100 The City Dr S, Orange, CA 92868

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Priceline.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Catch Sports Stars and Stay at a Convenient Hotel!

The selling point of this property is its location. It is just steps away from the entertainment/shopping/dining marvel , The Block at Orange. Also, it is not far from Angel Stadium, Arrowhead Pond, Disneyland and Crystal Cathedral.

What's disappointing about this hotel is the plain whitish exterior. It's in need of an exterior makeover. However, the rooms inside are lovely and just perfect for this quality Hilton hotel.

Unique Quality: Stay here for the great views, especially when the air is clear!

So, yes, I wrote above "Catch Sports Stars"
    Here is a preferred hotel of visiting baseball players who come to town to play the Anaheim Angels. One time, I saw very gifted and tall pitcher Randy Johnson nearby. His presence cannot be mistaken and missed!

Directions: Anaheim/Orange , off the 5 fwy, exit City Dr

More about Doubletree' Hotel Anaheim/Orange County

Went the Extra Mile

by TripAdvisor Member meamers

I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Anaheim/Orange County with my husband at a time when the hotel was literally booked up due to conventions that week. Despite this, the front desk managed to get us checked in early (a welcome relief) after getting so little sleep the night before due to travelling. Our room was spotless, and we found adequate parking. The only drawback? Room service took a while to deliver our food! But all in all, I'd definitely stay at this hotel again, and I'd recommend it to all hands down.

Great Hotel, Disneyland to busy

I loved are hotel at the Double Tree near Disneyland. It provided a shuttle for us so we can get to and from Disneyland. Disneyland on the other hand was to busy we couldn't ride to many rides. Also Disneyland doesn't let you bring wagons so we had to dish out $14.00 dollars for two strollers. To me Disneyland is over rated we had fun going to the beach and site seeing more then going there. But overall the trip was fun and would like to do it again.

One great option in the area

I stayed two nights on this Hotel, The staff was friendly and helpful, checking in was very fast and they offer us warm cookies (nice touch).
The room was very clean and seemed to be recently refurbished, very close to the elevators. The beds were great with too many pillows. Bathroom was clean and not to small.
The pool was great, they didn´t have towels and just a simple phone call and they brought a bunch of them, The whirpool was great tough it is not advertise.
The concierge was helpfull about the Shuttle they offer to Disney and Convention Center but never had the chance to use it.
Very convenient location, just off Interstate 5 and right next door to The Block with bunch of restaurants, and shops. Also located next door to a Best Buy, Starbucks and Wendy´s if that is your thing.
I have stayed in this area extensively from cheap Holiday Inns to a bunch of suites and this was by far the beste experience so far.

Loved the beds!!!

by TripAdvisor Member 2Kids4Dogs

We spent five nights at the Doubletree on a visit to Disneyland. We arrived at the hotel very late. (Be aware that there are TWO Chapman exits coming from the north on I-5. Also, there is some major construction going on with the freeway system and detours are common.) The lady at the front desk was welcoming and, upon my request, arranged for a refrigerator to be delivered to our room at no charge. It was delivered to our room immediately. I was very impressed with the quick response of the hotel staff.

Our room was small but adequate. The beds are a dream!! Down comforters and down pillows insured a deep sleep every night. Neutrogena amenities were a nice touch. We tried the swimming pool, but it was very chilly. The jacuzzi was warm and there were plenty of clean towels in the pool area.

The warm chocolate chip cookies you get at check-in are delicious, if you like lots of chopped walnuts. Lucky for me, I love walnuts and my kids don't!

The hotel's location is excellent. It's located near The Block at Orange, a large shopping and restaurant area. It's within an easy walking distance. There is a reliable shuttle that leaves for Disneyland on a regular basis. If you drive, you do have to pay $8 per day for parking.

Great Beds, but Bad Location for Disneyland

by TripAdvisor Member irisheyes_94116

I booked this hotel thru hotwire $70.00 a night, the room was great they have the best beds!!!!. i stayed here with a toddler, we used the shuttle for disneyland they leave on the hour to the park and fifteen minutes after the hour they pick up at the park do not be late they were always on time. The reason i recommend not staying here is disneyland is your main plan stay at a hotel across the street it is much easier then taking the shuttle. Also they charge $8.00 a day for parking $10.00 a day for a fridge in your room, and there is also a charge for a microwave. So keep this in mind if your thinking of staying here.

Really liked the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member olichka5

I really liked staying at the hotel. The staff provided excellent service. One day we were late for the Disneyland shuttle and they took us anyway. Great beds and clean towels. We did not have a chance to try food there but my sister said it was ok. They also have Starbucks, Wendi and Quiznos across the street and mall just two minutes away. Parking is $8.00 and if you order room with two beds you have to pay for the fridge. The lady at the hotel told me that rooms with one king bed include fridge without cost. If you are thinking about staying there call and double check. Overall, I liked the hotel. We had to stay for one day at Holiday Inn nearby and Doubletree was a great change. We also liked the swimming pool and jacuzzi. It is semi-private and when we went there, it was nobody else but us.

Pretty good hotel

The hotel was awesome. The staff was friendly, wasn't too far to Disneyland (if your driving) and it was close to the Block and other malls.

The one draw back is that the pool is only in the sun during the morning hours. We went swimming at about 3:00pm on Saturday and the hotel was between us and the sun. I don't know why they couldn't have picked a better place for the pool as the tennis courts were still in the sun at this point.

But other than that, great hotel.

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member shelly2202

Really liked this place, no problem with late checkout, beds were as comfy as they get and the resteraunt was good value. 5 minute walk to the Block at Orange. Nothing much else waling distance. We stayed the night before we flew home and got the best nights sleep of our whole trip! Warm cookies on arrival too, makes you feel spoilt rotten!

Comfortable, Quiet, Convenient, and Spotless

by TripAdvisor Member brianattaylors

We have stayed at many different hotels in the Disneyland area, and I have to say this has to be the most pleasant stay we have had. The rooms are big, quiet, and comfortable. My children love their chocolate chip cookies. The first time we stayed at this hotel we bought it through Priceline and were extremely pleased to have been able to get such a great place. We used to be big fans of the Hyatt in Garden Grove, but the last time we stayed their we had to deal with the hotel filled with disfunctional Young Miss America Miss Pageant contestants. Dr Phil would of had a field day especially with the parents. (Both were out of control). Now that we have stayed at the Doubletree we will never stay anywhere else as long as this hotel dose'nt make any changes.

Comments