133 S Coast Hwy, Oceanside, California, 92054, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Oceanside

LJ, Queenie and myself enjoying dinnerLJ, Queenie and myself enjoying dinner

You can't miss this placeYou can't miss this place

Oceanside BeachOceanside Beach

Avery with Jamba Juice!Avery with Jamba Juice!

TOP GUN HOUSE?

by Buckwyld6450

Where is this house located?

RE: TOP GUN HOUSE?

by lmkluque

The "Top Gun House" is located in Oceanside across from the beach on "The Strand" (I think that's what the street is called.) I have pictures of the house and a couple other "Top Gun" sites in the "Top Gun" travelogue on my San Diego page if you'd like to see.

Hope this helps,
Linda

RE: TOP GUN HOUSE?

by TheTravelSlut

You are probably aware that the Kansas City BBQ grill downtown San Diego still has the piano that Goose played and lots of aviation memorabilia. Very good BBQ also!

The Travel Slut
"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere." Helen Gurley Brown

Travel Tips for Oceanside

Stop at the new California...

by glasslady

Stop at the new California Welcome Center on 101, just off the I-5. There are good signs to direct you and a helpful staff who will load you down with magazines and pamphlets for everything in San Diego County and rest of California, and even parts of Mexico. We just moved here and love to eat lunch on the beach at one of the many picnic areas. The Oceanside beach is one of the best in CA and is very user friendly.

Ugly and... expensive?

by matcrazy1

I noticed that they often built at least one ugly building as on my picture in the best location = close to the beautiful Pacific Ocean and not only in Oceanside but for example in Coronado as well.

I guess that it's an appartment building with very expensive appartments. Am I wrong?
It seems that business is sometimes more important than beauty.

Hmm... it looks worse in many European Mediterranean beach towns and cities (in Spain and Italy) which are often full of such (and higher) buildings built mainly in 60' and 70'.
What do you think?

From my friend Linda (lmkluque):
The ugly building at the marina is a hotel not apartment building. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure.
Thank you Linda!

From my friend Linda (Imkluque) again:
"Well Matt, your friend Linda was wrong. That building is called Marina Towers and is not a Hotel, it is a building of Condos. Sorry for misleading you.
Your imperfect friend,
Linda."
Matt loves imperfect friends :-))).

Don't they ride motorcycles?

by matcrazy1

I expected to see a lot of motorcycles in warm Southern California and... what a surprize: I could see very few motorbikes (except policemen riding them) around Oceanside and San Diego County area. I wonder why? Any ideas?

Maybe it was too early (April), or maybe they are used only by younger generations, busy studying that time or maybe they just prefer more comfortable and save cars. What do you think?

From my friend Linda (lmkluque):
Motorcycles are used more for sporting occasions than transportation as it is not the safest method of getting around.

Public flowers?

by matcrazy1

There are a lot of flowers seen in Oceanside and not only in peoples' yards but just by a highway as well. It seems that they don't water them so they grow till there is enough water in the ground.
Never mind, I discovered Oceanside full of flowers and green colour in April when I visited the area.

A true greasy spoon

by BLewJay about Angelo's Burgers

If you are looking for an alternative to the big fast food chains, then this is the place. True it's a fast food joint, but the prices are great, the employees friendly and the portions are huge. We selected the 1/4 lb. Hamburger Combo (special sauce, lettuce, tomato and pickle) which came with a huge order of fries and a coke.

Comments