1530 Hamner Avenue, Norco, California, 92860, United States
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Travel Tips for Norco

RV Trip From Lake City, FL. to Norco, CA

by rcrosby

"Getting there in 24 to 32 hours"

Me and my wife, Kim, are always in a hurry to see our two sons, and granddaughters. I know some of you are going to say this is crazy. However, we take the backroads once we get in Texas, and always go a different route. On the way out there we mark on a map the areas we would like to visit on the way back. With an RV it is easy to get there in this time frame without putting you or anyone else in danger. one drives while the other sleeps for a while, and we always have plenty of coffe, fruit, and home made beef jerky. you can see why we want to get there in the shortest time.

"The only two places we always stop at going to CA."

There are only two places we make sure we stop at going out to California. We get back on I-10 prior to El Paso, Texas. Our first stop is the very first rest area in New Mexico. If you have never been there it is worth the visit. After we both get some sleep, we get up to see the sunrise. It is the most beautiful sunrise we have ever seen. Sorry I do not have a picture right now, but wil post one later. Our next stop is just down I-10 at the town of Deming, New Mexico. there is a family owned mexican restuerant there. The food there is excelent. I aplogise again because I can not remember the name. My wife will and I will update this later. Be sure to get the salsa, and been soap to go.

"The final leg into LA. California"

We stay on I-10 through New Mexico, and Arizona untill we get to I-8. I-8 goes into San Diego, but the traffic is is very light compared to I-10. Once in California we will take the back roads up towards Norco. A nice scenic route is to take HWY 52 north to HWY 78 west to HWY 76 or 79 northwest. Either one well get you to I-15 north which takes you right into Norco. there are plenty of places to stop using this route to make sure you miss the rush hour traffice on I-15.

Comments