Shilo Inn Palm Springs

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Not too expensive and great place

I stayed at the Shilo Inn for 2 nights in April 2005 and used it as a base to visit Joshua Tree National Park. The inn is well located: close to downtown Palm Springs and 1h30 drive to the park. The rooms are large, very clean with refrigerator and microwave and the pools are great after a day in the dessert!
    The staff is friendly and they have free breakfast.
    There is a restaurant and grill on the other side of the street and downtown is a 10minutes drive away.

This is very good value for the money and I can recommend it to anybody that doesn't need luxury.

Unique Quality: Two heated outside pools separated by the sauna: one for adults, one for families with children

Complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby

Directions: A few blocks North of Dowtown Palm Springs

More about Shilo Inn Palm Springs

Loved the Shilo Inn Palm Springs - visiting from Australia

by TripAdvisor Member Kaye&Steve

We stayed at the Shilo Inn, Palm Springs in September, 2005. Had a fantastic stay - the rooms were spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff were extremely polite and helpful. Lovely clean pool and spa and pretty grounds - we had pool view room on the ground floor. Only stayed for 2 days and wished we were there for longer. Would recommend the Shilo Inn to anyone visiting Palm Springs.

good value for moderate price

by TripAdvisor Member webbug56

I just returned from a 7 day stay at the Shilo Inn, Palm Springs. This is a clean and tidy "motel style" inn. In fact you are not likely to be able to sleep in as the housekeeping and grounds staff are up and about early . There were no robes provided, contrary to the message previously posted by the manager.

I had a spacious room with a king bed, a sofa, 2 chairs and a table. It also had a microwave and a small fridge.

The cigarette burns on the arm of the sofa in a non-smoking room gave a shabby appearance. Management could easily fix this by providing some arm caps in a colour to go with the piping on the sofa.

Be sure to avoid getting a room with a connecting door to the next room. It is like having a 30 square foot hole in the wall.You can hear every single word in the next room. 2 nights sleep were lost to noisy people next door- one partying until 4 am, and one family checking in after 11 pm.

The adult pool was especially appreciated. It was nice to be able to get some sun and read without the din of a lot of children.

I only partook of the continental breakfast once. The decaf coffee was only lukewarm. The pastries were the standard danish and muffins that you would get anywhere else. There was no cream for coffee only that horrid powdered product. If I had been earlier. I was told I could have had milk they provide for cereal but they had already put it away.

The housekeeping staff cleaned the room well but not once in my 7 day stay did they replace the coffee, sweetener, shampoo etc. properly. Management continues to advertise complimentary daily newspaper when in fact they have not provided them for some time.

I would stay here again. I believe that management needs to pay more attention to the details and the rest of the staff will follow suit.

The Carpet Moved

Stayed at the Shilo Inn in Palm Springs from October 1st to the 3rd. The room was very large and I found the bed comfortable. Enjoyed reading on the balcony in the sun. The micorowave and small frig were a plus. I did find that the carpet should have been cleaned but the worst thing about my stay was getting up at 4:00 a.m. on Monday morning to get a drink of water and noticed that the carpet was moving by the bed. I put my glasses on and found out that what I saw was a large brown cockroach run behind the bed. I will not stay here again.

Loved the place!

by TripAdvisor Member prittybird

Recently stayed there for 5 nights during the second week of October. There was a miscommunication about the first room we were assigned , it was not ready, but that was quickly remedied. The room was very clean, the breakfast was very adequate, the staff were helpful and pleasant. Requested extra towels late one evening and they were delivered within minutes. The pool areas were very relaxing with great scenery. Only complaint was one grounds person who made quite a mess of blowing all sorts of grass into the pool after a mowing and generated alot of dust and dirt in the air while we were at the pool. However , this one minor thing would not prevent me from returning. I would stay there again.

You get what you pay for

by TripAdvisor Member MGMGMG

We stayed at the Shilo Inn over the weekend 10/21 - 10/22/05. Having never been to Palm Springs, and not knowing where anything is, we chose this hotel based on the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Many of the reviews focused on the value with the hotel which we did not personally experience.
First the bad: The decor of the room was very dated... it was "like totally 1982, you know!" It was clean but not in the best state of repair. When I went to retrieve the ironing board from the closet, one of the brackets supporting it fell off. The wallpaper was peeling back badly and appeared to have water damage. Several of the towel racks were also loose.
The good: The room was inexpensive ($75/night). The staff was friendly, the location decent (about a 5 minute drive north of downtown) and the views of the mountains were very nice. The grounds were immaculate and the overall section of town was nice... I wouldn't have a problem walking alone at night.
Overall, I'd say you get what you pay for. It was cheap but due to the decor and the maintenance issues I wouldn't call it a great value.

Yes we loved it two only there for 2 days but wow

Yes we also agree with the comments from the Aussie it is without doubt a comfortable stylish hotel. There was nothing you could complain about and we will again visit this hotel in august 06.

Beautiful setting

by TripAdvisor Member happytraveler032

The grounds of this hotel are beautiful and the room was nice. The furnishings were a little dated, but still above average. We especially liked the free shuttle to and from the airport. The continental breakfast could use more variety.

Decent motor lodge, nice pool and breakfast.

by TripAdvisor Member TennisFan247

Friendly desk clerk, above average free breakfast than the other places we stayed at in Palm Springs, had toaster, bagels, cream cheese, pastries, fruit, cereal, coffee and juice. The grounds are very pretty, the large pool looks good and there is a nice hot tub and exercise room with sauna. The rooms are a little worn around the edges though. Our room didn't have a sofa or loveseat, just the beds, and table with 2 chairs. The second floor balconies feel like you are in a little cage, so I would recommend getting a lower level patio room so you can sit outside and not feel trapped. The rooms could use some updating, I felt like I was staying in a place from the 70s. But overall, it was a clean place and I'd probably go back again but get a ground floor room.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Kremer

We stayed here based on previous reviews of the Shilo Inn submitted. We were not disappointed. The grounds were beautiful and I especially liked the adults pool only, which was one of two pools. The rooms were clean, comfortable and reasonable I would defintely stay here again. Also great restaurants within walking distance.

online booking

by jeffglong

g'day all, my question is when i go to book online with yahoo travel, travelocity, expedia.com, i always run in to the problem when it comes to billing. Because i have to use an australian credit card, there seems to be no provision for me to enter my aussie address etc. Has anyone else had the same probs...regards jeff

by Paulie_D

Yes, it's a common problem with consolidator sites such as travelocity & expedia.

However, I prefer to use those sites to find the hotel, flights etc and then book them through the hotel/airlines own site.

Often you can save money that way.

Otherwise, do any of the consolidator sites have an Australian presence?

Paulie

by bocmaxima

This is an unfortunate problem with many American web sites: we'll only allow for Canadian and US postal codes.
These travel sites always have 1-800 numbers, which, although it's IDD from overseas, may be your best bet.
Or, better yet, just try entering what you can. If your credit card gets declined, no big deal. This address is only used as verification information for your card though, so, if you continue to have problems, you can call your credit card company and ask how to proceed. It's a common problem, and I'm sure that they have a solution.

by Paulie_D

Have you tried...

Paulie

Re: online booking

by tiffany08

try http://www.sfinj.com. If you can't book it online, you may still call them up and book it...just make sure you give their discount code (138935).

Comments