Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina

1401 Carmelo Drive, Oceanside, California, 92054, United States
Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
IHG Priceline.com Orbitz.com

More about Oceanside

Look at me, no life vestLook at me, no life vest

The Place to East In OceansideThe Place to East In Oceanside

Oceanside PierOceanside Pier

Opening leaving presentsOpening leaving presents

any hostels or budget lodging?

by snowflier

Or how about near Leucadia? Was planning on coming for some surf lessons on Beacons Beach(1 week). But I can't find any hostel on the internet near the beach or even in Oceanside. Does anyone know of any?

Please provide public transport directions with your suggestions, if possible. E.g how to get from Beacons to the hostel.

Daily commuting from downtown San Diego would take too long, no?

Thanks!

RE: any hostels or budget lodging?

by MonoBichi

Recommend you stay in the IYH in downtown Sand Diego and grab the Coaster train up to Oceanside.

RE: any hostels or budget lodging?

by snowflier

well...no hotels/motels. I'm travelling mostly backpacker-style but without the hugemongous packs. Like Monobichi suggests, I'll prob shack up at 1 of the hostels ($20+ a nite) downtown...altho the commute would be a teeny setback. Then again, it would allow me to see some sights.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Travel Tips for Oceanside

Oceanside, California has a...

by Bettypine

Oceanside, California has a beautiful harbor that is filled with more than just moored boats. Several of its best restaurants sit near the water, with an ocean view of the boats coming and going along the harbor shores.With connecting boardwalks and sandy beaches you'll find surfers, campers, and fisherman, locals and tourists alike.
The harbor also includes a motor home park, and small camp grounds, with firerings for those evening bonfires that stir the imagination as you get a glimpse of the stars through clear skies.
I love taking walks in the early evening there, and stopping at the little ice cream shop for a treat. A couple small wooden fishing piers dot the boardwalk and you can stop to watch the sunset over the ocean as the last of the fishing boats amble in, and pelicans diving straight into the waters to bring up their supper. An awe inspiring place that I can't imagine it being any better any where else. Oceanside, California is the place I chose to raise my two sons. I knew that the wonderful climate, beautiful beaches, and all the activities such a place would have to offer would make for a lot of exciting times with my children. I wasn't wrong.
With the ocean to surf and swim in, the mountains to camp at, and the climate to enjoy year round sports in, we have had a full and exciting life in Oceanside.
In the winter we are only one hour away from snow that Mount Laguna gets and up we go to play in winter wonderland. If you want more snow, Big Bear is only a couple more hours away, and is world reknowned as an excellent place for skiing and snowboarding. Any time of the year there is Disneyland, Lego Land, and Magic Mountain, not to forget San Diego Zoo who has two Giant Pandas on loan from China, and with the first birth of their off spring makes it one of the top 5 places to visit.
All of these places are within easy driving distance from Oceanside.

Gas stations - 6 questions, 4 replies!

by matcrazy1

1. Do they have petrol/fuel and petrol stations? No, they do NOT. Travelling around the USA don't look for petrol and petrol stations! There is a gas and gas stations, instead!

2. What kind of gas do they sell?
As you can see there are 4 kinds of gas sold:
Reg. = Regular
Spec. = Special
Sup.+ = Super Plus
Diesel

3. What does it mean 9/10 on the picture?
Hmm.. I don't know. Do you know? E-mail me please :-).
From my friend Linda (lmkluque):
9/10 means .009 of a dollar. $2.17 9/10 is really almost $2.18. It is a trick. You say, "I paid $2.17 for gas when you're actually paying $2.18 because anything after .005 rounds up to the next number. Everyone knows this but no one pays attention to it. :-) You know, a penny one way or the other isn't important.
Thank you Linda :-).
From my friend David (newyorkrrman):
The 9/10 on the gas prices, that means 90% of a penny per gallon. It's like the frequent business practice of charging 99 cents for an item, instead of $1 even, supposed to make people think that they are paying less that they are.
Thank you David :-).

4. Which gas to buy?
Hmm... I don't know.
I bought Special for my (rented) Buick Century (175-horsepower 3100 V6 Engine) and... Regular at the end of my trip (try to guess why hehe). Did I do right?

5. How to pay for a gas?
Hmm... look at the sign:
SELF = self service
Cash or credit = you can pay in cash or by credit/debit cards either in a pump or at the cashier.
I usually paid by cash like most of locals.

6. How much is a gas in Oceanside now?
Follow the link given below and search for Oceanside gas stations.

My VT meeting Packing List

by matcrazy1

Possibly no bags except for your camera! What you like! Just to feel comfortable and relaxing! The best you have - water and shock - resistant if possible :-))). Do you want the whole list? OK, my top 5:
1. Good humour :-)
2. Good humour :-)
3. Good humour :-)
4. Good humour :-)
5. Postcards (local and/or funny), coloured pencils: red = love, black = respect :-), address notebook!

Sunshine Brooks Theatre~

by Yaqui

This lovely historic theatre still breaths life within the local community. It has been lovingly restored and services many community theathre. It was nice to see such a historic icon still being loved and enjoyed. They have all kinds of functions, so please checkout the web site for more information.

217 North Coast Highway
Oceanside, California 92054

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

by TinKan about Nautical Bean Coffee Company

A nice little coffee house located in the Dock area of Oceanside. The Expresso was very good and they make a very good ice coffee.
The price was a bit high but well worth it. The coffee house has many cakes that look great. Look at my other tips for more info on the cakes.

Comments