11734 Imperial Highway, Norwalk, CA, 90650
Rodeway Inn
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Norwalk

Two spoiled bratsTwo spoiled brats

Crowning GloryCrowning Glory

Surrounded by the Chaos of ConstructionSurrounded by the Chaos of Construction

Hey! What's up with this?Hey! What's up with this?

VT dinner and Party in Norwalk

by TinKan

OK folks mark your calendars. I am going to see if there is any interest in a VT dinner and party at a local Thai restaurant here in Norwalk California on the 24th of May 2003.

Norwalk is near where the I-105, I-605 and the I-5 all come together and should be centrally located for those in the South bay, LA and Orange county areas and can be accessed by any of those freeways easily.

If anyone is going to be in the area or you have an interest in coming please let me know so I can start to get this organized.

OOOPS
make that the 31st of May 2003.

The date is now set in stone.... 7JUNE 2003

by dila

hi,
how close/far is this from san francisco. because it is on the san francisco forum.
we arrive on the 24th of may in san francisco. so we are probably to tired. we get a car on the 28th of may so we have also a transport problem.
i hope you have a nice meeting.
we tried to start a meeting on the 25th or 26th. i think it will be a mini- meeting. we will meet topoftheworl on one of the days.
bye diana and josé

by dila

that to far. so we cannot go.
i hope you have a great meeting.
bye diana and josé

by TinKan

Funny you should ask about post cards.... I have been looking for some for Norwalk and for Santa Fe Springs and have not been able to find any yet. But the hunt will continue.

Everything is set for the 21st of June and the dancer WILL be there for the entire meeting (dinner).

by TinKan

We still need more people to make this happen.

Check out the vt meetings page under Norwalk for maps and info.

Please check out

for details of the party location and to confirm the invite.

by TinKan

OK Folks there is one more week to go until dinner time.
Contact me if you are or are not going to make it.

TinKan

by TinKan

The VT party in Norwalk is still on for tonight at 630 pm with the dancer showing up at 730 pm.
Hope to see you all there tonight.

Travel Tips for Norwalk

Let The Entertainment Begin!

by lmkluque

The food arrived and soon after, dramatic music introduced the Belly Dancer.

Belly Dancers at a restaurant is not really a local custom. It is the fact that neighborhood eateries often times are creative in keeping the people coming and Rachada seemed to be especially interested in drawing in regulars.

More Than One Local Custom Shown Here

by lmkluque

The Belly Dancer's talent amazed us all. Her gracious and elegant movements captivated us and there were a few exceptionally impressive moments in her dance, one included a huge sword being balanced on her hips.

Contrary to the image of American Movies, age is not really as limiting as one might think. Obviously beyond the age of 18, this woman's performance was so enchanting that her age did not hamper the success of the show she offered nor did it even come to mind.

Though we were a small and unimportant group of people, this dancer gave us her best effort and that was most impressive of all.

Norwalk, California

by Phalaenopsis03

Norwalk - The city where I'm currently employed at and the city where I actually spent my adolescent and teen years in. Attended the local schools here, but after moving away for college in the 90's, I thought I'd never return. But guess what? I did... 14 years later. Yup, now work'n in glorious Norwalk! Don't get me wrong, it's an ok city (some parts of it at least), just that it's so darn boring here. Really, it is. Not much going on except for when they hold events and fairs and things at the big lawn next to City Hall. Many non-locals don't even know where Norwalk is and others just pass it by on their way to other, more popular destinations such as Anaheim or Whittier, etc. But oh well, not that big a deal considering I have awesome colleagues to help me pass up the time. And how can I forget, this is where I met my Hal. =)

Norwalk's Claim to Fame
birthplace of 80's teen pop star, Tiffany
it's the start and end of the 105 fwy
it's home to one of several state hospitals
(and can't think of anything else really, bummer)

Our new home town

"Moving sucks"

In May of 2003 we moved to Norwalk to be in-between the two towns that we work in. Norwalk is a nice town but you would not know it if you were to just drive down the main road as most folks just think that the city hall is the only thing here. There is much more, Not the tourist type things but living type things. It took us weeks to find the grocery store that was actually in Norwalk but there is one as well as a very nice new movie theater and many fine restaurants.

One of the things that I have noticed about Norwalk is that they do like to have their festivals and will host a carnival at the drop of a hat. About every other month you can find a carnival on the front lawn of the city courthouse.

Norwalk is near where the I-105, I-605 and the I-5 all come together and is centrally located for those in the South bay, LA and Orange county areas and can be accessed by any of those freeways easily.

As we find more things out about this city I will put it up here so keep coming back to see what we find.

Bica is now 3 1/2 months old and in school to become a better dog. She is becoming the school bully and does not care how big the other dog or cat is.

NOTE: Bica has finnished school and is now almost a year old. Boy how time flies.... she is still a bit of a prissy dog and very very spoiled. (not by me) but she is good and she is box trained.

Two spoiled brats....