Best Western Lighthouse Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Best Western Lighthouse Hotel

Pacifica, CA

by Kelly_Deal about Best Western Lighthouse Hotel

This was a nice place to stay and it was inexpenseive. $115.00 a night for an oceanview room. You can't beat that price! The rooms were clean and very spacious. Great view of the waves and the surfers! There was an Italian restaurant onsite, but we didn't eat there. There is a Mexican restaurant next door and a diner right around the corner, but both closed at 8:00 pm. Friendly service at the hotel, free computer to use in the lobby, and FREE parking! I would stay here again. The only con would be no laundry facilities. Great ocean views, inexpensive, free parking, spacious and clean rooms, pool, restaurants nearby, close to SF, and right off of Hwy 1.

Loved the Best Western Lighthouse Pacifica

We stayed here Dec. 26- Jan. 2 2005. Loved it. It was right on the ocean 20 minutes from downtown Fisherman's Wharf and 2 hours from Carmel-don't miss Monterey or Carmel beautiful drive.....Pacifica is a beautiful town with restaurants and the hotels' restaurant is good-- Italian food. We will stay here again for the price and location it is great.....

A Great And Wonderful Romantic Getaway!!! A Trip To Remember!!!!

My husband and I spent my birthday at this hotel and I had a wonderful time. It was my first trip to California from the East Coast. Our room was large and very clean. The staff were very very friendly and made us feel welcomed. We had an ocean front view with the balcony and the crashing was were very romantic.

The restaurant in the hotel was very nice and the food was very good. We had room service on two days once for breakfast and once for dinner. Everything was very good. The eating facilities at across from the hotel were good too.

We did not have a car and had to take public transportation to San Franciso. It was clean and quick, but if we go again I would want to rent a car to be able to get around a little easier.

Also there are quite a few little shops near this hotel to see and the beach was nice too.

I would definitely tell others you can't go wrong in staying here for the price!!

Very Impressed

I arrived at 8 AM and they let me check in early. The rooms are great; I had a suite (Rm 356) that had a view of the waves hitting the beach. The staff is impressively professional, especially for the price range of this hotel. They have pre-printed directions to any and everywhere you could want to go.
I will stay there again next time I go to San Fransico.

Peaceful ocean experience

I have stayed at the hotel on 3 different occasions as I have children in area. Have requested the same room each time. Partial ocean view. Everything has been great each time I have been here. My children have moved but I hope to go back this year just to relax.

Wonderful Ocean View

Very nice to stay on Rockaway Beach. Nice feel. Average hotel, great customer service staff, restaurant just okay. Great price and experience for those just wanting to look out at the ocean.

loved pacifica

We stayed hear for two nights and i loved it we were on the
third floor with a view of the pool and the ocean.Close to san fran
without the hassle of traffic.Dennys down the street with good
food and service.Staff at hotel nice and even got us in our room early.

deceptive advertizing

The Lighthouse Hotel boasts of every room having a balcony. They do, but most are just 22 inches deep. In my opinion that's not a balcony, it's a ledge with a railing. We went for our aniversary so I had hoped to make it a very special event for my wife. She has limited moblity and can't walk on sandy beaches. What she really enjoys is to sit on her balcony and watch the sea. You can't fit a chair on these "balconies". Our "partial ocean view" was over the unattractive roof of the restaurant building. If I had not prepaid I would have gone elsewhere.
The restaurant has an awsome seaview but the hermeticlly sealed windows admit neither the sea smell nor the sound of the surf, which detracts from the experience.

Ten out of Ten!

by TripAdvisor Member PaulTheMajor

After nearly 20 hours in the air or in airports (we came from Ireland via London), a comfortable, clean bed was essential. And we got it in Pacifica! This hotel was the best of 5 we stayed in as we wandered for two weeks from one end of CA to another; three nights spent in the Lighthouse, first, middle and last nights. Very clean, lovely rooms, very pleasant and helpful staff. The restaurant served good food with a fabulous view of the ocean, with surfers and crashing waves.
The views suggested on their web site are not quite as magnificent in reality, and an earlier review criticising the "balcony" is reasonably valid.
The beach is not great, it's quite small, but there are great walks behind the hotel. The hotel is close enough to SF and to the airport (we chose it because it's about 15 minutes drive) and the proximity to southern California along Highway 1 is great.
If you are planning to do what we did - airport, car hire, LIGHTHOUSE hotel on your first day - I suggest you avoid the freeway route if you're going to be tired and driving unfamiliar roads. (As we drive on the left in Ireland, I was driving on the wrong side of road, or so it seemed!) The car hire exit leads directly onto SAN BRUNO AVENUE, follow this to route 35 where you go north (turn right) as far as Sharp Park Road (turn left), downhill to Route 1 then south for less than half mile to Rockaway Beach.
I had booked two nights here before we travelled, the final night was open but it was a no-brainer deciding where to spend our final night.
Excellent. Definitely stay again if anywhere near SF.

Totally Impressed!!!

If you didn't know this was a Best Western, you would think you were in some upscale ritzy hotel that costs twice as much. I can't belive how nice the room was. It's been a couple months since my boyfriend and I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend, but we still bring it up frequently.

The room was huge and so nicely decorated, I still don't believe it. We were definitely not expecting to stay in an enormous suite with ocean views with waves that are literally crashing 20 feet from your sliding glass door. I too, was not so happy about the sliver of a balcony, but everything else completely made up for it. We had low expectations and were utterly blown away. The room service menu is by and large more extensive than any others we have seen, and that includes several 3 & 4 star hotels in the Bay area with highly regarded restaurants. This room service was really good!! Accept for the last morning when they forgot us, that wasn't a good way to end our stay :( But honestly, everything was better than expected and you can not beat the price.

I went in there thinking it would be a somewhat dingy beach motel, and left thinking we have got to make it a point to come back here when our lives inevitably get too stressful to take any longer. This place is so amazing to just relax, we must have hiked all over for several hours. Finally we found a killer spot atop a large hill and sat down, just as we got to witness a red tailed hawk catch it's lunch. Just like Animal Planet! I'm seriously staying here again. Request room 124, I think that's the corner ground floor room we had!

Comments