108 Pauline Dr., End of Blanche St., Ojai, California, 93023, United States

Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• Almost ruined Ojai for me!!!

My now husband, and I searched for the perfect property to host our 3-day, wedding weekend for our families. Then we found this gorgeous hotel and ended up renting the ENTIRE property for 3 days. If you're doing your math, people, that's a little over $8,000 the owners made off of us.

Everything was fine until my family began to arrive on Friday. I'm African-American, my husband is Jewish. The owner became tense, rude and began demanding deposits that hadn't been mentioned before. We'd already settled the bill with a great lady that worked in the office, but then the owner came in and, after locking the rooms that had already been opened so I could put gift baskets in them, wouldn't hand the keys over to me until I paid her the extra money. Where I come from, that's called extortion.

We paid, because at that point our guests had arrived, entire families, some of whom live across the country and hadn't seen each other in 10 years. After a few hours of her sitting in the office, glaring at everyone as they gathered by the pool before leaving for the rehearsal dinner, she left, and was replaced by a wonderful employee. I was so devastated about the owner's outrageous behavior, I didn't attend my own rehearsal dinner.

When we confronted the owner about her behavior at the end of our stay, there was no remorse on her part whatsoever. It's sad because we would've been loyal customers who returned every year for our anniversary, and my husband's family is a HUGE, warm (wealthy) family that loves to travel, renting multiple homes in the summers together, and had fallen in love with this place as well. But now that they know how my family was treated, they're never coming back to this establishment again. We all will be taking our business and our money elsewhere. At the end of the day, we're just good people who didn't deserve to be treated this way.

Comments