3657 Church St, Occidental, CA 95465
Hotels.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about Inn At Occidental Of Sonoma

Indulged!

by TripAdvisor Member 19514G

The folks that own this Inn have alot of experience in the hotel/ service business and boy does it show! Not only is the Inn spectacular- antiques and interesting knick knacks galore, each bedroom with an individual personality- but the owners work at making your stay memorable. Firstly they upgraded our room without a request from us. Then they recommended some great places to eat dinner. We asked where we could buy a New York Times and they found one for us. There was wine, cheese and fruit in early evening and cookies in the evening. Breakfast was served in a lovely room and they made every effort to make sure we enjoyed the meal. We were completely indulged!

One Diamond Too Many

by TripAdvisor Member Take_Me_Home_Now

This Inn boasts of its Mobile Four Diamond status. I expect a Four Diamond Inn to be flawless. Our room at this Inn had two flaws that are completely unacceptable for an Inn of this stature: 1) dirty carpeting, and 2) sandpaper-like towels.

While the Inn itself is appealing, the view from the Inn is not. The Inn, which sets on a hill, overlooks the backside of Occidental's commerical district. But alas, good views aren't too far away, as one only needs to drive Coleman Valley Road towards the ocean to see spectacular Sonoma coast views.

Unlike other reviewers, I didn't find the innkeepers overtly friendly. However, their wonderful assistant, a former "teacher of many things" (her words, not mine) was delightful, witty, and extremely informative. She gets Four Gold Stars!

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member pete1222

We really enjoyed our night here. Clean, quiet, and comfortable.
A great stopover place between SF and regions north.
Very nice inn keepers once you "engage" with them.
Excellent staff!
P&W

Expected more

by TripAdvisor Member Mainerd

Was okay, expected more for the price. Innkeepers seemed tired, the assistant was much more personable. The area did not have much to add. As another person said "one diamond too many". I think people are a little generous on trip advisor.

Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member amsweet77

We stayed at this relaxing inn for 4 nights. It is located more to the Sonoma Wineries if you follow the Westside Road & Dry Creek Road route.
Breakfast was fantastic, fresh granola, baked goods, fruit every day. A hot breakfast will follow, every day was even better than the last. Salmon hash with poached eggs, fresh fruit blintzes, quiche. We were not prepared for the full amount of food you will recieve.
Every night they have a wine & cheese reception, we met some very nice couples there.
We opened a bottle of wine & sat either on the porch or in the courtyard & relaxed before the 5:30 reception. So nice and quiet.
Rooms were spotless, and had wine glasses, bottles of water, Aveda bath products, nice fresh fluffy towels & spa robes. No TV, so don't expect it, but we did not miss it either.
The Innkeeper made dinner reservations for us every night, and managed to get us a table at sunset at a restaurant on the Bodega Bay, it was breathtaking. He was also very helpful with our shipping dillema with our cases of wine.

We will be back, we had a great time.

Occidental will be difficult to beat for my wife's birthday this year

I took my wife there for her 30th birthday. Therefore, I was hoping for the best. And, it was!

We are both still students. So, it was splurging for us to go there. (Anywhere above $50 a night is splurging for us.) But, man was it worth it!

Everything was perfect.

After we arrived, unpacked, went to wine reception, and returned to our room, my wife said, "You can certainly see why this place is well regarded." "And, why is that?" I asked. She said, "Well, look at it. Everything on the outside and inside is so cute! The hostess and owners are super friendly. The wine reception was so cozy. They are treating us as if we are the only ones here. This room is adorable! Everything is just beautiful here!"

Then we turned, and saw that while we were attending the wine reception, they left a mini birthday cake in the room for us. After enjoying it, we watched a movie from the huge hot tub in the bedroom. We have never done that before.

The only problem that this place left me with is that to keep the romance in our relationship, I am always trying to come up with new and better ideas that will be more enjoyable than things we have done on previous occasions. But, for my wife's birthday this year, how am I going to beat the Inn at Occidental?

Can't stay away

My husband and I went back for a third trip to the Inn this October for 3 nights. Obviously, we like the Inn. I can't imagine finding anything wrong with it. Should there be a problem, the innkeepers work tirelessly to fix it. You only need ask. Occidental is quaint & peaceful and away from most of the awful traffic & wine tasting fees. A couple can't miss events: horseback riding in the Armstrong Woods (worth every penny), eating at Underwood (the bar) in Graton, Bella Winery, driving the Coleman Valley Road in the early PM, the coffee/granola/fresh yogurt at the Inn. Pignoli's in Occidental was a pleasant surprise this trip. When you tire of driving, it's a nice walk across the street. Went with family and was a bit nervous to introduce them to the Inn but they too were treated like royalty. The innkeepers even arranged a birthday cake for our sister-in-law. The pastries are typically to die for (though not quite as decadent this trip). Bring a book & be ready to breathe deeply & enjoy the good life. This isn't action central but the innkeepers are kind and the Inn really does start to feel like home . . . if you let it. A return trip can be inevitable despite the cost.

Perfect end to our Honeymoon!

The owners and staff are warm, hospitable and very professional. We felt at home and could have stayed on for days. The food was fabulous, our room was spotless and luxurious, and all the little added touches made it a perfect stay. There are many good wineries and other things to do in driving distance! I have worked in hospitality for over 10 years and can honestly say this is the best experience I have ever had...at work or on vacation!

Very nice B&B

I stayed at the Inn at Occidental with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed ourselves. The location was pretty decent (on our way to Napa) and the owners of the inn were very accommodating. Make sure you visit the Naked Lady restaurant across the street, the food is incredible and you can sit at the bar while they prepare everything (a true sight!).

You need to stay Here!

If you want quality service, peaceful surroundings, and unmatched luxury you need to stay at the Inn at Occidental. Out of all the B&B's I have stayed in, this one is by far the best. The over sized jetted tubs, themed rooms, the most comfortable beds you want to take home with you make this B&B heaven...not to mention the unbelievable food! The breakfast is excellent. Grab a bottle of wine, turn on the fire in the room, and enjoy the same luxury my girlfriend and I experienced while staying at the Inn at Occidental. I can easily say that I will never stay at another B&B in the wine country. See for yourself!

Comments