Lighthouse Lodge And Suites

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• A Rare Gem

I am so glad I decided to stay here. What a memorable trip. The ease of settling in was a load off, and the atmosphere was so welcoming and homey that I didn't want to leave. There truly is something here for everyone. I had a large party, and not one complaint. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, and unlike many of my stays elsewhere, the roomservice was super fast. I know it doesnt seem that important, but hungry kids after a long drive need to eat (and I need a glass of wine!). The next morning, we had a beautiful breakfast in the dining room, free of charge! The food quality was outstanding, and the eggs benedict was phenominal. Needless to say, I will be staying here with each visit I take to the coast.

Unique Quality: The facilities are all easily accesible. The pool area was clean and near the room which was nice. The main dining room featured a beautiful fireplace and reading area, that was quite relaxing and mellow. The landscaping that hosts deer and fawns is great to walk though, its a peaceful and nurturing environment to stay at.

• Romantic Getaway

This property is gorgeous. I stayed on the Suites side, note that there are two options for lodging, the lodge side, a cozy bnb type of accomodation, and the suites, a unique hotel.
    Chef prepared breakfast, wine and hourdorves are included with your stay. Only one block from the ocean and at affordable rates, you really cant go wrong. The property is very charming, and immidiately sets the tone for relaxation.

Unique Quality: Cozy, comfortable, and clean. Really nice, private, no distractions. Great opportunity to zone out and relax. Remote, but close enough to all of the major attractions, fishermans warf, the montery bay aquarium, dennis the menace park, sailing, great restraunts, you name it.

Directions: Pacific Grove, At the end of Lighthouse Ave. Very easy to find.

• My New Home Away From Home

My stay was absolutely fantastic!
    I am returning this weekend as well. Upon entering my room, I was immideately at ease, and settled in comfortably. The beds are great. The service is great.

The stay also included a chef prepared breakfast and afternoon bbq.

I reccommend the Egg's Benedict! Fantastic!

Needless to say, this hotel is my new getaway!

Unique Quality: Beautiful embodiment of northern california. Extremely comfortable, and parking is easily accessible. In most cases, you can park directly in front of your room. (A great plus is you have sleepy kids and mucho luggage!)

Breakfast was fantastic, restraunt quality. I am from LA and the Beverly Hills Hotel breakfast is a fair comparison.

Beautiful scenery, ocean views, lovely grove to look over, and extremely close to local amenities. The property is very quiet, no need to worry about restless teens and echoing walls.

Directions: At the very end of Lighthouse Ave! Can't miss it.

More about Lighthouse Lodge And Suites

Suites are comfy, but...

by TripAdvisor Member 2004_Wahine

We've stayed at the Lighthouse Lodge Suites 3 times. The first time we stayed, we were impressed with the amenities, comfy beds and service. The Suites are large, quiet and comfortable--perfect for a family as the sofa folds out for small children. The location is nice and within walking distance of the beach.

They have cut some corners since the first time we visited 5 years ago... Breakfast is now smaller, for one. And the delightful evening appetizers they used to offer Suites guests leaves a lot to be desired (save for the free wine). This time, they had old, rubbery veggies w/ ranch dressing, greasy chicken wings, and cheese cubes. They never offered what appeared on the appetizer menu in our room. Also, we walked over to the free bbq one evening (for the first time) as we had our 3 year old with us. We had to wait 35 minutes to get a burger as 4 rather large men monopolized the burger tray before we could get to it. Someone working there should have told them what the rest of us learned in Kindergarten--wait your turn! Next time we'll spend our hard-earned dollars somewhere else!

Fabulous!!

by TripAdvisor Member Jennette1

I had already booked two nights at Lighthouse Lodge when I read bad reveiws on this site. I was so expecting a "motel feel" I didn't get it. Okay so the hotel was a bit old. The room was clean and the price was only 150 give me a break we are talking Pacific grove here. I pay that price and get a pathetic motel in the bay area. They had a fabulous breakfast and a bbq in the evening - they even had veggie burgers. The room was a bit dark but was nice. the only thing would be they need to upgrade the matresses and pillows but really I have had worse for more money. The service was great and I am picky. They were pleasant and kind. Really, I think some of the people that gave this place a bad review must have stayed at places in utah for that price. This is Monterey area and you don't get something for nothing. This was a great deal.

Difficult to describe

We booked the Lighthouse for three nights in May of 2005. It was simply a random selection via Travelnow and since we didn't spend much time in the room, some of the problems I see described by others probably went un-noticed. First, be advised that the property (lodge portion) borders a cemetary. Sure the deer wandering by are a nice touch, but if that sort of thing creeps you out, better to stay somewhere else. You walk down (sort of below ground) for the 100 level rooms. I wish we had booked 200 level rooms with the balconies (better view of the cemetary!) The ocean, a nice public golf course and the lighthouse are all within a 15 minute walk and that's good. The lower level rooms are dark and I had to request (twice) for better light bulbs. The gas fire place is a nice touch. The hotel did mess up my reservations (booked through Travelnow) and they made a big deal about that at check-in. It was the hotel's error and I guess I was lucky they were able to accommodate us for the third night, since they only had us booked for two. Advise calling the hotel to verify your reservation. We were pleasantly surprised with the buffet breakfast and the hamburger / hot dog BBQ was good for one dinner. Money saved was spent on the next night on the Wharf. Be sure to check the "Mini-Bar" inventory, since it was wrong at check-in and I never saw anyone verify it. As with all "Mini-Bars" the pop and chips are way over priced (no liquor by the way), and since the refrigerator inventory didn't match the charge slip, I went to the office to confirm that I wouldn't be charged for all the missing items. Beds in the lodge were ok. Two double beds in our room. Like they say on "American Idol" - it was just OK and yet the free chocolate chip cookies would probably bring me back.

Wedding Weekend & Family Reunion (July 2004)

by TripAdvisor Member ThreeSisters

When my internet and phone searches found "the perfect place", I would go to the Monterey area to personally check them out. After checking out at least 35 hotels, we selected the Lighthouse Lodge. It gave our out of town guests the most for the money: large clean rooms, i.e. plenty of space even with a roll away cot (a rare find), bathrobes, a great breakfast selection (hot and cold), refrigerator, evening BBQ by the pool & spa, free parking, quiet setting, and friendly, helpful staff. We had no complaints from our family. We had rooms on both the lodge side and the suites. Because this was a wedding/reunion, it was good to have a quiet, family friendly hotel away from the heavy tourism area of downtown Monterey. It was easy to find and to get to other places. We surfed at the nearby state beach, had a beach luau in Monterey, went to the aquarium, golfed at Ranch Canada, and a had a pizza party at the hotel! We would stay there again. The suites would be great for an aniversary trip. The lodge is good for families.

Had a fabulous time

by TripAdvisor Member dwheatl

We just spent a night at the Lighthouse Lodge, and had a fabulous time. Our room was beautiful, a king room in the lodge. It did look out over the cemetary (which I thought was beautiful and peaceful, but might bother some people). The pool was a nice temperature for swimming, a little cool for just wading, and the hot tub was perfect. The room was an excellent deal through Expedia, or, if you have an Entertainment card, you can get the same rate by calling the hotel. We paid $94 plus tax, and that included breakfast (eggs, toast, bagels, really good oatmeal, fried potatoes, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, bananas, and more) and a barbecue dinner that my husband and I ate poolside (cheeseburger for me, veggie burger for him, potato, pasta, and green salad, home made chili, lemonade, coffee, and fresh-baked cookies. They also had hot dogs and potato chips). Someone else on here commented that there was no bacon or sausage at breakfast, and that is true. About 5 years ago my husband and I stayed in the suites, and the breakfast over there was fancier and included breakfast meats, which I believe it still does, and at night, you have the choice of hot hors d'oeuvres or coming over to the lodge for the BBQ dinner, but the suites were quite a bit more when I made our reservations. Also, we love the pool and hot tub, and if you stay at the suites, you have to walk up the street past the cemetary to get to the pool and spa. When we walked over (wearing our bathing suits with the robes you can use while staying at the suites) we passed a funeral and felt a little underdressed. To the person who commented that you can't keep the robes unless you pay quite a bit, that has always been our experience at hotels that provide robes. I think you would have to pay quite a bit (like $400 or more) to find a hotel that gives you a robe to keep with your room.
Anyway, the food's not fancy at the lodge, but it is plentiful and pretty good, and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful, romantic time, and you can't beat the price.

Great service & location

After reading some of the other reviews we were a little anxious about staying at this motel. Granted this is not a 5 star motel, but the staff and location is.
We ended up staying an extra day, but due to an upcoming golf event our room was booked.The desk clerk found us an unbooked room (suite) and had us in it in less than 15 min. No the staff will not follow you around telling you how great you are, but they will go out of their way to make you feel great.
If you are going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium you can get your tickets at the motel and not have to wait in line at the aquarium. Your tickets will be good for two days, and cost less than a one day ticket purchased at the aquarium.
You also get breakfast and an afternoon BBQ with the cost of your room, this left us only lunch to buy and on the days you go to the aquarium you are given free box lunch's. A sandwich (your choice) drink, chips, apple & cookies.
For a family saving the cost of two meals a day was a great prek.
Some of the rooms do back up to a graveyard. Hey you wanted peace and quiet right? Honestly the graveyard is beautiful and well maintained, it looks nothing like one out of a Hitchcock film. Room service and housekeeping were both great. The employees seemed very happy to serve and no phony smiles or attitudes. Well if you have read this far you are probably sure I work for the Lodge or will soon. Neither is true, I am a Firefighter and a rancher. I work hard for my money and think the Lighthouse Lodge is a great value. If you dicide to stay there I hope your visit is has relaxing has mine was. Steve

Our Favorite Family Place To Stay!

Our family loves this place! We have been coming here for 4 years now and this last visit was our best! The place has new beds and that was just the frosting on the cake. We have always gotten a junior suite in the suite section of the place. It is quiet, close to the ocean (we always walk down to the tide pools with the kids for the afternoon), the staff is very attentive and cheerful, the wine reception is always nicely done, breakfast is always perfect... I can't gush about this place enough. We travelled with two other families this trip and they also couldn't believe what a little find this place is. When I read the other reviews that weren't so kind, I knew that I needed to write how we feel about this place. This is a marvelous place. I'm sure that if you give it a try, it will also become your families' favorite place in the Monterey Bay area!

Comments