Southern California Beach Club Resort Condos

Southern California Beach Club
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Oceanside

Oceanside PierOceanside Pier

Total rest and relaxationTotal rest and relaxation

Oceanside streetOceanside street

notice the cop on the right.. I got a nice stare fnotice the cop on the right.. I got a nice stare f

Fishing Rods

by Shelli4216

Where can you rent fishing rods for pier fishing? Thank you, Shelli

by GracesTrips

Oceanside, California? I have lived in SoCal all my life. We used to go fishing off the piers every weekend back in the 60's and early 70's. Nowadays, it's not advisable to eat the fish (if that is your intent) due to the poluted waters and mercury levels in the fish off our coasts.

But...a great alternative (I know several people who do this) is to charter a fishing boat that goes down to San Diego/Mexico waters to fish for tuna. All equipment is provided for you. I think you can do a 1/2 day or all day trip.

I'm sorry I wasn't too helpful but I thought I would fore warn you. Everyone I know who used to fish off the coasts have now turned to trout fishing.

by travelgourmet

Oceanside Pier in California is a great fishing pier. One of the longest if not the longest pier at around 1950 feet. There is fishing tackle available on the pier and no license to fish is necessary from the pier. If you are concerned about the pollution then check out the California Health hazard website: http://oehha.ca.gov/fish.html

by lmkluque

Larry, the Travelgourmet King, knows his stuff. The OB Pier is the longest pier along the California USA coast, but the new pier in Mexico at the Rosarito Beach Hotel in Baja California, Mexico, is longer.

People fish from the Ocean Beach Pier everyday of the week. There is the "OB Pier Bait & Tackle" shop about half way down the pier and they will rent anything you'll need for a day of fishing as well as give you information about the quality of the waters below.

If you want to read more about it take a look at my Ocean Beach page in the Shopping Tips section.

Travel Tips for Oceanside

An Inviting Beach Town

by Goner

I ventured to Oceanside for a Virtual Tourist Meeting and I was not expecting to find such a lovely beach town with three and a half miles of pristine beach, the beautiful San Luis Rey Mission, and a charming little habor with seaside restaurants. Oceanside also has one of the longest wooden piers in California and the view from the pier of the town with a mountain backdrop is really lovely. The tour of the "King of the Missions" San Luis Rey was a pleasent surprise, this mission has been maintained and is an excellent example of California missions.

Surfing

by trvlnurse

Oceanside is a very popular surf site and since my surfing ability is limited to the few lessons I have taken I must rely on other sources to say whether it is good surfing. I assume it must be good because they arrive before 6am even in the winter, 50 or so bobbing heads waiting for a wave, and surely freezing their tails off.

Clean area?

by matcrazy1

It seems that Oceanside is a very clean area. There are no wastes and garbages seen neither at streets, on the beaches nor in locals' yards. And people surely always wear clean (although casual) clothes as well. Am I wrong?

Is it a culture thing or strict law about littering? Probably both. Am I wrong?
Hmm... for littering on a freeway I-5 you may get $1000 (one thousand!) fine.

From my friend Linda (lmkluque):
Littering is not accepted socially. There were trash cans but the trash cans were discretely disguiesed. Remember, there was a trash can next to the table we sat at when we first arrived?

Oceanside Public Library ~ Once home to AJ Myers

by Yaqui

This is a beautiful centerpiece to the downtown area is the Public Library, Fountain, and City Hall. This spot was once where Andrew Jackson Myers who was the founder of Oceanside. He was a native of La Salle County Illinois, where he was born in 1840, but lived in San Joaquin County California around 1852. Served in the military during the Civil War, and returned to California and started San Luis Rey Township in 1881. In 1882 he moved on the land embracing the original town site of Oceanside. He founded the Oceanside Water Company which was very critical to establishing early Oceanside. He served his community and the community of San Diego County for which he will always be remembered for.

Living in Oceanside,...

by Bettypine

Living in Oceanside, California I have many choices on where and which kind of restaurant I want to eat at. Do I want an ocean view and halibut, or perhaps I would like to eat at one of the many fine restaurants at the harbor such as The Jolly Rogers.
Being in southern California and close to Mexico as Oceanside is only 50 minutes away from their border, we have a choice of wonderful authentic Mexian cuisine. That's my choice, and Anitas restaurant is one of the best. Located on Pacific Highway going through the heart of Oceanside, it's easy to find for travellers. It can be crowded on week-ends because the locals know how great the food is at Anitas. Chicken enchiladas smothered in red sauce and served with re-fried beans and Mexican rice, warm tortilla chips, spicy salsa and that ice cold blended Margarita will bring you back on your way home for another taste of Oceanside.
Anitas restaurant has made Oceanside its home for over 20 years. Being in the same location, it enjoys tourists that come back and are amazed it is still as it was so many years before, and that the food and drink are just as they remembered, maybe even better. I think that is the feature that is most beloved about Anitas besides its delicious food. Anitas restaurant has all the authentic Mexican dishes with a true taste of Mexico. My choice is always the Chicken enchiladas with red sauce, but my son loves their steak faitas. It's a hard choice, but no matter which one you choose it's going to be a great meal, for a great price.

Comments