Holiday Inn Express Oceanside

3170 Vista Way, (formerly Oceanside-Days Inn), Oceanside, California, 92056, United States
Baymont Inn & Suites Oceanside
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Oceanside

From the beach!From the beach!

I think I'm just going to lay hereI think I'm just going to lay here

Speciality of the houseSpeciality of the house

Awesome dinnerAwesome dinner

Grunion Run

by antiqueguy

Do the grunion still run on the beaches between Oceanside and Carlsbad? According to the schedule, it should be June 26-29.

Re: Grunion Run

by travelgourmet

In Ocenside at Harbor Beach, Buccaneer Beach and St. Malo Beach possible. At Carlsbad State Beach or South Carlsbad State Beach. Times are: Sa 9:40 p.m. - 11:40 p.m.;Su 10:15 p.m. - 12:15 a.m.; Mo 10:50 p.m. - 12:50 a.m.; Tu 11:25 p.m. - 1:25 a.m. It is a four night gamble that they will appear. No light or sound on a smooth, moist sandy beach is the best way to spot them and wait under they appear in numbers to try to get them or photograph them, not the first scouts. Again, this is a miss or hit event at any Southern California beach. Remember that a valid fishing license is required for persons 16 years and older to take grunion and only by hand. Fun to watch. BTW, ask the Lifeguard station near the beach you want to go to for final verification.

Travel Tips for Oceanside

Urgent Care

by ehcolhak

A great walk in medical center in Oceanside in North County San Diego. Mission Urgent Care and Family Practice no appointments are necessary! I got stung by a sting ray, the doctor saw me immediately, gave me a thorough exam and took over twenty minutes to talk to me! I wish he lived in my town. I paid cash at Mission Urgent Care and did not get treated badly because I don't have insurance. The staff was wonderful, made me comfortable and gave me some water to drink. Thanks Dr. B! all of it

The boys of summer

by trvlnurse

The summer season is really the most pleasant and happening time for Oceanside.
The beach is generally packed and Oceanside is one of the few beaches that allows "cruising" along the street next to the beach. I am not a fan of either the packed beach or cruising, but I know some folks are and generally the teens love it. July 4th brings a mass of people, bands, volleyball, and lots of alcohol consumption, Fun time of year.
Keep in mind that this area of Ca. has an eclectic bunch of people, a large military base, and tattoos and motorcycles are common. Although I am told that this area used to be crime ridden and rough that is not an issue for the most part. But, it may not be suitable for young children or the faint of heart.

Wooden or not wooden houses?

by matcrazy1

There were quite many houses similar to this one on my picture at least close to the Oceanside Harbor (Marina). Were they made of wood (hmm... I doubt) or it's something (vinyl?) which was called "siding" in my country.

Btw they looked a little similar to houses I could see in Norway and Sweden if you skip the palm trees around. Am I wrong?

From my friend Chris (balfor) from Atlanta (Georgia):
Yes, we call it siding, but will frequently also refer to the material it is made out of. Probably the most common types of siding currently available are wood, vinyl and hardiplank (or cement board). 30 years ago, the siding of choice was aluminum, but that has fallen out of favour in modern times.

Walking down the marina

by TinKan

We love to go walking and the marina provided a chance to walk along the pathway to the beach and along the docks. The view of the boats and of the sea was nice.

Take a nice stroll along the marina and enjoy the fresh air and sea breeze. Hey you were born with them.... your feet.

Salsa Bar

by TinKan about Rockin Baja Lobster

In the Rockin Baja Lobster they have a salsa bar with a varitiy of different salsas which range from Hot to sweet.

As you can see Supun was enjoying the salsa bar. I enjoyed the Honey and chilie butter. I also liked the hot carrots. The honey and chilie butter was great on the shrimp.

Comments