Colony Palms Hotel

572 North Indian Cyn., (formerly the Palms), Palm Springs, California, 92262, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Colony Palms Hotel

Loved the Colony Palms!

by TripAdvisor Member cloud24

I just stayed a night in the Colony Palms with my boyfriend and we loved it. We had a regular room, which was more than ample in size. We loved the full bar and flat screen TV that played music. The front desk staff were extremely helpful when we arrived and the valet attendents told us how to get to our restaurant for dinner and avoid the traffic of the street fair. The hotel is a little further away from downtown than the others, but I think it's worth it. We can't wait to return in the spring and lay out by the pool!

Exceeded our expectations

by TripAdvisor Member ARFSFBayArea

My family decided to visit the Colony Palms Hotel for a little pre-Christmas weekend. We're in the middle of our two night stay and I had to jump on-line to write this review.

The property has been recently renovated and they've done an outstanding job of staying true to the hotel's history. We're spread out in three rooms and each is unique depending on it's placement within the hotel.

Amenities are great. Fine linens on the king sized beds, a full sized bar of soap for the shower, rich amenities throughout the bathroom, a well appointed bar, flat screen tvs, my room has a claw footed tub!

The staff is friendly and eager to please. The hotel offers a complimentary coffee service in the morning complete with full copies of the LA and NY Times. The restaurant is truly outstanding. We were lucky to be here to enjoy Sunday brunch complete with a live jazz band.

If you're coming to Palm Springs, reserve a room at the Colony Palms. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Enjoyed our Stay

by TripAdvisor Member JandMLosAngeles

The Colony Palms hotel had been recommended to us due to their dog-friendliness which was important as we planned our New Years get-away with our dog. Many of our friends decided to join us and the hotel was able to accomodate the various needs from wanting an in-room fireplace to a private outdoor jacuzzi. The hotel is very accomodating from dog-friendly, family friendly, gay-friendly, trendy-friendly. Their recent renovation of an older classic Palm Springs hotel was very well done with nice landscaping, pool area and comfortable rooms (great beds)! They have a very good restaurant, The Purple Palm, on site which is both a curse and a blessing. Blessing because the food is good, but a curse because its' popularity at times overwhelms the staff, the restaurant and the hotel. The place attempts to be a high-end boutique hotel but struggles to bring it all together with coordinated efforts between hotel and restuarant. Kudos to the Hotel Manager, Tim, for trying but until the food services side can meet the guest's food & beverage needs, there will continue to be dissatisfied guests. Just getting coffee service each morning was a challenge (e.g. ran out of cups, ran out of cream, ran out of coffe). Any of the problems with the hotel should be relatively easy fixes and we would certainly consider staying there again. They have the makings for a great comfortable boutique hotel in a great location in PS.

Flowers Abound!

by TripAdvisor Member lisar3064

Since it was a first impression issue, I'll start with my only negative. If I hadn't seen the valet in front, I would have driven right past the hotel. From the street, it looks unfinished, almost motel like. It seems odd that a hotel of this caliber would leave the front of the hotel as the last thing to finish. It's unlandscaped and just doesn't match the rest of the property.

Now that that is out of the way, this is in my top 5 hotels I've ever stayed in. My second first impression came when I walked into the lobby to a warm greeting and the sight and smell of a huge vase of Casablanca Lily's (my favorite!!)

I chose a Casita in the more private area of the property. The bedding was heavenly, the amenities well appointed and the mini-bar expertly chosen. Care was taken in all the choices of the hotel. While you have a flat screen TV on the wall, it's not the focus of the room. Rather than carpet, there is what looked to be authentic Spanish tile. Instead of modern, they chose classic - even ecclectic such as the headboards which I've never seen anything like. Draping over the wall of my private patio was a bush of magnificant yellow flowers. We left our sliding doors open all day and enjoyed the fresh air and complete privacy. The ourdoor tub was greatly enjoyed (by both of us.)

The pool area is as relaxing as any one I've ever enjoyed. Complimentry poolside coffee in the morning with French music playing all across the property and again, purple flowers everywhere you look.

Their restaurant seemed European inspired. It was dark but friendly. The food was complicated but incredibly unique. I enjoyed the best Sea Bass I've ever tasted!!

This hotel will have a very successful future.

30's style, '07 luxury and service

by TripAdvisor Member mrlucas06

Fantastic accommodations, service, and food; not just another cookie-cutter upscale hotel. This one-of-a-kind boutique hotel succeeds in evoking historical images of luxury and ambience from 1930's Palm Springs while providing the five-star luxury, amenities and service we expect in 2007. This hotel is still getting its legs and finding its niche after recently completing a total reconstruction and upgrade, but every aspect of our stay was top grade and flawless. Our room, and particularly the bathroom, was spacious--shower was 6-foot by 10-foot. Hotel staff told us this kind of spaciousness was characteristic of all the rooms, as was the design theme created by a big-name interior designer. Some rooms are called "casitas" because they have small and private outdoor enclosed patios. The pool and surrounding gardens are very inviting and beautiful. We are not lay-by-the-pool people, but we spent several hours doing so on a Sunday listening to the live jazz band playing for Sunday brunch in the indoor/outdoor restaurant. My guess is that this will soon become a hard-to-book hotel as word spreads.

Cozy! but pricey (leave kids home)

by TripAdvisor Member Iceblue_7

My experience at this hotel was very average. I think they over charge, to pricey for what it is.The parking was Convenient . The pool grounds are beautiful and quiet. Cool music video on the Tv.

I stayed on the bottom floor and the room was small and not kid safe at all my kids were able to open the door and get out this was a Constant struggle.
I can here the next room showering.
Lots of Liquor in the room but no coffee. No cribs. This place is for the rich single party animal.

Nice boutique hotel; good location

by TripAdvisor Member pronto1024

This is a nice boutique hotel. It looks like a former motel that has been completely renovated with high end rooms (luxury bedding, robes in bathroom, iPod hookup, etc.), nice surroundings (landscaped gardens, pool, hot tub), a high end restaurant on premises, valet parking, etc. It's not really a high end full service hotel, but a smaller boutique hotel with a nice, cool vibe. It does have room service and valet parking, though. The staff is very nice and professional. Great place for couples, probably not ideal for families due to its quieter adult's feel (though we brought our 2 year old and had a nice time; the hotel provided a crib at no extra charge). The hotel is also in a great location, just a couple of blocks from the center of downtown Palm Springs. Not sure what the $18 "resort fee" was on our bill, though.

Chic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Jo1964London

Chic, boutique-style hotel, ideally located in downtown Palm Springs. It was recommended to us by a friend and I would recommend it to other friends myself.

Beautiful poolside area, helpful staff and a very fancy restaurant.

We saw hummingbirds everyday on our patio area!

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Mugsydogg

Great older style Palm Springs hotel, updated very classy with imamculate grounds. The staff was incredible here. Thats what really stood out for me. They were friendly and accomadating to all of my requests. I booked a Casita room which was fantastic. The private patio was huge, and room itself large enough. The Glass enclosed shower was one of the biggest Ive been in. The Casita rooms are very private, but the rest of the property looked just as secluded/quiet. I would definatly stay here again.

Charm and more charm !!!

by TripAdvisor Member mymayberryUSA

This hotel is absolutely full of charm and grace. Excellent service, comfortable rooms and the most peaceful ambiance of any hotel i've been to - and CERTAINLY the best in Palm Springs.

This will be "The Hot Spot" if it isn't already.

The Terra Cotta InnThe Terra Cotta Inn

cement star of Elvis, Palm Springs, CAcement star of Elvis, Palm Springs, CA

A typical golf course in Palm SpringsA typical golf course in Palm Springs

Just Trying to Keep Cool in the DRY heatJust Trying to Keep Cool in the DRY heat

eating, drinking & events in Palm Springs ...

by tgono

My wife & I are spending a week in Palm Springs between X-Mas and New Years. Does anyone have some suggestions on places to eat, hang out for the evening or any community events that are going on then? hanks for your help!

Re: eating, drinking & events in Palm Springs ...

by YVRDave

You should take the tram up to Mt San Jacinto. The view is great.
If you haven't watched polo before you can watch it in Indio.
My favorite mexican restaurant is JJ's Oasis Latino on N.Palm Canyon Dr. They specialize in pork carnito's(sp) and very frosty beers.
There are lots of options for ballooning too.
I guess golf is a good option too since there are over 170 courses in the valley.

Re: eating, drinking & events in Palm Springs ...

by travelgourmet

Griff has the answer to the tram but bring warm clothes to the top, it is starting to snow.

Comments