625 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, California, 94301, United States

Expedia.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• cadiana88's Profile Photo

Standard US hotel

I spent two days during April, 2010. This hotel looks alike to any hotel with the same category in the US. Nothing special, nothing too bad.

Unique Quality: The pools looked very well, but I didn't have neither enough time nor convenient weather to use it.

I visited Googleplex and it's enough close to book this hotel in case to go to the same place.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Sheraton Palo Alto

The Sheraton in Palo Alto is a nice hotel in a prime location between the downtown shopping area and Stanford's main entrance. I booked this hotel for a Friday night in the fall, mainly due to this fantastic position and the reasonable price ($99/night plus taxes).

We arrived and quickly checked in, dropped off our bags, then moved our car a block or two away to enjoy the town's busy nightlife. We finally returned to the hotel around midnight and had a good nights sleep.

The hotel has about 400 rooms, a nice conference center, a pool, a bar and restaurant, and a fitness center. Also on the grounds in the courtyard areas are beautiful koi ponds and gardens. Our room had one big king size bed (that was not all that comfortable), a nice plasma TV, Starbucks coffee, and two comfortable easy chairs. The hotel is just feet from the CalTrain station and only a block from Palo Alto's business and entertainment district on University Ave. The hotel is also just across the street from Stanford University, within easy walking distance of the stadium if you are there for a game.

The biggest drawback with this hotel are the fees for the extras: $10 a day to park and about $10 a day for Wi-Fi internet use. We avoided the parking fee by checking in, then parking in town where parking is free on nights and weekends. The internet fee can also be avoided if you use the business center computers in the lobby.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Close to Stanford

During my last business trip to Palo Alto, I was able to stop for a while at the Sheraton Palo Alto. On several trips out there, I travelled to neighboring cities to sleep, because I did not know about this little hotel that was so close!

This hotel is very convienent because of its proximity to the Stanford Shopping Center and also "downtown" Palo Alto.

I was able to walk over to each of them.

• Rixie's Profile Photo

Affordable Elegance

I booked our room through Travelocity and was thus able to undercut the usual price. Because the price was so low, I didn't expect much -- I figured it was for only one night, and a bed is a bed -- but the Sheraton surprised me.

We had a king-sized bed with a fluffy duvet and a pile of pillows. There were two easy chairs, one with an ottoman, a large TV, an Internet connection (for an extra fee of $7.95 for 24 hours), and a view of the koi pond. The bathroom had thick towels and extras like a hairdryer, a magnifying makeup mirror, and a tiny coffeemaker featuring Starbucks coffee.

The young people at the front desk (probably Stanford students) were professional and courteous. I would stay there again.

Unique Quality: There is a swimming pool, but because we were there in autumn, this wasn't a big draw for us.

What we liked best was the two-level koi pond, a spot of serenity in the center of the Sheraton complex. The jewel-colored koi are numerous and obviously well-nourished; if you stand for a few minutes at the side of the pond, they'll congregate hopefully at your feet, expecting food.

Directions: El Camino Real near Sand Hill Road, on the opposite side of the street from the Stanford Shopping Center

More about Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel

Upscale University Town

by Rixie

Palo Alto is about half an hour's drive south of San Francisco. As you can see from this photo, it's a mixture of old, established neighborhoods and new business districts. It is probably best known as the site of Stanford University.

This community garden is tucked away in a corner of a park in Palo Alto. Gardeners pay a fee to cultivate a plot, and I'm told that there is a waiting list for this particular garden.

The Sheraton Palo Alto (see hotel tip) has some lovely koi in a pond.

Comments