160 Besant Rd., Ojai, California, 93023, United States
Tingo.com Travelocity Hotels.com

More about The Ojai Retreat

Ojai Retreat - Just As It Sounds - Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member DavisItaly

The Ojai Retreat was a great find. It is very friendly but not intrusive, quite, has lovely gardens, incredible views, near the best restaurant in town without the drive, and an European flavor. ~ Cathy

Impressed and satisfied by both the staff and the facility

by TripAdvisor Member floresm18

I recently stayed at the Ojai Retreat for 3 days for a staff retreat with 19 of my colleagues. The location was wonderful and the grounds immaculate. The rooms were beautiful, unique and well-maintained. The office staff, gardeners and cleaning staff were friendly and polite; everyone at the Ojai Retreat went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. It was wonderful to find so many peaceful spots on site to reflect or gather as a small group. Our group booked the entire retreat space and really enjoyed having the kitchen space to prepare and share meals together and to have the large, comfortable meeting space. The prices are very reasonable and I would definitely recommend the Ojai Retreat to small organizations for a retreat.

Total Relaxation!

by TripAdvisor Member GundamRose

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Ojai Retreat House. We had the best (and longest) sleep in the most relaxing and quiet place, plus the cottage we stayed at has a fridge and microwave-
all for a decent price. TV/cable or phone not included, and we didn't really miss it since the place is so relaxing we ended up sleeping early, the bed oh so comfy! There's a walking trail and they put some benches on some areas where one can just sit and read a book, or meditate, or just enjoy the beauty of nature, or clear your mind, or simply breathe in the clean, fresh air. We saw some rabbits running by, a hawk hovering above the trees, and a woodpecker up close. The Ojai Retreat House offer meditation and yoga class. And, the breakfast served is better than what other hotels offer, and the other guests are nice and friendly.

In a word, WONDERFUL!

by TripAdvisor Member losalwildanimalpark

I can't quite articulate it, but there is something quite transcendent about the place.........spiritual........other-worldly. Maybe it's the magnificent flora and the fauna (I love oak trees and hummingbirds and quail) that make it special. The photographs really don't do it justice ---- it is far more beautiful than depicted. Anyway, thanks to all who have assumed stewardship of the Ojai Retreat. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Lovely and unpretentious

by TripAdvisor Member RobertCary

My partner and I selected the Ojai Retreat based on Tripadvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. For a very reasonable 125 dollars we had a lovely room with a partial view of the valley from the large bay window; a separate dressing area with small fridge and microwave; and full bath. This was not one of the recently renovated bathrooms but it was clean and spacious nonetheless. A manager of the property showed me several other rooms, all charming, and many included brand-new bathrooms (ask when you book if this matters to you). The grounds are not meticulously kept -- just well-kept -- but there is a certain ragged charm to that, and the lack of utter perfectionism is somehow more calming than having the garden manicured within an inch of its botanical life. A simple continental-style breakfast was provided in the main living room, but we were told that slightly more elaborate breakfasts are prepared on weekends (we were weekday visitors). If you like the pace of Ojai, enjoy a TV-free evening, or appreciate a helpful and good-natured staff that is attentive without being overbearing, then the Ojai retreat is an excellent -- and economical -- choice.

Peace on a Hilltop

by TripAdvisor Member Jordanarts

This is not my first stay at the Ojai Retreat but I am just now getting around to writing a review. This wonderful property was recently refurbished and is now close to being Paradise. The walks in their gardens and views of the mountains are exhilarating.

But what I like most about this peaceful getaway is the quietness that pervades every corner. No phones ringing, no TV's blaring and far enough away from any road for auto noise.

Perfect place to sit and meditate, sleep, relax or even write your Hollywood script.

I make it a point to come to Ojai every few months to get away from Los Angeles and I always stay her at this retreat.

Perfect Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member erjwpo9

After many months negotiating life in the daily traffic of Los Angeles, the hill-top fresh breezes and quiet gardens at the Ojai Retreat provided a welcome and refreshing weekend getaway. The two rooms I stayed in were quite different in decor--one elegant with dark wood furniture and ivory fabrics, the other country-like with brown patterned fabrics. Both had a "kitchenette" with microwave and refrigerator, very comfortable beds, and one particularly cozy overstuffed reading chair. All was spotlessly clean, new, and of good quality, and staff were without exception friendly and helpful.

The breakfasts were plentiful, walking trails around the grounds made it easy to take long walks without leaving the premises, views of the surrounding mountains were inspiriing, and two libraries were stocked with spiritual and inspirational books. One walk took me through the Oak Grove, just down the street, where Krishnamurti gave talks in the 30s and in the 80s. I particularly enjoyed the yoga sessions, provided three mornings a week at 11:00 in the Quiet Room.

One of the nicest places I've stayed

by TripAdvisor Member daveb444

Took a stab in the dark and booked a night here for my anniversary. The pictures on the website looked nice - but you can never really tell. I sure was pleasantly surprised when I got there. It was quiet, serene, beautifully landscaped, and had a view of both sides of the valley.

We stayed in the Ojai Suite which, while not huge, was nicely decorated (not your usual hotel decor) and the bedroom had windows on 3 walls looking out on a beautiful view. Not all the rooms have a view (some do), so I'd pony up the extra for this room. But even if you don't - the common living room area (it's more or less a Bed and Breakfast) and "backyard" have the same marvelous view. And each room has its own patio area.

Take the word "retreat" seriously. It's quiet and peaceful - including no TV in the room. I was only there one day, but I came home completely relaxed.

Adored the Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member RukminiCallimachi

I grew up in Ojai, California and came back for a brief visit. I wanted to show the beauty of the valley to my boyfriend. We stayed in a magnificent room --- the valley spread out before us. At dawn, we awoke and could see the sun breaking over the ridges, the tiny wisps of pink light and clouds gathering in the mouth of the valley. I would recommend this place to anyone who prefers beauty to cable TV. There are no TVs in the room --- just the awesome nature in front of you.

Getaway...

by TripAdvisor Member travelfellow

We have stayed at many B&B's over the years but this was the best so far. Recently redecorated, very clean & a quiet air conditioner. The view was lovely. Big confortable bed, big windows with a crank out to let in fresh air. Beautiful and well maintained gardens. The breakfast is continental which was a surprise & should have been noted during the reservation process. B&B's usually have a wonderful breakfast with the owners but very informal here. Cold food...cereal & fruit. The overall atmosphere made up for this however. Check in was easy & friendly. We will visit again.
Karen & Roger