Lavender Cruising"

"Honesty is the Best Policy." It's true, you know. Although it may sound contrite, it is both a profound yet simplified way of living.

And so it is that I present these "tips" which really aren't because I was here for such a short time. Perhaps a travelogue approach would have been more appropriate. However, as I've had this unrelenting urge to create tips because I haven't been able to go anywhere recently for a holiday(errrrrrgh), I put them here. And I'm not moving them!

With that, just breeze through the pictures, pausing to smile (or not) at the witty captions. Honestly, that's the best I can offer you on these pages but I hope you enjoy the look of the place. Maybe you'll check out other, more imformative pages and if so... "Is that such a baaaaad thing?" ;-)

"Interactive Ocean"

"I'm Searching... Searching Every-whi-i-i-cha-way"

Newport Beach - my Backyard

by jadam

"Newport"

This is perhaps one of my favorite places since I was a teenager, many years ago, the nice beach and pier allows you to spend the day for a small amount of change (for parking). I especially like the solitude of the winter time, when most of the tourist have gone, sometimes it is just the birds and I.

"How I feel sometimes"

Sea lions, Pelican and various birds are frequent visitors to Newport Beach. Here is one who seems to feel the same I do sometimes, fat and lazy.

Welcome to the Sunshine State

by TravelChick67

"The Famous Newport Beach Pier"

Greetings all!

We just had breakfast down at the beach and it was such a nice day!

Being that I'm a native to Southern California, and have been to Newport a million times, I always take it for granted and never think of taking pictures while down there.

But this morning, I put my tourist hat and took this shot of the Newport Beach Pier as we were going to breakfast. It was so nice today!

We had breakfast at our favorite breakfast place down there, Charlie's Chili. Check out my tips section for a review.

Newport Beach, My Home

by JonnyBoy760

Orange County is easily the most hush-mouthed paradise in the country -- and we like it that way. OC rests on a 42-mile stretch of gorgeous coastline, most of it ensconced by natural and manmade jetties, where gray whales and inquisitive dolphin pods are regular sights beyond the breakers. The consistently warm, dry weather of Southern California makes for one of the most pleasant climates on the continent. Her beach cities, such as Huntington Beach, the surfing mecca of the world, and Laguna Beach, famous for its mythical, craggy-cliffed beachfront, attract discerning, international travelers year-round, who seek respite among salacious sun-worshipers. Orange County's jumping waterfront nightclubs, posh restaurants, self-indulgent health spas and brouhaha of outdoor recreation are equally as seductive. The southernmost cities are overshadowed by the snowcapped Saddleback Mountain range, which peaks at 5,687 feet. Thus, between mountains and ocean lie limitless recreational frontiers that center on surfing, boogie-boarding, scuba diving, fishing, snowboarding, skiing, skateboarding and hiking. One can try surfing in the morning and then be on a ski lift atop Saddleback (provided the powder conditions allow) by late afternoon, since everything is within about an hour's drive.

Newport Beach -- started in 1889 by a group of fisherman -- made famous by John Wayne who lived for much of his life here. His former home and yacht are a major highlight of charter cruises through Newport Harbor. The boat capital of Orange County, Newport is the city where recreational boating,sportfishing and whale-watch cruises make it an incomparable hub for ocean adventure. Newport Harbor is also the setting for many films and television shows, e.g. The Wedge (a jetty that leads out of the harbor to the Pacific) is also known as "Gilligan's Point," since it marks the waterway where the S.S. Minnow is filmed as she leaves for a "three-hour tour" during the opening credits of Gilligan's Island.

Comments