Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast

5415 Vineyard Drive, Paso Robles, California, 93446, United States

More about Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast

Enjoyed another stay at Orchard Hill Farm!

by TripAdvisor Member SoCalTravelerSW

The location, setting, and total ambiance are as lovely as the pictures on their website. Words such as peaceful, tranquil, picturesque, relaxing, inviting, warm, cozy and the like all come to mind.

The innkeepers are a delight and are most helpful and friendly, but if you want to keep to yourself, that's quite all right! The carriage house sits a short walk away from the main house and each bedroom has a private balcony, so privacy shouldn't be as much of an issue as it can be in some B&B's, although both times I've been there, we've rented both of the carriage house rooms.

The breakfasts they provide are wonderful meals, served in a lovely setting whether it's indoors or out. They were such a treat and the presentation of each course (YES, multi-course breakfasts) was beautiful.

There are many extras they provide as well, all of it is well thought out and part of their personal touch, and they welcome feedback and suggestions. This was my 2nd stay with them, and both times we've booked our next trip during our stay! Can't give them much higher kudos than that... I usually like to try new places! :)

Feels like home to me......

by TripAdvisor Member Hockeyfolk

All the atmosphere and ambiance you would want in a lovely B & B. Our hosts went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable from the waiting fire and bottle of wine upon arrival to the glorious breakfast and touring recommendations for the area. We loved the whole experience and I know we will go back again. Debbie and Doug truly have the gift of hospitality!

Read this review for the best place in the best wine country in CA

by TripAdvisor Member dkegs

It was an amazing trip and this Bed & Breakfast made it unforgettable.

I decided to take my wife to Paso Robles for our anniversary. I looked for a bed and breakfast online and found he Orchard Hill Farm website and decided to stay there (I was going for the wine tasting experience, not the lodging experience). It was a great decision because this bed and breakfast experience was even better than the wine tasting, if you can believe that.

When we got there, we were amazed that this was on a gated farm on top of a hill. The view was incredible. The first night, Debbie and Doug (proprietors) invited us to the main house as a new winerey was coming to sample their wines. What a treat, it was just my wife and I and another couple that were served wine and cheese by the tasting room director and the winemaker of Cass wines. It was great wine and the cheese platter had to be worth about $100. They even had our favorite cheese "purple haze" made with lavender. It was a great way to start the weekend and it was a special treat that Debbie and Doug because they want their guests to have an unforgettable stay. I think this is what I was so impressed with. Everything they did was to make our trip memorable.

Every morning, they served us an incredible breakfast on their porch overlooking the valley. The food was the best and they made sure we knew where to go and what to do during the day. They really cared that you had an exceptional stay. Also, everyday they gave us a new bottle of wine from a local winery to try. I have never experienced this type of hospitality in my life and I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world.

I haven't even talked about the B&B yet. The bed was so comfortable and farm is located right in wine country. There are deer all around and even when we were leaving one time, we had to wait for the wild turkeys to cross the road in front of us. We loved everything about our stay and we definitely recommend everyone to go there.

If you are thinking about going to Napa, Sonoma or Santa Barbara - skip it and head to the Orchard Hill Farm in Paso Robles. You will be impressed. I thank Doug and Debbie for everything, and after you stay there, you will too.

P.S. - While you are there the best wineries are Robert Hall, Cass and Chateau Margene. Delicious.

Perfect in Every Way!

by TripAdvisor Member JTlovesPAWS

The Orchard Hill Farms Bed & Breakfast offers a most enjoyable and memorable experience from the moment you arrive to the time that you leave

Debbie is an amazing hostess and delights in providing wonderful meals, warm conversation and pays close attention to detail. The accomodations are excellent and surrounded by the beautiful views and wonderul scenery.

The only disappointing point of our trip was the fact that we had to say good-bye and return home.

Orchard Hills Farm B&B is by far, the BEST experience you could every hope for!!!

A Perfect Girlfriends Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member mas251

This property is almost too good to be believed. Set in the middle of the wineries on a hill with your own carriage house to enjoy. The carriage house is warm and cozy. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the kitchen is stocked to make your stay comfortable and memorable. The views from the three porches are beautiful no matter which way you look. The surronding countryside is full of deer, wild turkeys and horses At night we sat outside around a fire enjoying our wine and the beautiful autumn night sky. You truly feel as if you have stepped into a haven away from lifes daily pressure.

Breakfast was served each day on the patio surronded by the garden or in the main house's dining room. All of the meals served were made fresh with seasonal ingredients and done beautifully.

The innkeepers, Doug and Deb, are warm and welcoming. They share their knowledge of local wineries, restaurants and attractions and are happy to help you plan your day. We took several of their suggestions and had a wonderful time.

The five of us enjoyed our three night stay and will be back next year for another long weekend full of all that Orchard Hell Farm and the Paso Robles area have to offer.

I know we are all loking forward to our next trip..

Quiet, beautifully furnished, delightful stay!

by TripAdvisor Member B&B-Lovers

We took a 4-day trip from Orange County to Hearst Castle. We decided to stay out in the country for 2 days and relax. This was a wonderful B&B--one of the best!! It was very pastoral, saw deer, chickens, cows, lots of vineyards, etc. The house in on the top of the hill overlooking it all! Debbie and Doug were marvelous hosts. Don't miss this B&B!! It is very private--only 2 bedrooms in a separate house. One night we had it all to ourselves!

I'd rather keep this quiet

by TripAdvisor Member anotherWineDiva

But I promised the inn keeper I would post a review. I can't wait to go back! The two bedroom apartment over a converted carriage house was well appointed, comfortable, with decks and views across horse and wine country. A great place to go with friends, have your privacy and their company too. Breakfast at the main house was so wonderful, it was hard to leave to go wine tasting. I recommend staying more than one night if possible, to soak in the countryside and hospitality. And don't forget to give the resident labrador, Bean, some scratches behind the ears. You'll have a new friend for life.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member scotty333

Orchard Hill Farm was a great place to stay. We wish we had found it on earlier trips. The carriage house was cozy with only two rooms and a common great room - fantastic design. Top notch attention to detail including the homemade breakfast. We will stay there again. The owners had excellent recommendations for local restaurants and wineries. Check it out - you will not be disappointed.

Fabulous Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member schotty

Fabulous,serene, country Bed & Breakfast in the heart of the Paso Robles Wine Country. Two bedrooms with private bathrooms, shared spacious dining, living room and kitchen area located above the carriage house separate from the main house. Beautifully decorated, heaven-like feather topped beds. Gorgeous views of the property's country gardens and surrounding hillside and vinyards. Proprietors Doug and Debbie Thomsen provide a wonderful full gourmet breakfast every morning in the dining room of the main house. Start out with delicacies such as seasonal fresh fruit or poached pears in cranberry reduction with raspberries and blackberries, spinach and feta or ham and gruyere stuffed croissants or egg, tomato and pesto souffle on baby greens with chocolate croissant. Served at an elegantly set table of vintage china, crystal and silver pieces. Sensational! After your wonderful breakfast you can spend the day touring and sampling outstanding wines of the Paso Robles area. Enjoy superb food for lunch and dinner at many of the areas restaurants. Highly recommend dinner (or lunch) at Justin Winery, chef Ryan Swarthout. The Thomsen's provide every means to make your stay comfortable and enjoyably relaxing.

Comfort, style and personal attention at Orchard Hill Farm

by TripAdvisor Member walkerlady

My husband and I have stayed at Orchard Hill Farm three times. We enjoy exploring the Paso Robles wine country, and Orchard Hill Farm is located right in the heart of the rolling hills and vineyards. We brought friends with us on the most recent visit and it was perfect! The B&B is a carriage house with 2 lovely bedrooms with roomy private baths, with a large and comfortable great room/kitchen between. The owners have thought of everything that would make a guest feel at home.......lots of magazines, cozy afghans, delicious cake and fruit on the buffet, water and soft drinks in the refrig, and even a bottle of local wine each day. Deborah is an interior designer and she has obviously had a great time decorating the rooms, always with comfort in mind. She served delicious breakfasts in the dining room of the main house, and we loved it when she pulled up a chair each morning to talk to us and give us information about local wineries and restaurants. I highly recommend Orchard Hill Farm to anyone visiting the Paso Robles wine area.

Holding up the BarHolding up the Bar

sculptures at Sculpterra Winerysculptures at Sculpterra Winery

Outside the tasting roomOutside the tasting room

Joe outside the wineryJoe outside the winery

Comments