Inndulge

601 Grenfall Rd., Palm Springs, California, 92264, United States

More about Inndulge

A very special place

by TripAdvisor Member chgoboy60640

I have nothing but good things to say about INNDulge. The property is beautiful, and the grounds are very well maintained. The owners, Jean-Guy and John, are onsite and working to make your experience a pleasant one. These gentlemen have a very high standard of quality which is evident, and which the guests have come to expect. The rooms have recently been redecorated, and are quiet and comfortable. The pool and hot tub are kept at a comfortable temperature, and are open 24 hours, so a late night swim is always an option. The breakfast buffet is a delicious treat, and always has something new each day for variety. The buffet also presents a great opportunity to meet your fellow guests. It is a very friendly place, with a very high return rate. I have been staying at INNDulge over the past 5 years, and have made many friends here. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Palm Springs Best Gay Resort

by TripAdvisor Member moriconi

My partner and I have stayed at the INNdulge for the last eight years. We love it! When we first started to go to Palm Springs we tried lots of gay resorts (8 of them) and the INNdulge was the best in every aspect. From the cleanliness to the friendliness the place is so warm and fun. The owners are so attentive to you having a good stay and are so much fun too. They are perfect for this kind of business, I wish them years of success.

Palm Springs is HOT

by TripAdvisor Member gdmort

INNdulge was a very relaxing place to hang out for a few days. The other guests were generally friendly.
The owners John and Jean-Guy are great hosts and make you feel welcome by trying to talk with each guest. There was a hotel employee named Michael that really did reak of attitude. I'm still trying to figure out what, if anything, I might have done to make him treat me like crap from check-in to check-out.
Nice breakfast (except when Michael was preparing it). Loved sitting around the pool and having coffee in the morning. Sure hated to come back to cold snowy Chicago.

Great Place to Stay, Wonderful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member PSWeekender

As a Palm Springs Weekender, I try to stay at different resorts every time I go. INNdulge gets a high rating for the overall experience. The staff are very friendly, especially the owners, who go out of their way to try to get people to mix and mingle. This is especially nice for those traveling alone or who are a bit shy.
The atmosphere is very pleasant and relaxing. The pool area is nicely landscaped. There are palm trees and lawn, not all the resorts in Warm Sands have landscaping. So if you want a bit of green around you may want enjoy staying here.
The rooms are nice. I have stayed a many resorts and some have luxury rooms and some don't. INNdulge falls somewhere in the middle. If you are expecting high-end, 5 star hotel rooms, well this may not be your place then. The rooms are nicely sized and perhaps a bit dated, but that should in no way reflect poorly on the overall experience. Please remember that even the large chain hotels do not remodel & redecorate every year. Small hotels probably redecorate even less often.
There is no attitude here, people are friendly and respectful.
Remember when staying in any resort in Warm Sands, it's not the decor but rather the staff and fellow guest that shape your experience. At INNdulge the staff really try to get everyone to have good time, and if you allow yourself to join in, you definitely will!
One of my top 5 favorite gay resorts in Palm Springs.

PROS: Friendly staff. Relaxing. Nice landscaping, poolside. Great overall experience.
CONS: air conditioner loud/noisy, outdated decor

Relaxing and Fun

by TripAdvisor Member azlawprof

This was our first time in Palm Springs and couldn't have asked for anything better. The place was relaxing, the owners were funny and friendly, and the other customers were very nice. The room we stayed in was big and very comfortable, and the place is good for couples and singles. You can be alone or make lots of new friends. It was a good mix of people. Thanks for a great time.

Nice place, but overpraised

by TripAdvisor Member Fotocracker

I don't want this review to sound negative because Inndulge is perfectly fine, but I think the overly gushing reviews here are misleading. Inndulge is a well-run place, with a welcoming and very helpful staff and owners. It is nicely kept up and offers a pleasant place to spend a Palm Springs weekend. But it is not a five-star (or five palm) property. It is not luxurious, and those who book there expecting actual luxury after reading these reviews are going to be disappointed. That's what happened with me.

Some of Inndulge's limitations couldn't be helped: It is a 1950s resort building, which means the rooms can be small, AC is in a noisy wall unit, showers are tiny, and a lot of the fixtures are old and basic. I admit I booked the least expensive choice, so other rooms may be much larger, better laid out, and more comfortable than mine, but I can comment only on what I experienced.

The size of my room was only a problem in that the interior was not well thought out. The bed was such a towering pile of mattresses that it felt like an elevated platform, and it made the space seem even smaller than it was (not a good thing). The TV cabinet was huge (and ugly, to me). Most weirdly, despite the smallness of the room, there was one large empty corner, which was a visually annoying and useless space. It meant that fully 20% of the room was only used to store a wastebasket. I'm not a feng shui queen, but that was just bad room layout. All in all, it made the room an uncomfortable place to be. I know some people's reaction will be the tiresome, "Oh but you don't go to Palm Springs to be in your room." Well, sometimes on vacation, I want to be in my room, to recoup, decompress, whatever. And if the room makes me uncomfortable, that greatly affects the vacation.

The bed linens were fine, but the rug was tired and a little dingy. The refrigerator was small. The room safe was good-sized and easily used.

To compare Inndulge to another Warm Sands property: I recently had a room at Inn Exile that was twice the space for two-thirds the price, in addition to having more light, a larger fridge, and quiet central AC. I had thought I was moving "up" by booking at Inndulge, but those factors, for me, made the Inn Exile room far preferable.

The guests are friendly, and many gather for the evening social hour, so Inndulge is a good place for those looking to make new friends. I didn't feel any of the high [--] temperature described in the Out & About review; quite the opposite actually. The breakfast is OK but nothing to write home about. (Some reviewers have noted the breakfast in their positive write-ups, but I shudder to think of what these people normally eat if those mediocre danishes and muffins are an improvement.)

Inndulge's grounds are well cared for, and the pool is nice. Pool towels are big and soft. The grounds would be even nicer if the owners hadn't succumbed to the urge to decorate in a New Mexican/Southwest style. I don't think that ever worked in a modernist property, but now it's way outdated. (The beefcake posters in the rooms are pretty cheesy too.) The Century Palm Springs across the street definitely had the right idea in renovating and decorating a mid-century property. If Inndulge were ever similarly redone true to the style of its time, it would be a fantastic place to stay.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member travelador

For a first in a gay resort, my partner and I were very happy with our choice. We did not want anything cruisy. We just wanted a relaxing place where we could enjoy the pool, the other guests and the hosts. We loved the atmosphere, met very interesting singles and couples from all over the world , enjoyed the welcome from our hosts and the personel and felt very comfortable all week long. Every aspect of the stay was handled very professionaly, friendly and gay manner!

My Best Stay Ever in Palm Springs!!

by TripAdvisor Member alan90802

I went to Palm Springs with a friend that I had not seen in several years. I have stayed at other clothing optional gay resorts in the past in PS, but had no favorite as they left no lasting impression, so I did not have a desire to return.

From the second that we stepped into the lobby of INNdulge, we felt comfortable and could feel this was going to be a different experience. We were treated with kindness, respect and as if we were old friends of the staff.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was larger and nicer than many condos that I have been in. It was clean, nicely decorated, provided cookware and dishes in the kitchen, and a private patio off of one of the bedrooms. The beds were large and comfortable. The furniture was nice, clean, not old and worn as I have experienced in some places. Very nice and well kept.

I just can not say enough positive things about INNdulge! The other guest were great as well, very "normal" people, and just about everyone that I met, had been there before, loved every experience and said they will continue to return.

The staff was absolutely great! First of all Jean-Guy, and John, the proprietors greeted guess and spend time talking to everyone there! They were the best, and everyone seemed to just absolutely love them! The time and effort that they put into making their guests feel at home and had a good tiime, was very important to me and added more to my great experience! The rest of the staff were warm, friendly and also made me feel as though I was welcome.

I really hope this review has helped and will encourage all to stay at INNdulge. This is a very serious review and you can contact me if you have any questions. I feel as though I will never have to decide where I will stay when going to Palm Springs, I have my home away from home! And I even kept my clothes on and felt comfortable!! LOL.. no pressure here, just a great time!

Indulge at InnDulge

by TripAdvisor Member flight1966

I stayed at InnDulge on a Saturday and Sunday night in early June 2007, and my experience was great, exceeding my expectations. It was my first time to Palm Springs which required full research on most of the available resorts. I found them on the Internet and then called most of them for details. InnDulge was one of the very few that was cordial and friendly on the phone. They offered some of the most reasonable rates without requiring minimum stays. InnDulge is centrally located in a small neighborhood area with other similar small resorts, and is only a about 10 blocks from the begining of Palm Springs main downtown district.

The resort is a mid-20'th century modern style with mild updates to the rooms, has about 25 rooms, some with complete kitchens and livingrooms. My room was a basic room, poolside access, King bed, very roomy. The pool and spa area has misters from the tops of a row of topiaries, there is a fitness room, free internet access, an extensive video library, free lemonade and ice tea at poolside.

All of the staff I met was very friendly and fun. There is a nightly staff-hosted Happy Hour where the resort provides snacks and non-alcoholic wine & beer, or you can bring your own alcohol to the scene. It was a great way to meet other guests and find out more about Palm Springs. There is also a great continental breakfast offered in the mornings at poolside.

During my stay I found a mix of couples, singles, groups of friends, you could make the stay quiet and reclusive or very social depending on your mood and personality.

The service was great while I stayed there and continued even after I returned home. I had left a shirt behind, and contacted the resort later that day. Their house cleaning had found the shirt, and I told them I would get back to them on how to get it back here. I sent an E-mail to the resort and offered to send some money for postage and time to mail the shirt. I didn't get a response about that, instead the shirt arrived 2 days later--no charge! I think that is great service--even after I checked out! I will definately stay at InnDulge again and again. I hope to return soon!

Always 5 Star services from Inndulge

by TripAdvisor Member confidentialsocal

Not only are the accomodations at Inndulge in Palm Springs first rate, but even more impressive is the consistency of the warmth, enthusiasm and friendliness displayed by the staff to each guest. The owners, John and Jean-Guy have created an environment that is fun, relaxing, unpretentious and welcoming. Each time I return to Inndulge I am greeted as a long lost special friend coming home and made to feel that my visit is truly appreciated. This type of ambiance cannot be forced - it is a result of the owners' passion for providing the best in accomodations not only in physical amenities but amenities that feed the heart and soul. Inndulge has that special quality that most establishments lack and many try to imitate. It is very difficult to end the visit and return to reality, but knowing you can return often eases the pain of departure. I highly recommend Inndulge.

Comments