Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs

Desert Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Singles
See Amenities

A Shimmering Oasis in the Desert

by written on June 17, 2011

From the time we landed at Palm Springs International Airport the Hyatt Regency Suites' staff were already there at the airport with their Shuttle service driving us to this beautiful hotel which is the only one on Palm Canyon Drive in downtown P.S. This shuttle also by the way will drive you within 3 miles of the hotel. And ahh those suites with their marble bathrooms and 2 flat screen televisions in both the living and bedroom areas. The terraces with real cushioned furniture can overlook the majestic mountains, the greener than green palmed studded golf course and a stunning pool complex where fire pits burn deep into the night. The room amenities are of the finest products available and the staff were always ready to accomodate us in every way possible. Kudos to one of the supervisors, Sherri, to Will at the front desk and Kevin with the Valet and Shuttle service. And what can I say about Mr. Putnam, the manager who made our car rental happen when it would have not without his interceding. When one mentions location, location, location they must have been talking about the Hyatt because you are within walking distance to many fine restaurants and stores as well as the Palm Springs Follies and other major theater venues. I can only say we have stayed at some of the finest hotels here in the USA as well as in Europe and this Hyatt is within our top 5 favorites. And when you are here don't miss the Living Desert, Palm Canyon, the Aerial Tramway and Joshua Tree National Park, but as far as supreme comfort and service try the Hyatt Suites and you will realize you have found that true Oasis in the desert!

Unique Quality: 1.Superior Service Staff

Directions: Center of downtown Palm Springs

ahardplace's Profile Photo

Good Hotel

by written on October 22, 2010

I stayed here two nights. Compared to other Hyatt's, I'd say it's on average..

I also went to this bar nearby, the Desert Fox Bar that had live music and friendly staff, including the owners.

Between the staff of both places I had a good time.

Unique Quality: I got a nice view.

Hyatt Palm Springs getaway

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 20, 2009

My sister and I wanted to go for a getaway to Palm Springs. I remembered seeing the Hyatt on my last visit to Palm Springs and thought it was a good location so i told her about it. My sister booked it online thru Expedia. There was no mention of THE RENNOVATION...we found this out after booking...after reading the reviews. We were disappointed but after calling the hotel...felt it may be ok...we were told it was fine...just out dated. I thought...well as long as it was clean and in a good location...we will be ok. After arriving...we were disappointed...it was weird...it was QUITE...Hardly anyone around and yellow construction tape all over. And...we had to pay for parking...gees....it seemed like they should really comp the parking since the place was NOT in great shape. But we paid the $14.00. Now...the room....well...I will see it was pretty clean except the drapes were stained...the trash can in bathroom was dented and broken at the bottom. There were crayons in the sofabed pullout...and sunflowers seeds, peanut shells and stains on the carpet under the pullout bed that I saw as I was getting into bed. NOT TOO NICE!!! The napkins at the dining room for our continenatl breakfast were terribly stained! YUK! The hotel seems like it should be nice when finished BUT as for now...We were not too happy. Oh...1 more thing...The bed was UNBELIEVABLY UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!

Directions: Pretty good location because it was nice to walk and eat and drink and NOT have to drive. Although...it was sad seeing so many business closed up and empty. I know the economy is pretty bad right now but wow...sad!

malianrob's Profile Photo

In The center of town

by written on July 21, 2008

This is a nice place to stay while in Palm Springs. It is located in a prime location. In the front of the hotel there is a nice restaurantand longe area. Misters are on in the summertime wellinto the night. You can also catch live music out here too. The bar is locatedoutside also and you can peole watch while you enjoy adrinkand listen to music.

Unique Quality: Practicallythe only hotel thats is in the center of downtown

Directions: Right in the middle of downtown

Not Up To Expectations

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 13, 2008

This place was built in the mid-80s, and they haven't done much to the place since then. Gold and glass elevators, a big atrium and an attractive exterior conceal the dilapidated interior. Hallway ceiling tiles are filthy, woodwork is faded and worn, carpet is old and dirty, toilet seat was broken, etc. Front desk staff seemed poorly trained, although they tried their best. The owner(s) of this Hyatt should invest some of their dough into a renovation project. Otherwise, this place should be rebadged as a Ramada. We paid about $165/nt.

Unique Quality: The 2-room suites are large and the bedroom is interesting, with an angled bed and TV area. Our bedroom had a nice lanai. Lots of noise from the street and outdoor bar area when sitting in the "living room."

annk's Profile Photo

A great location

by written on December 3, 2002

We didn't stay here but the location is great. Situated in the middle of the shopping/dining area, it has a golf course, mountain views and is a block from the Desert Museum.

Nearby Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs

Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs

• Palm Springs Hyatt
  • Hyatt Palm Springs
  • Hyatt Regency Palm Springs
  • Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs

Address: 285 North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, California, 92262, United States

2 Photos of Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Palm Springs Travel Forum

Need advice about Palm Springs, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Palm Springs and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Palm Springs hotel reviews