Palm Mountain Resort And Spa

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Palm Mountain Resort And Spa

Loved It

I went to the palm mountain resort with my best friend and boyfriend for 2 nights. At the time there was a spa attached next door to which i recieved a fantastic massage. The pool was great (and clean!) and the bartender was excellent (good drinks and efficient). The crowd was a bit more family-oriented or older, but the fact that it is SOOO close to downtown was amazing. literally a block from Rubys and some other fantastic dinings. I read over the other reviews and my room was nothing but great. Clean, and nice. Granted the furnishings were a bit "out of style" i had a great time!

Such a shame!

Great location. Everything else about this hotel is falling apart, dirty or of the lowest quality. Stayed 2 nights and suffered through broken furniture, hideously old and uncomfortable mattresses, plumbing failures and even necessary phone repair (not the service, the phone). The continental breakfast was a joke, with the lowest possible quality of baked goods and unripe fruit. Such a shame.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rrams

After reading the reviews, I was somewhat leary to stay there.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms looked like they had been recently remodeled. They were clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked brand new. The grounds were beautiful and the location couldn't be beat.

I am very happy I kept my reservation at Palm Mtn Resort. Don't hesitate to book this property!

Marginal , ask for a sunny room

by TripAdvisor Member carlman01

Jacuzzi wasn't working, room was poor location - dark; no sun, wi-fi in some rooms but not mine. The continental breakfast was good. Great location for walking around downtown.

Hated It!

If yor under 50 don't go here!! I have nothing against seniors, I am fast approaching that stage of my life as well. However when your in Palm Springs laying out at the pool and people watching is part of the whole thing. This place is advertised as having amenities that aren't open or don't exist. The cabana bar was never open, the Havana resturaunt and bar were completely closed on Sunday. When they were open we were the only ones there. The pillows were hard as rocks, the shower has nooooo water pressure, the pools dirty, the maids wake you up at 8:30am! If I wanted a wake up call I would have asked for one. The resort is not a resort, it's a motel! We could have stayed at Motel 6 and got the same feeling. The spa is not really part of the resort. Neither is the resturaunt and bar. They are sepearate buildings close by having to be owned by the same company. Oh and last thing, there's no botteled water in the vending machines. The only good thing I can really say about this place is it's location to down town Palm Springs is good. I would not go here again.

Disappointed return customer

To tell the truth, our stay was a very large disappointment. Which is unfortunate, because after our first stay at this hotel, we were very pleased and hoped to make this "resort" our Palm Springs hotel of choice. I have a long list of reasons we were unhappy. Firstly, we arrived at 12:30 on the day of our check in (Jan. 15th) and asked the possibility to check in early. We were told there were no available rooms and were told not to return until after 4:00. When we finally returned we were put in the handi-capable room with HORRIBLE lighting in the restroom and a HORRIBLE mattress. The mattress was so old we could not only feel, but could see the springs at the surface. It was so uncomfortable we had to use the extra blanket between ourselves and the mattress. After we first got into the room we turned on the T.V., which worked for about 10 minutes and then stopped working, only to resume working after approximately 10 minutes of "snow." Then I attempted to make a local telephone call and could not do so. So we had to contact the office so they could "flip a switch." The walls were so thin we could hear the T.V. being used in the room next to ours. Then, the next morning, the maids were vacuuming the room above ours at 8:30 in the morning, which was quite loud. So much for trying to sleep in!!! And although the $7.00 resort fee is supposed to include local telephone calls, I was charged $1.75 for a less-than-a-minute telephone call even though the phone number I called was the same area code as that of the hotel!!! I was disappointed to pay resort-like rates for the room and get a discount-motel-like room. And then at check out, I was not asked how my stay was. Very rude. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Great place, great location

The resort has beautiful grounds, a good pool area and a cabana bar. The room was comfortable and on the large side. The resort is very close to downtown Plam Springs (1/2 block from great restaurants, the museum, close to the movie theater, etc. The staff at the resort were frinedly and helpful. For the area, this resort is a great value.

A Nice Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member mb_in_minn

We booked before we read the recent reviews, so we were anxious to see what the place was really like. Well, we liked it! The rooms were clean, the pool and spa were fine, and the view of the mountains from the pool area was just fantastic. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

This is a three-star resort, not a five-star resort, which is why you pay three-star prices rather than five-star prices. So, you don't get every single little amenity, and everything isn't postcard perfect, but we have no complaints. It was clean, safe, and relaxing, and close to shopping and dining. (And Miko's spa is nice too!)

On our visit, there was a wide variety of people present, from singles and young families to retired, from rich to not rich, but everyone was pleasant and considerate. So, if you don't want to mingle with someone from outside your group, then maybe this isn't the place for you. (Pay the extra $150/night at the other places.) But if you like variety, you will feel at home.

Perfectly fine for the price

by TripAdvisor Member linner123

Ok, not a RESORT, but a very nice hotel with beautiful, private, very well mainained grounds. Orange trees outside our rooms. Pool was perfectly clean. There were no bugs as some reviewers mentioned. Hot tub was weird - either boiling hot or lukewarm. Food at Havana Club was delicious and the nightly entertainment was pleasant, but not great. Other clientiele was families with children, and a busload of seniors. Loved the proximity to downtown and lots of restaurants. Cabana bar at pool only open Thurs thru Sat, but bartender was very attentive.
One other problem which I solved with earplugs - the air conditioners are extremely loud, but they do block out any external noise from neighboring resorts. Rooms were clean, but dark. Typical firm mattresses. ( I do wish more hotels would put 2 queen size beds in rooms - doubles are too small!)
Keep in mind that these small problems are to be expected when paying only $129 per night!

Bad Experience

Picked this "resort" over the Quality Inn. What a mistake! Looks great in brochure but some rooms have never been refurbished. Check the pics. Furniture should have been thrown out. Small carpet (the decor) was stapled to the wall.

Comments