Casa Ocotillo

240 East Ocotillo Avenue, Palm Springs, California, 92264, United States

More about Casa Ocotillo

Nice But Average

by TripAdvisor Member MarineNavy

My boyfriend and I were somewhat disappointed in our choice of the Casa Ocotillo for a weekend stay in Palm Springs. I guess it was my fault that I didn’t realize that the property is really a small B&B rather than a gay resort we were use to. The rooms are very homey but nice and the owners due try to make the guests feel at home. The location is in a residential area and a car is a must if you want to go into downtown Palm Springs. The pool area was OK but rather ordinary compared to other resorts in the area. The other reviewers’ praises are understandable since the owners have made a pleasant environment for their guests, however, everything else about Casa Ocotillo is just average.

Simply superb!

by TripAdvisor Member NomadTucson

Secluded, yet with easy access to downtown Palm Springs, this gorgeous bed-and-breakfast is a great place to kick back and relax. You can enjoy camaraderie with other guests by the pool or wander off for some quiet time alone in a shady nook. Hosts Brian and Vic will have you feeling right at home in five minutes. No matter what your taste they can steer you toward the best local restaurants, as well as recommend plenty of fun things to do in the area. Attention to detail truly makes Casa Octotillo a diamond in the desert!

Always love Casa Ocotillo!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member octrav

We have stayed at Casa Ocotillo at least three times and have absolutely loved the it each time!! The photos on the website speak for themselves, and the atmosphere is very casual. We don't always plan far in advance; sometimes we just want to get away for a quick weekend, and Vic and Brian are always very willing to accomodate us. It is so easy to just call them up, hop in the car, and be in the pool in a matter of hours; they make it so easy to travel, even with a hyperactive boxer! (The dog, by the way, is a HUGE fan of Casa Ocotillo, too!! She has found a friend in their dog, and Vic and Brian are always so sweet to her.) This is really a great place to stay in Palm Springs!

The Height of Friendly Luxury and Style

by TripAdvisor Member RGW1965

I recently stayed for three nights at Casa Ocotillo and I was truly amazed by the beauty, comfort and hospitality of this six room iproperty. I have stayed in many gay inns and hotels in Palm Springs and Casa Ocotillo is clearly the new reigning champion of five star luxury. I believe that this will be the new benchmark for gay resorts.

Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood off of Palm Canyon Drive the first thing you notice is that the grounds are lush and incredibly landscaped. Casa Ocotillo looks like a privatte movie star compound. Its a 1934 Mexican Hacienda and when you walk in you could imagine you are back in the glory movie star days of Palm Springs.

When you first ring the bell you will be warmly greeted by one of the owners, Brian or Vic. However the real welcome greeting is from their adorable Airdale, Ashley Wilkes.

One of the many special features of this property is the gated off-street parking. Once you check in you will be given your own remote to enter and exit.

I stayed in a single room with a king bed which was beautifully furnished. The designer beddings and towels are top-flight.

The star of the room however is the oversized shower. I am 6'5" and I could actually stand up straight under the shower head. No corners were cut in the bathrooms, and there is an incredible attention to detail.

The pool area is surrounded by lush gardens which are meticulously handled by Brian. You can float in the pool and look at the incredible San Jacinto mountains while humming birds hover nearby. The pool furniture is high end with extremely comfortable padded lounge chairs.

One of my favorite features of this property was the kitchen. Instead of taking up space in your room with a refrigerator and microwave, you have 24/7 access to a fully stocked kitchen. Open up the large doudle sided fridge and you have your choice of water, juice and sodas. A plentiful and varied assortment of fruit, bagels, muffins and yogurt are avaialble at anytime.

What truly sets Casa Ocotillo apart from the others are the hosts. . Brian and Vic are not only on top of every detail they are very gracious and friendly. When you leave you will have the feeling you have made two new friends--and you have.

NOT 5 Stars

by TripAdvisor Member LAConcert

My friend I stayed at Casa Ocotillo a few weeks ago and were very disappointed in the level of luxury. Our villa(?) was a very nice apartment but by no means would I describe it as luxurious. I relied on previous postings to TripAdvisor when making my decision to book. I should have been more careful in how I interpreted the comments. In fact, I am surprised to see so many reviews for such a small property in such a small period of time(?) There were few guests when we were there although I am sure the reason was the hot Palm Springs summer weather. The owners were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and very acceptable, but the experience of a luxurious resort is missing. Unfortunately, we found too late that there are truly luxurious alternatives available and will book one of them when we visit Palm Springs again.

A vacation home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member pbozarth

I was very lucky to have discovered Casa Ocotillo last February during a last minute trip to Palm Springs. I had called several other resorts that day in search of room availability and was disappointed time and time again by high price rates for low quality rooms. However, my luck soon changed once I was able to reserve a very reasonably priced room at Casa Ocotillo. To the great surprise of both me and my travel companion, Casa Ocotillo was amazing! There are large cozy, private rooms, secured parking, beautifully landscaped grounds, a relaxing pool and hot tub, and even bicycles for guests to use! Also, unlike most other resorts, Casa Ocotillo is pet friendly; a rare find for dog lovers! In addition to these fine amenities, the hospitality of the owners, Brian and Vic, is outstanding! The guys are so friendly to all - and they even give great recommendations for fine dining and entertainment in the area. We were so impressed with Casa Ocotillo, that my friend and I reserved all rooms for his birthday party a few months later, and invited several close friends to enjoy the celebration in the best private resort that Palm Springs has to offer.

Wonderful place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member scbg

My partner and I visited Palm Springs to be married and wanted a nice place to relax and enjoy the area. What we found were Brian and Vic who welcomed us into Casa Ocotillo as if we were family. The suite was magnificent, with no luxury left out. It was not hard to tell that both Brian and Vic spent a great deal of time putting the suite together. We had the opportunity to spend an afternoon with Brian and Vic and found them to be genuine people who really cared for people. They did everything possible to make our stay first class. My now husband and I have decided to return to Casa Ocotillo every year on our anniversary. It is not very often you fine people like Brian and Vic or a place like Casa Ocotillo, we certainly are glad we found them.

no shoes, no clothes, no problems

by TripAdvisor Member HTParizona

Brian & Vic are what I would consider good friends for life, I met them unexpectantly the first time I stayed at the Ocotillo; I met the man of my dreams who was staying at the Ocotillo, the next morning i awoke to a beautiful resort! very quaint, quit, and relaxing. The best part is we can take our "child" Nikki our 17 year old dog, and know she will be very well taken care of. The Hospitality is very warm, I feel like I known Brian all my life, Vic was out of town while I stayed. They welcome you to there home, and that is what it is, We have stayed there twice, and will be celebrating our anniversery there in a couple of weeks, cant wait:)

Life is not complete without a visit to Casa Ocotillo

by TripAdvisor Member sbeau24

A warm freindly welcome from the owners followed by a much needed dip in the inviting pool. This was my introduction to what must be The Best Gay hotel in Palm Springs.
Each room is (and I saw several!) well appointed to the point where luxury does not even start to describe the accomodation. Couple this with the freedom to choose between clothed or not, the care that both Brian and Vic apply to each guest and its location all adds up to a fantastic base from which to explore Palm Springs. Highly recommended.

Wonderful Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member gavanleet

My partner & I just got back from staying at Casa Ocotillo for 3 nights. The place was wonderful. Vic & Brian were the best hosts, attending to every detail of our stay. The room was beautifully appointed with high end furnishings. It was large and spotless with a private patio for enjoying intimate breakfasts. The bed was so comfortable! The property was beautiful and very private. The pool and hot tub were first rate and they even let us use their bikes for a ride about town. They also know the best places in town to eat & have a drink! I highly recommend this place.
Glenn