Desert Riviera Hotel

610 E Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, California, 92264, United States

More about Desert Riviera Hotel

Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member chitownjeepjock

My boyfriend and I were heading to PS to check out the mid-century modern architecture and wanted to stay someplace with the same vintage style and "cool factor." He found the Desert Riveria online and thought it looked fun, so that's where he booked us. I was a little nervous--"vintage," "charming" and "attentive service" can often mean "old," "run-down" and "creepy-manager-peeking-through-your-blinds." (Hey, we've all seen "Psycho" and if you very often, you've probably stayed someplace too much like it.) That's NOT the case here!!

The Desert Riveria is awesome; it's perfectly remodeled in absolutely period style, and Larry and Judy are fabulous hosts. (I'm a vintage car geek, and getting to check out Larry's Nash---complete with original paperwork!!--was a MAJOR bonus for me.) The entire hotel is spotless, the service and amenities are exceptional, and the location and views are amazing. I've already recommended it to several friends and looking forward to my next stay.

Oh....and to clarify and compliment even more: While the Desert Riveria isn't a "gay hotel" and we were the only gay couple there that weekend, the owners and other guests were all totally and completely cool and welcoming. (I just wanted to add this for anybody who might be worried and wondering about the "GLBT vibe.")

Wonderful Mother, daughter get-away!

by TripAdvisor Member Marej49

We booked this hotel as a last minute 2 night get-away from LA based on the Trip Advisor reviews. WOW! We had an absolutely wonderful trip and it was in a large part due to the friendly and caring staff (Larry and Judy). They gave us tips on activities and things to do in Palm Springs as well as advice on good places to eat. This was the insiders guide on what to do beyond the obvious shopping, golf and gambling. All the reviews have already mentioned the wonderful rooms, sparkling pool area and extra amentities. We were pampered with an in room massage and greatly enjoyed the little extras, beach towels, snacks, soft drinks and even little umbrellas in our iced tea! :o)
The property is immaculate and Larry was seen doing lots of little jobs around the property to insure that everything is perfect. We will be recommending the Desert Riviera to all our friends and relatives. The small (10 rooms) atmosphere and adult clientele really appealed to us and the evening chats with other guests, including Larry and Judy, around the fire pit were great. Hope to get a chance to stay there again someday.
Thank you, thank you Desert Riviera!!
Mary and Sarah Johnson
Bondurant, Iowa and Los Angeles, CA

We the Desert Riviera Hotel (Oasis)

by TripAdvisor Member The_Boaters

I booked the Desert Riviera at the last minute before Memorial Day Weekend to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. I’m a frugal husband and shopped around trip advisor for the perfect place to stay. I was a bit skeptical since there are few, if any, places on T.A. with only 4 & 5 starts. Believe me, the reviews are accurate. The call to Judy was timed perfectly since a cancellation had just been made. After two brief calls to Judy, she had the room booked, made dinner reservations, had an in-room couples massage planned, flowers, chocolate, and even a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for us. Larry and Judy are truly the perfect pair. Introduced as the pool boy (he actually owns the place), Larry took care of our every need, and then some. We met some great people (props out to the Brit’s from N.Y., Doc George from O.C., and the Gals from Chicago) around the fire pit and in the pool. The facility and rooms are immaculate as described by others. There is a definitely at-home warmth and charm that needs to be experienced to understand. I highly recommend a stay at the Riviera if you are going to the Palm Springs area and DEFINITELY book a visit by Pleasann for massage – she was also top notch!!!
PS. We were so impressed by the facility and staff that we booked five rooms in August for our friends so stay with us.

An Amazing Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member CaliTraveler224

The smallest details doesn't go unnoticed here. Whether it was Larry walking around and making sure all the lounge chairs were tidied up with new towels (the property is immaculate) to Judy walking around in the afternoon asking if we had taken care of dinner plans, cause if not she would be sure that they were. The hotel does an excellent job of creating an atmosphere that is very welcoming. They allow you to just put all your worries behind. We will definitely be visiting again. Thanks Larry and Judy, can't wait to see you both again.

A beautiful little gem in the desert...

by TripAdvisor Member AdrienneB52

We have stayed in Palm Springs quite a few times over the past 2 years, and this place was by far the best! Larry and Judy were extremely friendly & very accomodating. Lots of attention to detail in the rooms as well as on the grounds. We had the use of the free hotel limo for our anniversary dinner, which was fantastic!

I highly recommend this hotel. I had never seen it before and just went with what I saw online in the other reviews. We were very pleased that we chose this place for our special occasion! The remodel is incredible and was done right--keeping the vintage feel of the place alive.

Great Relaxing Stay - Who needs the Marriott?!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mrann

My wife and I had a wedding to attend in Palm Springs and were just looking for a place to crash. I came upon this gem based on Tripadvisor and we called Judy to book the room. When we got there, the place was immaculately kept - it truly felt like a little getaway. Larry, the owner, was kind enough to show us to our room and even introduce us to both our neighbors, who happened to be lounging by the pool. Our neighbors were even great. The room was well kept and clean. Larry and his staff thought of everything and went all out to make sure our stay was beyond pleasant. One of the best hotel experience's I've ever had. Once you've stayed here, you would never go back to a major chain in Palm Springs. It will make you believe that good customer service, still exists! We'll be back soon!

Wonderful Place

by TripAdvisor Member CASUNLOVER_7

This is the best place to stay in Palm Springs for sure! Judy, Larry and Patty think of every detail, from the clean sparkling pool to the soft fluffy towels. The whole staff was wonderful! We really loved having the limo for going into town(which was only a 5 minute ride). My mom and aunt and myself have been coming to palm springs for years and found this place to be the best so far. They were so accomodating. I needed a couple bags of ice and instead of sending us to the local market, Judy offered to pick it up for us. I have never had such wonder service! When we got into town, Larry offered to drive us in the limo so we could have lunch in town. I could go on and on. I am planning on making reservations to return with my husband in the fall and I'm sure it will become a regular place for us to stay. Thank you so much, Judy, Larry, Patty and all the staff!!

The best hotel in Palm Springs!

by TripAdvisor Member tolson635

My sister, her daughter and I have been going to Palm Springs for our girls weekend every year for 10 years. We have stayed many places, but this one is by far the best ever! I can't say enough about how kind Judy and Larry were to us. The rooms were great and what a great pool area. The landscaping is gorgeous. We will definitely be returning next year and for many years after.

Cute and Charming

by TripAdvisor Member pattimelt41

This remodeled 1950's garden style hotel is cute. We found it through Trip Advisor and what sold us was the bicycles and location. We paid 159.00 on Saturday night and 109.00 on Sunday night. Based on the size of the room, amenities, location and time of year, I think 109.00 is closer to fair on the price. The positives- clean pool, new lounge furniture, jacuzzi, bicycles, attentive customer service,and a limo. If you are looking for a full service resort hotel(spa services, gym, restaurant on site, pool side service), this is not the place. However; this is the place for relaxation and something different than a standard Holiday Inn or Best Western. The rooms although small are funky and well appointed with a flat screen TV with built in DVD player, small kitchen and small bathroom. They are outfitted in the 1950's style(i.e , bedspread, tableside lamps and chairs) If you just want to hang out at the pool all day, there are market umbrellas that tilt and misters. Since there is no pool side service, we stopped at a local supermarket and picked up a deli sandwich for lunch, bottled waters and margarita ingredients. There is a mini refrigerator and blender in your room. Judy and Larry( the owners)are very friendly. They will print menus for you and give you their recommendations for dinner. The Falls was our restaurant of choice and was excellent. Overall, a very pleasant experience and we will return.

The hotel that caters to your every need

by TripAdvisor Member Stylista

We just returned from a weekend in Palm Springs to celebrate my b-day and I couldn't wish for more. The moment we arrived Patti and Larry, the owners, could not be more attentive to us. They made sure that everything was available to us.
The rooms are impeccable in cleanness and they are very stylish, modern decor yet cozy and homey.
The premises has a great view, wonderful pool with floaters and a chilled atmosphere.
It's a the best place to stay in Palm Springs if you're looking to recharge, relax and run away from the "spring breakers type".
We're definitely coming back for many more.

Comments