Casa Sirena Marina Resort

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • pamjames's Profile Photo

Casa Sirena's a deal

Stayed overnight in late February, 2007. Simple but decent accommodations, outdoor pool & hot tub, individual balconies and friendly staff. Breakfast was included, but very simple - continental style in their breakfast room. For low fee, easy access to ocean and marina. If you want real luxury, this is not for you. I would recommend this for those of us who want a safe cheap place to stay, with coffee ready in the morning and a bite to eat.

Unique Quality: Very clean, and beautiful view of bay slips (boat docks), boats, mountains in background with palm trees in between. Across the way from a slip that has the Vanguard boat, two daily rides out to whalewatch or visit Channel Islands National Park. Check for whale watching seasons. We saw gray whales, and as we let off passengers at the Channel Islands saw brown pelicans by the scads, though they are endangered. Also, many cormorants. If you don't boat often, you might want to take a motion sickness pill an hour before the trip. They sell them where you buy tickets. I did take one, Although it was calm, the waves were very noticeable. and was having a great time while just a few on our boat were quite ill. It's not a good time to find out you should have. I recommend reservations for the Vanguard. Take a hat and dress warmly! It was a blast!

• freezer61's Profile Photo

dont bother!!

beautiful location...but thats the only positive.
    this whole place needs a few million dollars spending on it..the staff were helpful and friendly enough but that and the location is by no means enough to make up for the state of this place.
    the beds were falling apart as the cheap woodboard bases were rotting, the carpet was threadbare, the plumbing older than america itself and even the wall paper was worn.
    the door to our second floor balcony was hard to close and would'nt lock.
    the tv reception was poor.
    this hotel has a restaurant called the lobster pot...please please please stay away!! food and sevice are awful and the decor makes it look like a 4th rate cafe.
    we got to the mains (fillet steak and lobster thermadore)and refused to eat them...we paid for our beers and left which was difficult as very few people seemed to understand english.
    this place isnt even worth the relatively cheap price!!
    stay away...you have been warned!

Unique Quality: its harbour location.

• freezer61's Profile Photo

Casa Sirena Hotel

beautiful location...but thats the only positive.
    the door to our second floor balcony was hard to close and would'nt lock.
    the tv reception was poor.
    this place isnt even worth the relatively cheap price!!
    stay away...you have been warned!

• keida84's Profile Photo

Where we spent our wedding night

**Note**The Casa Sirena has become rather dilapidated since my last stay in 1993. They really need to update or close their doors. This is not the hotel it used to be

I have stayed at the Casa Sierena on several occasions now but the most memorable one was my wedding night. We were suppose to be staying at the Pierpont Inn in Ventura when a rude clerk gave away our room to someone else. There I stood in the lobby of the Pierpont in my wedding gown without a room for the night. My husband growled at the clerk who in turn referred us to the Casa Sirena.

We had a lovely standard harborfront room (a bit disappointing after the fireplace suite we were suppose to have at the Pierpont) but on short notice the Casa Sirena did everything they could to help out.

We had room service in the morning and enjoyed a late check out time. The Casa Sirena offers a fitness center, although a good long walk along the harbor is a terrific way to get going. They have a pool and tennis courts, a beauty salon and massage center.

Unique Quality: One of the best views the Casa Sirena has is of the Channel Islands Harbor. Every year the harbor hosts a holiday boat parade. The rooms on the harbor side have a wonderful viewing vantage point for this fun event.

Directions: From Victoria Avenue turn right on Harbor Blvd. 1st light is Peninsula Road (fire station is on the corner) turn left. Drive to the end of the street, Casa Sirena is on the right side. Free Parking.

• beaniezotzim's Profile Photo

Not so Serene in my book

I personally have not stayed in this hotel, but my husband and I reserved a block of rooms for our wedding here and we heard plenty of feedback from our guests that I feel quite confident in my review of this accommodation. We were very dissapointed with Casa Serina for a couple of reasons.

1) When reserving a block of rooms, we were quoted a price higher than if you booked on the internet. When we called and asked the hotel if they could give us the same price as the internet price since we did reserve a block of 15+ rooms, they pretty much told us to shove it. (not a DIRECT quote, but you get my point?)
    2) When our guests arrived at the hotel, they were given shoddy rooms, (the hotel was about half way through a renovation.. about 1/2 rooms were completely new the other half... welllll not so much)... leaky faucets, broken toilets, overgrown landscaping that was actually climbing balconies and obstructing space, etc. mind you, our wedding guests payed the premium price and got the outdated rooms.
    We had a couple of wedding guests that actually checked out and stayed at the Embassy Suites that was very close by.

Unique Quality: located right on the marina.

Comments