National at Oak Creek Palo Alto

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Palo Alto

University Ave under the train tracksUniversity Ave under the train tracks

Memorial AuditoriumMemorial Auditorium

Base of El Palo AltoBase of El Palo Alto

Inside DiningInside Dining

Travel Tips for Palo Alto

Secret delicious Thai Cafe

by jenci838

It's hardly advertised, there's no sign at all, and it's only open for about an hour or two a day at lunch time, but it's amazingly delicious speedy Thai food for the price (on Stanford's campus). Randomly located in the basement of a building on the quad, behind a lecture hall, you'll be able to tell you've found it by the gigantic line of professors and students that flock there. Don't be intimidated--the line moves really quickly, but do be intimidated by the woman who takes your order. Thai Cafe lady is infamous around campus for being like the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld. You'd better have your order ready when you step up the counter or she might yell at you. $5 flat fee for each meal, there are about 5 options, and you'd better have that cash ready too.

It's an experience. And then you can take your delicious food and go sit on the quad and enjoy in the sunlight.

Location: Basement of Jordan Hall (when looking from the Oval, this is the quad building on the far right on the side of the quad nearest to downtown Palo Alto)

A WRAP WITH A TWIST

by heywinks about WORLD WRAPPS

This is a West coast chain eatery with locations in Washington & California.
They have more than wraps here, including soups & bento boxes. You can opt to have a wrap or have the ingredients in the wrap over a bed of rice (which is what I did).
The prices are good & the mix of ingredients unique. People of all ages come here but I saw alot Stanford Univ students as well. I ordered the Samurai Salmon (salmon, avocado, daikon sprouts, nori, cucumbers, & scallions). The best thing about this was the soy & wasabi vinaigrette! What a punch!!
I also had a taste of the Thai Lemongrass Soup & the Caribbean Sole (this served with a mango salsa & ginger slaw). These were good too!

Stroll University Avenue

by Ewingjr98

University Avenue is the heart of Palo Alto shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. Located straight out Standford's main entrance, this area is a favorite for students and professors as well as professionals in the local technology industry.

Most of the businesses on this stretch of street cater to high-end tastes, such as the Persian rug shop whose small 3 foot by 15 foot rugs were $10,000... I'd like to know how much the massive 30 foot by 40 foot rug sells for. This street also has several historic theaters, countless restaurants and cafes, as well as a handful of bars that become clubs late. During our visit we walked up and down this busy street numerous times stopping at Lytton Plaza to gaze at the egg, we ate a late night snack at Pizza My Heart, we stopped in at Borders, and we grabbed coffee at Starbucks.

165 University Avenue is a small rented office building that has served as the original location for several noted Silicon Valley companies, including Logitech, Google, and PayPal. Across the street is the headquarters for Facebook.

367 Addison Ave., Palo Alto, California

by Callavetta

"The Birth of an Industry"

Today it's California Historic Landmark 976. In 1939 it was a garage where two Engineers started an industry. William Hewlett and David Packard had an idea and in this garage history was made.

I have to think that Silicon Valley is one of the most exciting places in the world to work. But every morning as I drink my coffee from my commuter mug on Highway 101, thinking about the challenges of the day ahead of me, whizzing by buildings labeled Yahoo!, Google, H-P, Intel, Oracle..... I'm just hoping that the traffic will move quickly for a change and I won't have too many fires to put out when I arrive in my office. Then I meet with a visitor from another place; someone who's never been to the Valley before, and they marvel at the companies they have passed on their way to our meeting.

I stop and look around and realize what an amazing place this is.

This is a work in progress. Over the next days and weeks I plan to put together pages on my "workplace"; where the deals are done, where people work, play and live. Stay tuned.

Palo Alto - Moffett Field

by bugalugs

It was quite by chance that we visited Moffett Field, as we were travelling down highway 101 from San Francisco to Monterey. As I am the navigator and my husband the driver, its up to me to keep us on course, however, I also like to know about the area we are passing through.

It was then that I read about the NASA-Ames Research and Moffett Field. Mentioning this to my husband who is very interested in anything to do with planes, he asked me how far away we were. As it was we were virtually on the doorstep.

Comments