13111 Sycamore Dr, Norwalk, CA 90650
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Expedia.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Norwalk

Happy Birthday Hal, Mags, Jules, and Kel!Happy Birthday Hal, Mags, Jules, and Kel!

Supun's Turn to ShineSupun's Turn to Shine

The Thai Belly Dancer Captures Our Attention!The Thai Belly Dancer Captures Our Attention!

Cars, Cars everywhere!Cars, Cars everywhere!

Travel Tips for Norwalk

A LOCAL FAVORITE!

by lmkluque

Most tourists stay in the nicer areas of a town, looking for the best options. Sure, many people say they want to go where the locals are--out of the path of a tourist area--but it seems that few tourists actually find a real Local Hangout.

This is exactly the type of establishment that appeals to the residents of a city. Forget where it is located, forget what it looks like on the outside. What we, "locals," want is a great meal at an affordable price. We want good service and a friendly accommodating atmosphere.

Probably if you drove past Rachada you'd bearly notice it's existence, you'd keep driving until you found an area that attracted your attention and appealed to your sense of style.

That is the safest thing to do, unless you've read this and would take my word that you would feel as welcomed as I did as soon as I walked through the door.

Cater to the Host

by lmkluque

Wrapping a red scarf around the head of the "host" is not a local custom. However, cartering to the host, making sure he/she is pleased with the service and attention is a local custom. Here, Keith is shown the proper way to wrap and tie the headdress. His big smile shows he is pleased with the attention.

Rachada Is Definitely....

by lmkluque

Not only was Rachada off the beaten path, the whole town of Norwalk was off the beaten path and it was a good place to hold a VT Meeting.

As you can see, the intimate group included Supun, "Supune," Keith, "TinKan," Linda, "lmkluque," (top row,) Dion, "Dionosaur," Ronnie, (Keith's Mom,) and Nancy, "Goner" (bottom row.)

We had a great time and though the idea of being entertained by a Belly Dancer was not a draw for me, it turned out to be quite impressive and funny too.

This photo was taken either by me or by Keith, "TinKan." Actually it was taken by the waitress with either my camera or Keith's camera. I can't tell which one, so must give KEITH credit for sharing his photo with me.

Hidden Delights in Norwalk

by lmkluque

"LOST IN THE L.A. SPRAWL"

Welcome to my Norwalk page,

Norwalk is a small city obscured in the great Los Angeles sprawl. Though I've passed through Norwalk thousands of times on the way to L.A., I've never had a reason to stop here. Not until Keith, "TinKan" organized a VT Meeting for 21 June 2003.

Technically the meeting was held at an address in Santa Fe Springs, the next city over. However, since most of my pics and tips are about the Norwalk VT Meeting, I'll keep it on the Norwalk page.

Hope you enjoy your visit,
Linda

VT Meeting in Norwalk - #1

by TinKan

"The Group"

The VT Meeting in Norwalk was not a big one but it was still a fun one. Here is the group from left to right, Supune, Dionosaur, TinKan, TinKan’s mother, lmkluque and Goner.

"The Choice"

Each person made a choice of what he or she wanted from the menu. There was so much to choose from so it took a while to choose.

"The Choice is made"

Once the choice was made the owner of the restaurant came to take our order. The owner was very helpful explaining what each item was and how hot you could get it.

"Starters were served"

Starters were served and the talking continued. It was nice to share travel experiences with VT friends and to talk about where we have been and places we have seen. I think between the group there we had covered most of the world.

"The postcards"

And what VT meeting would be complete without the postcards for our VT friends that were to far away to come and enjoy the fun? Keep an eye on the post for yours.

"The entertainment"

As the evening progressed the entertainment started with a Thai belly dancer. She had much grace but liked to play with sharp objects. The dancer danced while we ate dinner and continued to chat. She was quite good.

"Object of desire"

Supune was the object of the dancers desire and she danced for him. I think Supune was a bit embarrassed but as you can tell he was having fun. It took about 30 minutes for the smile to relax from his face a bit. Somewhere under the veil is the dancer.

"Thanks folks"

The evening was fun and I hope all had a great time with good friends, good food, entertainment and stories of travel. We did have to toast the VT crew for all of the hard work they have been doing to make VT the best place on the Internet for travel information. Thanks folks.

Comments