4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Travelocity Booking.com JWMarriott.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

crazy americans

You are schocked just from the beginning in the entrance of the hotel Pink pelicans welcome you .Palm desert is the paradise of golfers.The lobby is unique with the parrots and exotic birds everywhere included monkeys .There is also a boat dock ( yes) in the lobby which some boats serve to transfer you to some suites . Hummingbird is the symbol of the hotel and you can see some of them in the morning.Something unforgettable

Unique Quality: waterways and boat riding for some rooms and restaurants ...super golf areas

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Beautiful grounds...

Great time. The grounds were just beautiful. The "coffee shop" was a short .5 mile walk from our suite

Unique Quality: If you golf, the course looks wonderful. For kids, there's "umteen" swimming pools. Great breakfast/lunch grill at one pool with fantastic Mexican dishes.

Note below the price....I was on a prefered Marriott "vacation" as a Platinum member so my price was significantly lower than the norm. The units are intended to be 'Timeshare' types within the Marriott "world." If you travel to one destination only on most vacations, then this might be good.

Directions: Exit hyw 10 on Cook Street. Right off the exit for about 5 miles; right on Country Club Drive and the Marriott is on the left.

• Robachu1's Profile Photo

A Desert Oasis

We stayed at the JW Desert Springs Marriott for only two nights. The size of the resort is quite impressive and for being located in the desert there was sure a lot of water, both inside and outside the hotel. The grounds are beautiful. Our room had a great view of the pool, golf course, and the surrounding mountains. All in all a fine resort especially considering the price.

Unique Quality: The lobby is unique with a boat dock virtually in the center. The open atmoshere is very relaxed with people enjoying Starbucks in the morning and the bar in the evenings.
    The resort grounds are also the home to several birds from flamingos to swans. We even had a visit from a hummingbird early in the morning.

• 2romance2love's Profile Photo

Easy and Elegant

Coming into the lobby takes your breath away if you like comfort and elegance combined. With live exotic birds, cascading green plants and the babbling water fall! Enter this resorts lobby in the evening and a live performance on the Grand piano will put you into vacation mode immediately.
    Hopitality was right on the money.
    This resort has a wonderful Spa, which I visited twice a day for 4 days, nightclub and resturants are fun and the staff was great.
    With a unique little boat ride to Tuscany's Italian resturant on the property, it was fun to be on this property. Tennis and Golf also very nice.
    The Pools are clean and enjoyable, if you like a private cabana it is available.

Unique Quality: The majestic Santa Rosa mountains and spectacular desert landscape for starters.
    Spectacular 400 acre resort featuring a European style spa, (2) 18-hole championship golf courses, a lawn & tennis club, 13 specialty restaurants, high-energy nightclub, sparkling pools, shopping & more. I stayed in the Luxury suite and felt like a princess-to-be.

Directions: use mapquest.com

More about Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa

Amazing and truly relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member onedude

My partner and I checked into the JW Marriott Desert Springs for 3 nights 7-10 September 04. It was our first time to the resort, but our 2nd visit to the Desert Cities community.

We drove out from LA after stopping in Ontario. On arrival, the grounds and the sheer size of this property are quite overwhelming. We chose to self-park in the garage and walk over to check-in, as we had arrived at 1pm which was 3 hours ahead of the suggested 4pm check-in. Whilst it was hot (about 112F), it was dry and pleasant.

Entering the lobby we were greeted by the sound of crashing waterfalls and fresh greenery of plants and tropical birdlife. A true oasis! Staff were attentive and pleasant, and we were immediately acknowledged and greeted by a check in clerk. He was from Ireland, very funny but respectful, and gave us an upgraded room overlooking the lake and 3 of the 4 lagoon type pools. Check-in was completed in about 3 minutes, however we were not left wanting or needing anything else.

After retrieving our luggage and taking the elevator to our floor, we came to our room and entered. Wow, just fantastic. The bathroom was huge, seperate shower and tub, double vanity and marble/glass throughout. The hanging space was great, and we appreciated the complinmentary in room safe. The bed was the typical comfortable Marriott King Bed, with a great sofa bed if needed, amoir and desk. Out to the balcony and an amazing view with two chairs and a table. We spent all our afternoons on the balcony watching the world go by.

The resort has 3 lagoon type pools out between the lake and the golf course, and there are two hot tubs here. I was really surprised but pleased, as I could not find any information on the hot tubs at the resort except in the spa area which is extra. Back behind our wing, there was an oasis pool and hot tub which was quieter, more pleasant and relaxed. We spent our entire pool time here, with movie classics playing gracefully from the speakers to enhance the mood.

We only grabbed breakfast from Starbucks in the lobby, so cannot comment on the restaurants. However, you can actually take a boat ride from the lobby to several dining options in the evening which looked very pleasant! Having the car, we chose to eat in Palm Springs on several occasions which is an easy 20 minute drive away.

Staff, excellent. Accommodations, excellent, Facilities, excellent. I would highly recommend the JW Marriott Desert Springs to any guest and we will definitely return again.

fab time in the lovely Marriot resort hotel

We have just come back from a great trip to Palm Desert the rooms where good and the beds very comfortable.We liked the split shower/bath.
Breakfeast was well worth the money and the service was first class.We also had a meal in there Italian restaurant and it was great and not to badley priced for the service and quality.
We sat by the family pool as the main area was quite noisy music and lots of people drinking and smoking but the family area was very quite and comfortable if you got there early for padded sun bed.I can't wait to go back it's a great place to rest.it was a holiday weekend and they were sold out to be fare

A Perfect Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member hoonsgal

My husband and I went to the JW Marriott for some rest and relaxation over the weekend of October 15th. It was absolutely one of the best weekend getaways we have ever had.

To start out with, the resort itself is breathtaking. It is very well kept-up and maintained.

The front desk checked us in promptly and although it did not appear to be available at the time of reservation, I was happy to be able to obtain a non-smoking, king bed room.

The room was very, very nice too. It was nicely sized, spotless, and very tastefully decorated. We had an amazing lake/pool/mountain view that was so beautiful to wake up to in the morning. The bathroom was also very nice, it had a separate shower/bath and was nice and large. The bed was very comfy and all around I was extremely pleased with the room. Soft cotton robes are provided and the tolietries were nice as well.

The resort had much to offer. We used the gym on both days, which was very nice. We both had spa treatments (a facial for me, a massage for my husband) and enjoyed them both. We ate at the restaurants, which were very good. Maybe a little over priced, but not too bad. The pool was a little crowded, but we were able to find lounge chairs relatively easily and get towels.

The service was all around excellent too. I was especially impressed that I made some modifications to our room service order and it arrived perfectly.

Basically, it was just what we were looking for and didn't leave the property the entire time.

Surface without substance

by TripAdvisor Member Nik7304

I stayed at the Marriott Desert Springs Spa and Resort recently, and while it's certainly an impressive hotel, I didn't find it to be too good value for money.

The room I had was spacious, neat, tidy, but not any more spectacular than anything I've stayed in for a lot less. Because of the size of the hotel, I found that my room some times hadn't been made up even at 3 in the afternoon.

Also, at the price, there is no breakfast included, which smaller hotels can somehow manage for a lot less. Here, the breakfast buffet in one of the restaurants is almost $20 per person. Dinner in one of them is definitely not for people on a budget.

The facilities are very good, albeit very crowded. In the afternoon, finding a space by the pool was near impossible. Relaxing by the pool was made quite impossible by a two-man band doing hits from the 70's in their own, inimitable, style...

Overall, I didn't find the hotel very welcoming, especially with dress codes. It's obviously a place for people with money to spend, Angelinos looking for a break, golfers or for people who want to party at the pool by day and at the nightclub later.

Worth every dollar!

by TripAdvisor Member pradancer

I stay here at least 3 times per year. 1st class property for 1st class people. Do you like life! The lobby is full of it! Piano playing, professional singers, old couples dancing, exotic birds flying, Starbucks and more. Waterfalls everywhere. I will be going for Thanksgiving. The rooms, beds and service are excellent. The showers are separate from the bath and are designed in Gold. The pool gets very crowded on the 4th of july, so crowded, that this year, the Sheriff's department was present for crowd control and you had to show an ID bracelt to get near the pool area! The pool gets so crowded it is impossible to swim.

Not as good I we expected

My husband and I checked into the Marriott expecting a fabulous weekend. Unfortunately, although we paid for an upgraded room, we were put in a standard room. When we called the front desk for a room change, it took 30 minutes for someone to come and give us a key for our upgraded room. Our room was very nice and had a view of the pool, golf course, etc.. But then we went to the hot tub that evening and it was totally overcrowded with people: families, couples, etc.. Too many people in general. Not very relaxing. We had made a dinner reservation for that night and when we went to dinner, we had to wait an hour for our entrees! The server was clueless and not very apologetic. I don't think we'll go back there because the hotel was not worth the money. There are lots of other nice places to stay.

Comments