227 N. Indian Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, California, 92262, United States
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Andreas Hotel & Spa

Rent a Townhouse for Long Stays In Palm Springs

by deecat about Palm Springs' Town House

For three months in Palm Springs, we rented a townhouse. It had two bedrooms and two baths, a large living room, small dining room, small kitchen, two patios, two parking spaces.

The bedrooms were quite large and furnished beautifully. Because we were there for three months, we had cable put in so we could watch WGN Chicago and watch the nine o'clock news each night to keep up with what was going on back home in Chicago!

The location of the townhouse was excellent. We could walk to the library, two different grocery stores, and shopping centers. We could walk to downtown Palm Springs, but it was quite a hike. Right outside was a dramatic view of the mountains. I used the outdoor pool each day, which was quiet and never crowded. They also had a hot tub, but I did not use it. The grounds of this small development were kept immactulate and was landscaped very nicely.

All in all, it was an excellent place for us to stay for the three months in Palm Springs.

If you take the number of days we were there and divided it by the price we paid, it came out to about $25.00 per day. Now, you can't beat that!

If you enjoy shopping, the...

by ChrisNPS

If you enjoy shopping, the shopping scene is more 'upscale' (for the most part) in Palm Desert, than it is in Palm Springs. Palm Springs is more 'touristy' stuff, but does also have some nice art galleries, and unique shops.

Total Bliss!

by TripAdvisor Member choc99

Spent five nights at the Springs last week and had a wonderful time. The location of this small hotel cannot be beat - right in the heart of Palm Springs and within walking distance of many amazing restaurants! The Thursday night street fair was literally right outside our door. That being said we found the hotel extremely quiet day and night. We had a first floor room facing the courtyard pool so I cannot comment upon those on the second level. I managed to check out a number of the rooms while there and they were all lovely. Lots of space, wonderful bathrooms with enormous jacuzzi tubs, separate showers, gas fire places, fridge, microwave etc. The courtyard pool was absolutely beautiful - warm water, surrounded by flowers and frequented by many tiny green hummingbirds! The continental breakfast was basic but fresh - bagels, muffins, danish, boiled eggs, cereal (hot and cold), yogurt, fruit, cereal bars, fruit juices, tea, coffee, cocoa. Staff were helpful and friendly at all times. We felt totally rejuvenated after our five days there. They also gave us late checkout the day of departure as our room was not booked and we had an evening trip home. The property itself is as it appears on their web site - wonderful architecture, lovely details, lush, and quaint. I cannot wait to stay here again!

Great Location. Fawlty Towers Vibe.

by TripAdvisor Member filmclip

The building is very pretty and the pool area is super nice. We had an outdoor seating area with a gas fireplace that was very handsome. Our suite was really awkwardly configured with an enormous bathroom but we could not get in or out of the room when the sofa bed was open. Go figure. Cheap towels and linens including those poly blankets which are about as inviting as a trash bag, which is what we were given, after waiting at the desk for ten minutes, to transport wet bathing suits home in.

Again, it's a handsome building but everything is so obviously done in the cheapest way possible. The breakfast table lacked only a sign that said "If you can think of a way we can expend less effort and/or money throwing this continental breakfast your way, please let us know." Farmer Brother’s coffee and please, does anyone still use Sweet ‘n Lo and those coffee whiteners in the little plastic cups that inevitably spatter all over everything?

Some of the staffers were grouchy and some were nice enough. No one was able to get me on-line except for in a small spot in the breakfast area with creepy muzak, which meant my fantasy of hanging out by the pool while my children frolicked or being able to work in the room in my nightie was dashed. I was given some modem cables but couldn’t get a fast enough connection. Wi Fi was offered on their website and it seems to me that it should serve an area of the hotel larger than a phone booth.

No one seemed particularly concerned and made me feel like I was being totally fussy when I tried to right the problem. It was concerning and enormously inconvenient to me (and folks I had assured I’d be in contact with) to the extent that unless there’s a change of management and a number of upgrades, I wouldn’t return despite, this being to my mind, one of the best locations in the springs.
Others complained about the noise but this wasn’t a problem in our second floor room. I had a massage at the spa next door. It was reasonable, and while sort of a middle of the road spa, service was fine.

Had a wonderful getaway

by TripAdvisor Member jabero

We just stayed this past weekend and had an amazing experience. We booked their two bedroom deluxe rooms with two bathrooms. The resort has a very cozy feeling. The staff is very friendly and responsive. The manager was very prompt and informative when we were booking our getaway. It was a spacious room and we took full advantage of the jacuzzi tubs. The resort is located in the heart of Downtown Palm Springs. Everything is walking distance. We had lunch at Azul (the food was delicious) and dinner at Las Casuelas (enjoyed their margeritas). We also booked a few spa treatments. My swedish massage was one of the best I have had in a long time. Also I had a wonderful facial that was so worth it. I would definitely recommend this place for someone looking for relaxing time.

Beware Of Fraud And Rude Management

by TripAdvisor Member sprialdancer517

This hotel is supposed to be a boutique hotel. Motel 6 has friendlier staff and wont tell you off. Spent 6 weeks at this hotel and was routinely told off by management when we complained about the noise on weekends, and overbilling our cc after forging the documents we signed for a room rate. Stay at Zoso. For the money you get cable, a nice tv a room bigger than a closet and polite staff. Good luck getting internet connection and no assistance from the manager.Night staff very nice however.

Charming hidden oasis!

by TripAdvisor Member ari105

We stayed here in January, and I loved this place so much I wanted to write a review!

We had a bumpy start to our weekend getaway to Palm Springs (we live in Los Angeles), and this hotel was the 3rd hotel we checked into in 24 hours! The first hotel we had an issue with the wrong size bed being given, the 2nd hotel looked like something out of Beverly Hills Cop (too eighties looking). This one was just right!

The rooms are LARGE and newly redone. They have cute fake fireplaces that emit heat (via electricity). Lighting in the room is not great for writing or computer work, but it does give it more of a romantic vibe (probably what I should have been doing anyways!).

The bathroom is even LARGER, and the tub can fit like 5 people! Perfect for my oversized, 6'4, 300 pound husband (I still love the big lug though!).

The only con I would say is where our particular room was located. Upon entering, I realized that our room overlooked the main drag. I thought "How cute!", until I realized later on at 3am that drunks staggering out of nightclubs are not. So I would suggest a room that does not face the main strip.

Some other charming features I liked: there is a nice pool and jacuzzi area that seemed to be open at all hours (we stayed in the jacuzzi till at least 12:30am!). There is a 2 sided fireplace on the outside, upstairs patio that is nice for talking (however, probably not nice if you have one of the rooms that face this). And the hotel has a spa that does great massages in an awesome spa room (check out the one with the GINORMOUS tub and fireplace!).

The continental breakfast was great, and they had hardboiled eggs. Probably not a big deal for most, but for me, I enjoyed the protein option instead of the usual carb and fruit options.

All in all, we will definitely be returning here for another getaway soon!

PALM SPRINGS

by Amazonka

"Palm Springs"

Spring vacation - great place to go, but it's a bit some hotels are quite expensive. It is a good idea to drive to Palm Springs from Los Angeles by car. The drive through the desert is unforgetable.

Spring vacation - great place to go

Nice but what else?

by freshmaker

I went out to Palm Springs for a big concert called the Coachella Festival. It was a good show, Jane's Addiction reunited to headline the event and all I can say is wow (little did I know they would then tour the nation, but I am glad I flew 2000 miles to catch it anyway). I don't know which was better, their sound or their showmanship, it was easily the best orchestrated show I have seen. The venue was good but too many stages led to too many good acts playing simultaneously. Ok, well this isn't a concert review, on to a bit about Palm Springs.

Palm Springs is a quaint little oasis in the middle of the desert. It is an artificial place, with retirement/vacation condos everywhere and gift shops and cafes dominating the landscape. It isn't garrish or repulsive, in fact I liked it there, but it suffers from the commercial pressures all resort towns feel. I was only there for 2 days, and one of them I was at the concert, so perhaps I am not well qualified to judge. That said, I would not really recommend going there unless you have a reason (a friend lives there, a particular spa you want to go to, an event to attend). It has a relaxing, sleepy feel to it, your time there will not be painful, but I see no reason to make a special trip out there.

San Jacinto State Park

by jpud99930

"Staging Point"

Parking lot to take the cablecar up to the San Jacinto State Park lookout. This is a must do when in Palm Springs.We went in Feb and it was nice below and snow on top. But still warm enough for no sweater or jacket.
Make sure you have good brakes and transmission.That's all I can smell in the parking lot.

"View"

View from the pavillion on top. Has great lookouts and amenities.

"Group"

Here we are on one of the hiking trails. Lots of places to have picnics and family time. Lots of kids brought their snow sliders for racing down the hills.

"Palm springs"

Palm Springs spreads out in the valley.View from the observation deck.

"On Top"

This is looking up from Palm Springs to the San Jacinto State Park.

View from the hotel roomView from the hotel room

Star Spangled FinaleStar Spangled Finale

Palm Springs Weekly Street FestivalPalm Springs Weekly Street Festival

Bonding with the largest wild cat on the planet!Bonding with the largest wild cat on the planet!

Palm Springs Vacation Rentals 2005/6

by paptai

Just wondering if anyone has any leads or contacts on a winter rental for a 1 bedroom unit anywhere in the palm springs area for winter 2005/6. We want to come down from Canada for about 3 months and need a small one bedroom unit anywhere in Palm Springs area. Dont want to pay more than 1200.00 a month or less. Is this possible? Any assistance would be appreciated.
thankyou.

Ted papenfus

Re: Re: Palm Springs Vacation Rentals 2005/6

by paptai

Thanks so much for your input Roxanne. We have not been down to Palm Springs for 3 years and I know rentals down there have gone up in price; so I will check out the sites you gave me and see what we can find.
Thanks again and enjoy the sunshine and blue sky!!

TED