1700 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, California, 92264, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• The Best Place!!

I love this hotel Royal sun inn. The hotel was neat and clean. The rooms were Spacious and Comfortable. The Bed was comfortable and I had good sleep at night. I operate the Wi FI Internet connection but I was surprised to get the high speed connection in my room. The Staff was very friendly and provides me all the information which I want. Hotel is near to the Moorten Botanical Garden and Cactarium & Agua Caliente Cultural Museum. This is best place I stayed ever.

Unique Quality: Clean Room

More about Palm Springs

A Modernist homes in the Las Palmas EstatesA Modernist homes in the Las Palmas Estates

Palm Springs, Indian CanyonsPalm Springs, Indian Canyons

looking back at the traillooking back at the trail

we love sea mountain inn nude resortwe love sea mountain inn nude resort

Golf

by norman52

We are causal golfers and we will be in Palm Springs for two weeks. We are looking for some good par 3 or executive type courses to play.
We have played Palm Royale and enjoyed it so how about so suggestions for courses like that. Maybe a nice 18 hole regular course is it isn't too hard on the budget.

by YVRDave

I used Last Minute Golf when I was there. They had brochures in golf stores. You call up at around 4pm the day before and get great rates. Played the Gary Player Course at Mission Hills twice for a great rate. It included range balls and cart.
I'm not sure if it is still in business.
Have a great time

by RicardoBA

You might enjoy Suncrest Country Club at 73450 Country Club Dr. It's an executive type course 5000 yards and a beautiful little course. The cost is around $35 for 18 holes.

by lauraelkins

Not sure when you will be taveling, but there is a website, Golfnow.com that has some discounted tee times for the Palm Springs area. We were in PS in late October and used the site for a big discount on the Desert Dunes course.

by norman52

last minute golf worked just fine. Didn't save us much but it got us tee times with out having to call around. I would use them again.

Thanks

by YVRDave

Thanks for the follow up Norman. I guess with the competition around the courses can get a bit higher bidding. Maybe.
Glad you got in a few rounds.

Travel Tips for Palm Springs

Hoover Dam at Lake Mead

by Tenzin

Make a trip to Lake Mead, the largest man-made lake in the world in terms or volume thanks to the engineering wonder Hoover Dam.

Avoid carrying suspicious looking bags in case you incur unnecessary delay to your fellow travellers when the security checks on you. We can't afford a burst dam after 9/11 can we?

Hiking - Mt. Jacinto State Park

by annk

There are 54 miles of hiking trails and primitive campgrounds available. Although we brought coats we were not prepared for the snow and only hiked about a mile.
Some visitors on later trams were wearing shorts and were definitely not prepared for the change in temperatures.

County of Riverside Historical Marker No.044

by Yaqui

Desert Inn
On this site in 1908, Nellie N. Coffman 1867-1950
Husband Harry and two sons George Robert and Earl Coffman established a small health resort hotel, Desert Inn. Her ability, determination, and charm extended the resorts reputation and people came from all over the world. In 1927, a modern hotel replaced the earlier structures. Nellie’s love and charitable works for the community earned the title of Mother Coffman. The hotel gave way to a shopping complex 1967.

123 North Palm Canyon, Palm Springs, Ca.

Timeless Mexican favorites with innovative dishes

by spartan about Las Casuelas Terraza

Since it's opening in 1958, this lively restaurant is always loaded with locals who love to show out-of-town guests one of the most atmospheric spots in the desert. It has a palapa (built to add outdoor dining and entertainment to an already sumptuous restaurant scene) which entices folks to the palm tree-lined alfresco bar to sip rare tequilas and dance to the music of hip bands. As soon as you enter the restaurant, the waiter brings a warm basket of tortilla chips (along with hot and spicy salsa). For dinner, I would recommend the Carnitas Platter which includes succulent chunks of pork, mexican rice, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, ranchero sauce, guacamole and flour tortillas.

Palm Springs Aerial Tram

by Jim_Eliason

This cable car takes you from Palm Springs valley floor to the top of Mt San Jacinto. Along the way are great views and a chance to escape the heat at the top of the mountain. When I left Palm Springs it was 90 at the top it was 50F.

Comments