Extendedstay Oceanside

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Oceanside

It frames the Pepper TreeIt frames the Pepper Tree

Wow, this feels so goodWow, this feels so good

No lifeguard on dutyNo lifeguard on duty

beach and pierbeach and pier

San Clemente State Beach

by zenastar

The closest forum to this site is Oceanside but I really want to know about San Clemente State Beach. There is very little information on the websight and no one answers the phone when I call the office.
I want to camp at this beach for the weekend of June 12th. It's my boyfriends 30th birthday so I want everything to go off without a hitch. The reserveamerica websight says they are fully booked.

I want to know if they have any walk-in camp sights set aside for people who were not able to make reservations and how many.
What are the chances that I can get a tent (NOT RV) campsight if I show up Thursday night without a reservation? What is the cost?
Any other information will help.

Thanks, Zena

by lmkluque

This is a pretty popular place, but it might be early enough in the season to find a spot not taken. However, I wouldn't count on walking in to get a camp site.

You can reserve a place on-line:

Hope it's not too late!

by KimberlyAnn

This is a very popular place in the summer time. I imagine that the site you visited was the park's official park webpage, if not, try this link.

I am pretty sure that they had "Hike or Bike" campsites for people who are camping with tents, but I did a quick web search for these, and could find no helpful information about these. If you haven't tried these phone numbers, give them a try. 949-492-3156 or 1-800-444-7275

by GracesTrips

I'm not that familiar with the beach but I believe some of it may be off limits. There is not much there as far as a town to hang out at. You're better off with Laguna Beach, Oceanside, Danapoint, Balboa, Hungtington Beach. You'll find restaurants, bars and shops in these other towns.

I also know California is going through a crisis with our state budget. The governor has indicated some of the areas they will cut funding and state parks are part of that. When? I'm not sure.

Travel Tips for Oceanside

300 North Coast Highway
Oceanside, California 92054
Main Phone +1 (760) 435-3065

Oceanside Chamber of Commerce:

They painted the lighthouse for me :-)

by matcrazy1

Believe me or not but my VT friends painted the white conical Oceanside Harbor Lighthouse in... Poland's national colours that is in white and red stripes just before our arrival!
Look at my picture and here, please.

Thank you very much my great friends! You are much more crazy than me !!!
Please do NOT change the colours :-).

Dress code

by matcrazy1

It seems that either locals and visitors wear just casual clothes in Oceanside. For some people casual clothes means a shapeless T-shirt and old jeans, for other chinos and sweaters.
Both are socially acceptable in Oceanside and generally in California - maybe except in top, luxury restaurants. Am I right? I never visited them. Try to guess why? :-))).

From my friend Linda (lmkluque):
Casual is accepted in most places unless stated at the door, ie. "Jacket and Tie required" or "No Tennis Shoes" etc. However, each person should dress in the way they feel comfortable for the occasion. Tourist often don't have dressy clothes with them so their casualness is overlooked. See what I mean?
Thank you Linda.

Watch birds

by matcrazy1

Walking around the Oceanside Marina pay attention to the birds swimming in the Pacific Ocean and sitting around, mainly in numerous boats/yachts.

Enlarge my picture please. What bird is it? Pelican??? If you know please e-mail me.

From my friend Elisabeth (eden_teuling):
Pelicanus Occidentalis, abnoally huge, some 110 cm. Wingspan 230 cm. Eastcoast of North America from North Carolina to the South via the Caribean to tropical Brazil and along the Westcoast of North America from Washington to Peru.
Breeds from S. Carolina to the Orinoco river in Brazil and from California to Equador and on the Galapagos Islands.
THANK YOU Elisabeth!

From Justin (JustinJansen):
The bird is a Brown pelican.
THANK YOU Justin!

Great burger joint

by spartan about Schooners Burgers "N" Beer

Mom and pop sports bar where their is no table service (says so on the sign), but that allows them to keep costs down. You go pickup your utensils and condiments then head back to the table and wait for your number to be called. You can get a basket full of peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. Overall, it's a nice setup. Try one of the following: The Teriyaki burger or the 1/2 lb. Cheese Burger with tomato, lettuce, onion and pickle on a sesame seed bun . Throw in some fries and a cold Bass Ale and the tab came to $10.77.

Comments