285 North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, California, 92262, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• A Shimmering Oasis in the Desert

From the time we landed at Palm Springs International Airport the Hyatt Regency Suites' staff were already there at the airport with their Shuttle service driving us to this beautiful hotel which is the only one on Palm Canyon Drive in downtown P.S. This shuttle also by the way will drive you within 3 miles of the hotel. And ahh those suites with their marble bathrooms and 2 flat screen televisions in both the living and bedroom areas. The terraces with real cushioned furniture can overlook the majestic mountains, the greener than green palmed studded golf course and a stunning pool complex where fire pits burn deep into the night. The room amenities are of the finest products available and the staff were always ready to accomodate us in every way possible. Kudos to one of the supervisors, Sherri, to Will at the front desk and Kevin with the Valet and Shuttle service. And what can I say about Mr. Putnam, the manager who made our car rental happen when it would have not without his interceding. When one mentions location, location, location they must have been talking about the Hyatt because you are within walking distance to many fine restaurants and stores as well as the Palm Springs Follies and other major theater venues. I can only say we have stayed at some of the finest hotels here in the USA as well as in Europe and this Hyatt is within our top 5 favorites. And when you are here don't miss the Living Desert, Palm Canyon, the Aerial Tramway and Joshua Tree National Park, but as far as supreme comfort and service try the Hyatt Suites and you will realize you have found that true Oasis in the desert!

Unique Quality: 1.Superior Service Staff

6.Outstanding Management

Directions: Center of downtown Palm Springs

• ahardplace's Profile Photo

Good Hotel

I stayed here two nights. Compared to other Hyatt's, I'd say it's on average..

I also went to this bar nearby, the Desert Fox Bar that had live music and friendly staff, including the owners.

Between the staff of both places I had a good time.

Unique Quality: I got a nice view.

• Hyatt Palm Springs getaway

My sister and I wanted to go for a getaway to Palm Springs. I remembered seeing the Hyatt on my last visit to Palm Springs and thought it was a good location so i told her about it. My sister booked it online thru Expedia. There was no mention of THE RENNOVATION...we found this out after booking...after reading the reviews. We were disappointed but after calling the hotel...felt it may be ok...we were told it was fine...just out dated. I thought...well as long as it was clean and in a good location...we will be ok. After arriving...we were disappointed...it was weird...it was QUITE...Hardly anyone around and yellow construction tape all over. And...we had to pay for parking...gees....it seemed like they should really comp the parking since the place was NOT in great shape. But we paid the $14.00. Now...the room....well...I will see it was pretty clean except the drapes were stained...the trash can in bathroom was dented and broken at the bottom. There were crayons in the sofabed pullout...and sunflowers seeds, peanut shells and stains on the carpet under the pullout bed that I saw as I was getting into bed. NOT TOO NICE!!! The napkins at the dining room for our continenatl breakfast were terribly stained! YUK! The hotel seems like it should be nice when finished BUT as for now...We were not too happy. Oh...1 more thing...The bed was UNBELIEVABLY UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!

Directions: Pretty good location because it was nice to walk and eat and drink and NOT have to drive. Although...it was sad seeing so many business closed up and empty. I know the economy is pretty bad right now but wow...sad!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

In The center of town

This is a nice place to stay while in Palm Springs. It is located in a prime location. In the front of the hotel there is a nice restaurantand longe area. Misters are on in the summertime wellinto the night. You can also catch live music out here too. The bar is locatedoutside also and you can peole watch while you enjoy adrinkand listen to music.

Unique Quality: Practicallythe only hotel thats is in the center of downtown

Directions: Right in the middle of downtown

• Not Up To Expectations

This place was built in the mid-80s, and they haven't done much to the place since then. Gold and glass elevators, a big atrium and an attractive exterior conceal the dilapidated interior. Hallway ceiling tiles are filthy, woodwork is faded and worn, carpet is old and dirty, toilet seat was broken, etc. Front desk staff seemed poorly trained, although they tried their best. The owner(s) of this Hyatt should invest some of their dough into a renovation project. Otherwise, this place should be rebadged as a Ramada. We paid about $165/nt.

Unique Quality: The 2-room suites are large and the bedroom is interesting, with an angled bed and TV area. Our bedroom had a nice lanai. Lots of noise from the street and outdoor bar area when sitting in the "living room."

• annk's Profile Photo

A great location

We didn't stay here but the location is great. Situated in the middle of the shopping/dining area, it has a golf course, mountain views and is a block from the Desert Museum.

More about Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs

Dumpy & terrible customer service

by TripAdvisor Member travelingmomSanDiego

Where should I start? Let's start with the hotel property itself... The "suites" are nothing more than a tiny bedroom & "family" room with very out-dated furnishings & old bedding. I think the floor might have been more comfortable than the actual bed itself, it was the worst night’s sleep I've had at any hotel! Our "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke especially in the evening when the smoke from the downstairs lobby crept up under the door to our room. The furniture was very out-dated and the door to the mini-frig was broken off the hinge. The carpet had more stains than I could count and frankly we were nervous about walking on the carpet bare-foot. The tub was plugged and the water never went down when trying to take a shower, forget about taking a bath - disgusting! The thermostat in the room didn't work properly. It was set to 76 degrees but was freezing 1 minute and 2 hours later it would be too hot. We finally gave up trying to adjust it and had to turn it off all together.

The service wasn't any better in fact this might have been the biggest turn-off. Pulling into the hotel drive-way, there was nobody in sight to greet us or assist with luggage or valet parking. After going inside to find a luggage cart & unloading all of our luggage curb-side ourselves (with a family of 6, that's a lot of luggage) a staff person finally made their way outside to help load it on a cart to bring inside. We never saw the valet person so we self-parked in the hotel parking lot. We requested a wake-up call and on both mornings, we received the wake-up call 25 minutes late each time.

When checking out, we decided to change method of payment (from the credit card we made the initial reservation with to our debit card instead). 2 night's stay was taken out of our debit account as instructed but found out 3 days later the same amount was charged to our credit card too. When calling Hyatt Palm Springs to inquire why and to have it remedied, we were basically told that the initial "hold" charges on our credit card couldn't be removed for another two weeks because they didn't keep the authorization codes to reverse the charges, end of story. It was how it was handled that was the most infuriating. The hotel front desk manager, Rochelle, could do nothing but say her hands were tied & there was nothing she could do...sorry. No heartfelt apology or any empathy at all. After calling Consumer Affairs at Hyatt Corporate to file a complaint, I found them to be quite defensive and still claiming it wasn't Hyatt’s fault and we would just have to wait the 2 weeks for the charges to be removed. Again, completely lacking the 3 most crucial customer service elements...Listen, Empathize & Apologize. Instead I was treated like a "nuisance".

It was for this reason alone that I would NEVER return to Hyatt Palm Springs. On a plus side, Mrs. Payne from the parking lot pay booth was very friendly and I have nothing but good things to say about her!

A Shrine To The 80's

by TripAdvisor Member peaches321

My husband and I decided to do a quick getaway to Palm Springs, CA. We decided to stay at the Hyatt because we always have had great experiences in their other locations. Boy, was I disappointed. My husband's expectations were very low due to the fact that he read reviews on this website after I booked the room.I should have done the same. The rooms are very dark and dingy. The carpet is stained with who knows what??????????? I don't think the toilet seat has been changed since 1986. Our room faced the main drag of Palm Springs, and during the night we heard cackling drunk women, and motorcycle engines /cars that woke us up multiple times. The bed spread is disgusting and scratchy and hard. It didn't come anywhere near my body.The beds are very uncomfortable too. I will say that the staff is friendly, and they make a great cup of coffee at the Starbuck location inside the hotel. Expect to pay 12 dollars a day for parking in contrast to other hotels where their parking is free to guest. I would never stay here again unless they totally refurbished the premises.

Just Okay

by TripAdvisor Member Balad

We chose this location as a mid-winter weekend getaway. The suites were big and clean; however, the property is in need of a refresh. Downtown Palm Springs has definitely seen better days (like 1969) so I can't imagine Hyatt putting real money into this hotel when the neighborhood appears to be in decline. The newer resort area appears to be further down 111 in Indian Wells and Rancho Mirage. Nothing was bad about this hotel but the problem is... nothing was good enough to make us want to go back!

This hotel has seen better days

by TripAdvisor Member Taocookie

The good: good bed and pillow; nice bathroom; excellent downtown location near shops and PS art museum; roomy suite; very friendly staff; equipment all in working order. For those who like TV, one TV in each room of the two-room suite.

The not so good: staff training, e.g., we were first sent to a room which was already occupied, and despite hotel appearing to be virtually empty, and despite request for a quiet room, we were then sent to a noisy room and had to ask for another room; parking is $12/day extra; WI-FI access is almost $10/day extra; bottled water in room is $3.50/bottle extra; in-room refrigerator barely made anything cold.

Buy heating oil in summer.

by oldmonk_92129

Has anyone else noticed that they are offering good resorts in the Inland Empire very cheap during summer.
Last weekend, I got a one night stay in the Hyatt Palm Springs for $50 on priceline.com (Plus around $20 extra for booking charges and tax).
This weekend, I found out that one can get the Hyatt resort in Indian Wells (4.5 stars) for $50 also.
Is this a good deal or am I getting carried away?

by travelgourmet

The offers are good and the hotels are top notch. The only problem is that half of the area is shut down for summer and the the heat of the day goes up to 115. Staying inside during the peak sun times 12 noon to 4PM will help. Drink lots of water.

by YVRDave

Hyatt claims they offer the best prices at hyatt.com so check that out also and then ask them to beat priceline if it is higher. Keep them to their word

by ddincalif

It's cheap because this is Palm Springs "off season". Too hot.

Re: Re: Buy heating oil in summer.

by oldmonk_92129

There is no way in the world Hyatt offers those prices online. You should remember - Priceline is an auction site.

Re: Re: Buy heating oil in summer.

by YVRDave

Priceline has to get them from some where and my guess is from Hyatt, how about you?

Comments