Motel 6 Palo Alto

4301 El Camino Real US 101/Bayshore Fwy at San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, California, United States

Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

• lizilex's Profile Photo

Only if you're truly desperate!

We stayed here because we needed a place to stay in Palo Alto that accepted dogs. This used to be a very decent, moderately priced, place to stay – I stayed here several times in the 1980’s, my parents often stayed here in the 1970’s. Our most recent visit was very different. I would NEVER stay here again.

The reception area was like a guard station at a prison – complete with security cameras and surly staff. The exterior “security” door near our room was permanently propped open with an overflowing garbage can, so absolutely anybody could just walk right in off the street, bypassing reception.

The bathroom was filthy. I had a cut in my foot and was afraid to use the shower with an open cut, so I taped a plastic bag around my foot in order to use the squalid shower.

This place scared me to death and I was with my husband and a dog! Honestly, the only good thing about this motel was leaving it.

If you need a fairly reasonably priced place to stay in Palo Alto and are traveling with a dog, I’d highly recommend the lovely Cardinal Hotel in downtown Palo Alto, although you’ll have to fend for yourself on the parking and it is more expensive. See www.cardinalhotel.com The other alternative would be to stay in San Jose or Sunnyvale or one of the other surrounding communities.

But whatever you do, don’t stay at the Motel 6 in Palo Alto!

As of 2004, rate for a double room is about $52 PLUS tax.

Directions: On El Camino, east side of the street.

Comments