Holiday Inn Palm Springs

The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com CheapTickets.com

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Palm Springs

Best kept secret in the desert

by TripAdvisor Member norway75

OK, I do Palm Springs a lot and usually stay at the pricier boutique resorts and inns. But I saved over a hundred bucks during a long weekend here. Don't let the dark green color of the hotel put you off; it's really nice. The most important things for PS first: Great Pool w/ bar and 2 jacuzzis. The furnishings and beds are worthy of a much more expensive hotel. The bathroom is great w/ expensive tile for tub and floor. Hotel is newly remodeled so everything is new. Note: get a poolside room are otherwise you could be facing the parking lot. Excellent restaurant w/ patio by pool and great business center and fitness center. Location, location, location. Minutes from downtown and on Palm Canyon w/easy access to other desert cities. It is big and children are a possibility, but I didn't see any. Mostly foreign tourist and some bridal party that did get too drunk at the pool bar. Gay friendly too. I'll definitely be back.

Great stay at the Holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member sliced

I recently went with the guys to Palm Springs for a golf weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn. The front desk staff were great. The rooms were very nice. The pool area is great. There is food and beverage service at the pool bar. The location of the Holiday Inn is good. It was a 10$ cab ride to the casino in town. I got a great price on Hotwire. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Comfortable and clean

by TripAdvisor Member cavatrip

The Holiday Inn was nice and comfortable. Check-in was pretty easy, the rooms are clean and nicely appointed, with up to date furniture and a flat screen TV. Free wireless internet was a plus. The only downside was the location, it would've been nice if it were in the downtown area.

Nice, but lock up your Ipod

by TripAdvisor Member GoldenGateway

This hotel was recently remodeled, and it shows. The beds were comfortable, the shower was nice, and there was a flat screen TV. Everything was great, until my sister discovered her Ipod had mysteriously disappeared! The management wasn't very helpful when this fact was pointed out, and didn't even bother to call her back. I won't ever stay here again, which is a shame, since it's a really nice hotel. If you choose to stay here, make sure your Ipod and other valuable electronics are locked up.

wud luv to keep it a secret

by TripAdvisor Member surfsup2

stayed for 4 days and found this hotel to be very good the staff are so friendly and helpful.
the room was really new with fridge and flat screen television.
We had a pool view room with a nice patio so we cud just strll over to the pool.the pool was large and the gardens etc were well kept .There was a fire on a stone decor lit every night which gave a nice relaxed appeal. The hotel had free internet access. The only thing which might not suit everyone is that the rooms are entered from the car park as I wud normally not book this type of hotel I found this one very good and I also felt safe.
Its around a 5 minute drive to the main Palm Canyon drive so you really need a car .We wud def go back and stay at this hotel and selfishly hope people do not find it as it was a really peaceful little find.

Fantastic! All Holiday Inn's should be this great.

by TripAdvisor Member pulpoeater

This Holiday Inn lives up to all it's fantastic reviews. Stayed here from June 8-13 for our 30th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly and couldn't have been nicer, making us feel welcomed from the check in to check out. Location is excellent from Palm Springs proper and all the other communities/ attractions off Highway 111. We had a 2 room, suite, pool view that was beyond belief. Refridgerator was wonderful for snacks and drinks. Beds were comfortable and Air Contioners worked so well we had to keep them low even in 100 degree heat. Only thing that could be better is the TV Channel line up, but even what they have was okay.Of course this time of year the place wasn't crowded and the weather hot. The pool was fantastic and many afternoons we had it to ourselves. Did not try the resturant or bar but what we saw looked good and prices weren't out of line. Will definetly recommend and return on our next visit to the desert.

A delightful find!

by TripAdvisor Member AZspaLady

We were on our way to LA with an overnight in Palm Springs. Normally we don't love Holiday Inn but are definitely glad we found this one. The entire property has been completely remodeled and reopened about 6 mos. ago. It feels like a brand new place.

The staff couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. Our room 271 was huge and comfortable with a nice separate sitting area. The balcony shared with the next room which was a little odd, but not a problem. A great pool view too. The bed was super comfy with a ton of pillows. Flat screened TVs in both the bedroom and the sitting area. A great shower with good water pressure.

There were few cars in the parking lot and we were one of 2 tables filled in restaurant for breakfast. I can only guess it's due to low season and we were there on a Thursday night. I would definitely come back here and spend a few days lounging around the pool next time.

Great Choice

by TripAdvisor Member caribbeanmamma

We stayed at this hotel for one weekend. It was very nice. They've done an excellent job refurbishing the property. The bathroom was nice, great shower, comfy beds, flat screen TV and an mp3 adaptabile alarm clock.

Our room was on the first floor poolside and that was excellent for us since we love laying out by the pool. The pool was clean and never crowded. There were not a lot of children there during our stay which made for a very relaxing and enjoyable experience by the pool. Well, except for a group of rude and rowdy girls there for a bachlorette party. Even then, I noticed the staff came out and polietly asked them to be conisderate.

I highly recommend this hotel. Best budget hotel in Palm Springs so far.

Awesome Stay

by TripAdvisor Member prosailortim

One of the best Holiday Inns I have ever stayed at. Upon check in the Chief Concierge "John Federbush" made sure that all (most) my needs were met. The hotel has been recently refurbished, I had a one bedroom suite which was very well appointed. From the decor to the pillows, the room was far beyond my expectations (due to previous stays at Holiday Inns).

The hotel is pet friendly, they even have catered room service for your pet. Grounds are well maintained, pool area is nice and they have a bartender at the pool until 4:00.

The restaurant "Bille-D's" serves a decent breakfast (a little on the expensive side), dinner was also decent, I'll give dinner a 3 star rating (out of 5).

Plenty of outdoor parking, bring a motor home or a semi truck, lot's of parking to spare. Across the street you have a Ralph's grocery store, a pharmacy, and fast food joints.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, this is my first review I have ever written for a hotel chain, I had to be impressed.

A little Jem

by TripAdvisor Member kennydoll

What a lovely hotel and a real Jem. It is certainly worth the money.
The hotel is well situated, although in the heat you cannot walk to downtown, we found it easy to find even though we didn't have a map. There is a couple of supermarkets over the road so easy to pick up water, snacks and alcohol.

Check-in was quick and we were told about our room and given a map to help us find it. It is a bit of a maze, but it keeps the noise down as not everyone is walking past your room. The room it self was clean and you could see the money that was spent on the referb. The TV was massive and the bed very comfy. We had a pool view room with a balcony. The AC worked brilliantly and the balcony was a little suntrap in the afternoon. The room had a coffee maker and fridge. The only downside was that housekeeping didn't restock the toiletries.

The facilities offered by the hotel are good. The pool is refreshing with plenty of towels, shades and water misters. The radio plays all day but you cannot hear it from your room. The Gym is okay, nothing major but you can get your workout done ready for the day ahead.

Former Mayor Sonny BonoFormer Mayor Sonny Bono

World-famous windmills, Palm Springs, CAWorld-famous windmills, Palm Springs, CA

Palm Springs Public LibraryPalm Springs Public Library

Palm Springs Aerial TramwayPalm Springs Aerial Tramway

Palm Springs This Weekend Anyone?

by hasanhanks

I am scheduled to attend a conference in Palm Springs this weekend, arriving Friday, 13 May and departing on Sunday, 15 May. If anyone plans to be in that area during this time and would like to have a mini-VT meeting, please give me a “ring-sponse”.

by zuriga

I wish.

by nyc10025

I won't be there this week end but recently put together a page on Palm Desert and area. You might be interested in restaurant reviews even if you been there before. Ken Go to:

by YVRDave

Sorry i can't make it. You should try JJ's Oasis Cantina on Palm Canyon. The best pork carnitas I have ever tried.

by hasanhanks

June, Ken, and Griff,

I am appreciative and I thank you for your responses. I had an intriguing, enriching and wonderful time in this magical city. It was 101 degrees F in the city of Palm Springs and the people and the food were great. I had a wonderful dinner at Fishermen Market Restaurant. I experienced one of the most intriguing wonders of nature by taking a 15-minute tram to the mountains, just few miles from the sizzling temperatures. This was the epitome of contrasts. It was sierra/alpine conditions with snow and the temperatures ranging in the low 50's F. Breathing the fresh virgin air was indeed refreshing. I recommend this city to everyone.

Palm Springs This Weekend Anyone?

by kiwi

LOL, I breathe "virgin" air every day out in the country, but sometimes I crave for city life hahahhaha!!! Not to mention "world" life, being so isolated down here. .....all donations gratefully received, to alleviate this problem :-)

by zuriga

Hasan, I've never spent much time in Palm Springs (as has my brother who lives near L.A.), but we once did spend a week at La Quinta and that entire area is really a nice one. I even envy you the hot temperatures... England is very cool and not so sunny this Spring. I'm glad to hear you had a good time!

by nyc10025

Happy you had a great time in PS. I took that ride to the mountain this March and there was a great deal of snow up there as you can see from my Palm Desert page. Ken

by cachaseiro

i would like to come but i guess i'm replying a little late.

Comments