Executive Inn Oakland Waterfront

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 46% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Executive Inn Oakland Waterfront

Super value, recommended

After calling for the shuttle at the airport and waiting 45 minutes for it before I gave up, I was steeled for an unpleasant stay but was soon shown otherwise. Very easy access off I-880 at 16th St/Embarcadero for you drivers. There are 2 separate lobbies: check in at the Inn lobby on the left and then go to the new & stylish Suites lobby on the right if you stay in a suite. I had opted for a junior suite, and was given one at the far end of the building right by I-880 (tip: suites above No. 92 will have freeway views and noise, lower suite numbers will have that quiet water view).
Suites are nicely appointed, spacious and super clean. Nice desk with leather chair, sitting area with sofa and chair/ottoman, a balcony looking on the water or on I-880 (depending on your suite #). The bathroom was the size of a NYC hotel room and included a tub big enough for 2, a separate huge glassed-in shower, and enclosed toilet. Bed was blessedly firm and comfortable. Broadband was wired, fast and FREE.
Good continental breakfast in the Suites lobby with great pastries and other things, I was told the Inn had more selections but I had no need to check them out. The Inn also has a lounge for the evenings, but there is no on-site restaurant. The Suites concierge will help with restaurant & delivery options for the evening.
All this at something like 1/2 what I would have paid for a single room at the Marriott downtown---I would call this super value for money! Especially for business travel (and if you don't need the shuttle, which can be a bit unreliable) this should be your choice in Oakland.

Great Hotel

I stayed at this hotel on 12/6/04. The hotel has two buildings an older one and a newer one. The nerwer bldg is all suites. I stayed in a waterfront suite for a very reasonable price. The room had a balcony with chairs, microwave, refrig, separate tub and shower. It was very clean. Staff was very helpful. They had a decent continental breakfast in the morning. I did not use the shuttle, but the hotel is on the edge of Oakland and a car is needed to get around town.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Serenity now!

by TripAdvisor Member misharae

I stayed at the Executive Inn and Suites Feb. 6-11 and had a wonderful time. I had a waterfront king suite and it was amazing. The room was gorgeous (the separate shower and HUGE tub were a great treat) and the balcony view of the marina was beautiful.

The shuttle was a wonderful convenience and the shuttle driver was very, very helpful with restaurant recommendations (thanks John I.). If you're in the mood to go to San Francisco, simply have the shuttle drop you off at the ferry and enjoy the beautiful ride from Oakland to San Fran.

I would absolutely stay there again and definitely plan to in the future.

When in Oakland this IS the place !

by TripAdvisor Member salesmanagement

What a nice surprise. I've been looking for a great hotel at a fair price in Oakland for a long time and this is it. I stayed in a "mini-suite" in the newer building and had a terrific view of the bay. I would only book a room that faces the bay. Some rooms face the 880 freeway, avoid those rooms because of the freeway noise. Also .. They have a great business center for business travelers and FREE internet service. GREAT PLACE .. Spend the few extra dollars for a suite looking toward the bay.

Wonderful Bay Area Oasis!

My family stayed at the Executive Inn for a week and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and addressed any questions or issues that we had. We stayed in a king suite facing the water with a tranquil view. There was plenty of room for our 14 - month old daughter to romp around and enjoy herself! The complimentary paper, breakfast buffet (each day!), dinner appetizers in the lounge and fresh fruit was a real treat! The spa bath and separate shower was fabulous! The walk along the water around the backside of the building was very serene. We felt secure due to the fact that entry required a guest key swipe at all doors after 10 pm and for most doors at other times except the front entrances. Parking was convenient and free and the ameneties included a fitness room, business center and laundry (which we used!) We didn't get to enjoy the pool or spa because of the weather. I would highly recommend the Executive Inn to anyone traveling in the Bay Area. It is close enough to San Francisco and conveniently located off of the Freeway. If our travels bring us back to Oakland, the Executive Inn will be our choice!

Pros and Cons-Good overall

by TripAdvisor Member machete

We stayed two nights while in town for the Giants-A's baseball series. It's a good location, only three miles to ball park. Easy on and off freeway. We had a waterfront King Suite in the newer building. The room was huge, nice and clean, with a pretty neat view of the cove. Overall I would stay here again.

The bed was not real comfortable but not too bad. The room has an electronic safe inside, which was great to have. The TV was a 32-inch, and had Nintendo for the kids, and a selection of movies. The bathroom was spacious, and it had a mini-fridge, and small microwave just outside of it by the entry. The room AC fan was quite noisy, and the fan in the area where the commode was located (separate from the rest of the bathroom) was very noisy. The shower stall was separate, but all glass-see through, and the tub was extra-deep, which was nice but not a whirlpool tub. The swimming pool was small but warm, and clean, with a wind breaker clear fence on the west side. The spa was nice, clean and was spacious. I was impressed with the staff, who were all friendly. The continental breakfast was not bad, but the toasters only warmed, did not toast (no real biggie). There was security present on the grounds at all times. The fitness center was only three treadmills, and nothing else. There was a business center where guests could use the computer. The pull-out sofa bed did not have any mattress pad, and no blanket or pillow. Had to call desk and have them brought up to the room. They brought it promptly, and it was midnight. The doors slam hard on spring hinges, so you can always hear your neighbors come and go even after bedtime. I think that just about covers it. Overall, like I say it was good, and I would come back again.

The Best Deal Goin'

by TripAdvisor Member finnrobert

I stayed with my family here and found it to be a great value and great accomodations. We stayed in the 2nd building with the suites and found the room to be more than adequate. With the large bathroom, sitting room in the lobby, pool, internet room, free breakfast at the going rate and for the region this is a real bargain and a comfortable Inn. I would recommend it to anyone.
The location as to where the hotel is situated takes a little to get used to as Oakland is an industrial city and this area is going through a turn around in the sense of bringing back life to once was an harbor area.

We loved this hotel!

We stayed in this hotel on our way out of San Francisco. We wanted to be close to the Oakland airport for our early morning flight. We were sorry we couldn't stay longer. We had a king suite with a patio overlooking the harbor on a Sunday night for $127!!! Anywhere else would have been $200-$250 minimum. The concierge was very knowlegeable and helpful. The hotel and our room was beautiful. We will definitely stay there again.

Am I missing something here??

by TripAdvisor Member billybob10

I travel all around the country and this is for sure one of the worst hotels i have stayed at for a long time. Front desk - what a joke, service was poor at best with the most antiquated system I have ever seen. My first room was so dirty i had to go back and get another, cleaner yes, but not exactly somewhere i would want to hang out in. As for the "romantic" walk along the water's edge, you got to be kidding, nothing much romantic about a walk when your concerned that you are going to be mugged by many undesirables hanging out along the waterway at any minute! Breakfast - the worst i have experienced anywhere, without a doubt!
Go somewhere else, there has to be better.

Now does anybody have any decent suggestions for Oakland??

A++ Hotel & Staff

What a fantastic hotel! Stayed in a King Deluxe Waterview suite for 6 nights and hated to leave. Shuttle took us everywhere we needed to go and the hotel staff was very helpful in getting us around (going to the A's games; visiting SF and finding our way around Oakland). Our suite was large and comfortable and we loved the balcony - so nice on the water side! Price was a fantastic deal; especially compared to what we have paid across the bay. We will be back!

In the MausoleumIn the Mausoleum