Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast

1250 Paint Horse Place, Paso Robles, California, 93446, United States

More about Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast

Paso Robles Gold!

My husband and I are from San Diego; lucky to be only a 5 hour drive from my favorite wine country, Paso Robles. This year for Paso's annual Zin Festival (3/16-3/19), we found the Chanticleer, and were delighted!

Roland & Carolyn are wonderful in both their hospitality and their charm. And yes, we agree with all of the other reviews...her breakfasts are out of this world! The rooms are outstanding and quaint, the scenery gorgeous, and the location, perfect for anything you want to do in the area! In fact, unless you have friends with a spare bedroom that won't charge you a dime...this is the ONLY place to stay!

...And be sure to say hello to Benington, Hannah, Toby, Molly, and the chickens from Lisa & Jim.

We love Chanticleer!

My husband and I were engaged in Paso Robles. Thanks to Carolyn and Roland it was the most memorable weekend ever! A year and a half later we returned with four friends for a great wine tasting weekend.

Carolyn's cooking is amazing! We always had a great breakfast to start the day. Roland is gracious enough to show us his vineyard and property. Both are the reason why we love staying there in Paso Robles.

The rooms are comfortable, romantic, and spacious and they have a great view. We always feel comfortable hanging around the house. Carolyn offers excellent advice on local restaurants and things to do. She even helped us plan our wine tasting day with a limo and lunch plans.

I can't imagine getting a quality room, food and service better from anyone else.

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO

I was surprised by some of the things I encountered at this B & B. The first thing we noticed in arriving were the unsightly solar panels in front of the place that hide a nice view. Then there is no parking. We had to leave our car on the road and drag our bags in, past the chicken coop (and its evidence). The house is a 50's ranch style home and our room was on the "lower level". At least there was a view of trees. We were a bit nervous in arriving. The room was OK. Simply furnished, it could be called eclectic. The bathroom was nice but it was open to the bedroom. The food was fine but again, not exceptional.

Mixed Bag

The lack of "Curb Appeal" caused/created a lot of apprehension when we arrived. When we travel, we always hope that when we finally reach our destination we will be pleased with our choice. Given so many glowing reviews here, we trusted them and felt comfortable we had made a good choice. We wish others would have been more honest than starry eyed. What we found was a rather ordinary home with the lower level converted to guest rooms. Expect a comfortably furnished room but a little worn--run of the mill catalog/chain store furnished. We were disappointed but the bathroom was a saving grace as it was clean and newer. Our advice would be to know what you are looking for and to call and talk to the owner about exactly what room you are getting and what view there is, etc. The food was good but expect lots of starchy things and sweets--again it depends on what one is looking for. Overall we would say the convenient location makes it acceptable.

Once is fine

The reviewers who have called this a five star property had me thinking this would be something along the lines of the Post Ranch Inn or the Bernardus Lodge, or at least the Simpson House B & B in Santa Barbara. It falls short. It is a funky place, and the country charm is rather cute in its way. The breakfasts are fresh. But you do get the feeling you did not make the best choice of where to stay. There are lots of other options worth checking out. Also, I would agree with the other reviewer who mentioned room selection is key. The largest room is nice with a good view, but the others are small and can be dark. Double check to make sure what you are getting.

A Wonderful Wine Country Getaway

We thoroughly enjoyed our honeymoon visit to the Chanticleer Vineyard B&B in Paso Robles. We stayed in Room One which was a large, comfortable, romantic and immaculately clean room. The linens, carpet, tile and bathroom all felt clean and new. It was all so cozy -- the plush robes, the two-person shower and baths, the fireplace, the sitting areas in the room and on the back porch -- it was all so perfect. It was so beautiful to sip wine or enjoy morning coffee while sitting on the back porch overlooking the vineyards. The breakfasts were great and Caroline couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The whole experience was just so enjoyable with such a great vibe.

Our favorite spot in Paso Robles

This is our 6th stay at Chanticleer! When visiting Paso Robles we will always stay there because of the beautiful grounds, the gorgeous rooms (our favorite is room 3 where we can view the sun rising over the vineyard from the bed), the great breakfast, and the wonderful hosts, Carolyn and Roland. We appreciate Carolyn always making sure we have reservations for dinner and everything else that will make our visit a great one. Roland is always on the move taking care of the grounds and we especially are glad for the front lawn where we play croquet with our friends :)! Thanks again for the great weekend away!

Great hosts!

by TripAdvisor Member NancyP63

The Chanticleer is a warm and friendly place where you have the best of both worlds: you can relax and feel at home and yet feel like you are really getting away from the daily routine of life. Roland and Carolyn truly have the gift of hospitality. We have stayed at this beautiful inn twice and whole-heartedly recommend it. The setting is ranch/vineyard style complete with the sleeping Labrador, flower garden, chicken coupe and quiet views of the vineyards. You start your day with a gourmet breakfast made with freshly laid eggs and some suggestions from Carolyn about the best way to spend the day. The location is also a plus: its close enough to town and is centrally located while still being in the country. We love touring around the beautiful Paso Robles wine country and then coming home to this cozy inn. We will definitely go back.

Chanticleer Vineyard... a get-away with exceptional form

My wife and I have been a couple for nearly eight years, and one of our favorite pastimes is to stay at B&Bs. This year was our first wedding anniversary. We, and I not sure how we found the Chanticleer Vineyard and we did not know anything Paso Robles, decided to stay at the Chanticleer Vineyard Bed & Breakfast. There is no way our anniversary could have been any better. I accredit a large portion of that to Carolyn, the Proprietress. Her meticulous attention to detail was delightful. The pressed and scented fine linens on the comfortable bed make peaceful sleep and relaxation inevitable. Plush robes, thick bath towels and the soaker tube with candles at the edge encouraged the romance of our trip. The view from our private porch was tranquil, which only added to ambiance of the Chanticleer. My wife loves to cook and entertain. To see her so enthralled with Carolyn's ability to cook and accommodate was quite a compliment whereas I am much easier to please. We hope that Chanticleer will have a cookbook available one day. Make sure you eat the cookies in your room. They are outstanding! The recommendations that Carolyn gave we impeccable, and we recommend getting the wine tasting package deal. On the way back from dinner I found myself thinking how could our anniversary possibly be any better. Only to be answered when entered our room. My personal thanks to Carolyn for placing an extra token in our room, while we were out. All of this could have been said in summation: the setting and the attention to detail at the chanticleer leaves you with nothing to do but enjoy yourself.

THE BEST B&B EVER!

by TripAdvisor Member warrenerkg

My fiance and I stayed here for two wonderful nights. I'll sum it up by saying everything-- the room, the food, the hosts, the view-- was perfect. We can't wait to go back.

Bore and Boar in front of EberleBore and Boar in front of Eberle