1103 Spring St, Paso Robles, CA 93446

Paso Robles Inn Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Affordable Accomodations right in Downtown

I wouldn't say this is ideal but I would rather spend money buying wine than spend additional money for a fancy bed and breakfast (which there are plenty). The rooms seems a little dingy but clean. Paso is more known for it's quaint bed and breakfast accomodations but it can be pricey! So, this is a great alternative. I've learned in the past, it's better to have the 2nd. floor rooms than the 1st. floor rooms so that the people above you don't keep you up all night as they walk back and forth in their room (why they do that I have no idea). Look at their website for deals before booking. It is located conveniently in downtown Paso. We were able to walk to dinner at Il Cortile, just around the corner. We even used the hot tub one evening and that was great!

• Yubert's Profile Photo

Visit the Hot Springs!

The first Paso Robles Hot Springs Hotel was built in 1864 and was right next to the natural artesian Hot Springs well. In 1891, the old hotel was replaced with a new, magnificent, all brick hotel. It utilized over one million bricks and took over 2 years to build. It became known worldwide as a health resort. In 1906 a new bathhouse and indoor plunge was completed. It was designed by the famous architect, W. H. Weeks, and was situated close to a new hot springs well which produced over a million gallons per day at 106? F.

Unique Quality: Boxing champion Jack Dempsy, President Theodore Roosevelt, Adela Rogers - St. John, Phoebe Apperson Hearst (the mother of William Randolf Hearst), actors Douglas Fairbanks, Boris Karloff, Bob Hope, and Clark Gable all stayed at the El Paso de Robles Hotel. And when Major League baseball teams used Paso Robles as a spring training home, the Pittsburg Pirates and Chicago White Sox stayed at the hotel and soaked in the mineral hot springs to sooth tired muscles.

Directions: Paso Robles Inn
    Fax (805) 238-4707

More about Paso Robles Inn

Absolutely Wonderful 2 night stay at Paso Robles Inn

by TripAdvisor Member countrymomma

This was our third trip to Paso Robles - we have made this trip to this cute town for the Mid State Fair because they offer quality country music entertainment - big names (this year we went to see Billy Ray Cyrus and Charlie Daniels) - plus made a quick trip to Hearst Castle and spent the afternoon playing on the beach nearby there.

This is our second time at the Paso Robles Inn - one time previously we stayed at a nice hotel on the outskirts of town - but decided to return back to Paso Robles Inn because of the in-town feel with all the events going on plus there is a free shuttle that runs every 15 min during the fair time and it picks up in front of the hotel.

Our last stay was nice - however this time - the room was spectacular! We stayed in one of the Jessie James Rooms (newer room) overlooking the Park (where we went to a free pancake breakfast yesterday morning - tickets provided at the front desk of the hotel). The room was gorgeous inside - fairly new - I think only a year or so old - and the furniture was great - beautiful granite counters in the bath along with a nice big bath tub/shower with great looking Italian style tile with accents - along with the real "Bath and Body Works" soaps/shampoos, etc. provided for free and nice fluffly thick clean towels. The bathroom was impeccably clean - and this is coming from a neat freak who has been known to check out of a hotel and get a refund for a dirty bathroom. The bed linens were totally clean - I always check before we settle in so I don't have to ask for changes of linens or rooms before it gets too late - the furniture was dust free and clean - gorgeous wall art and decorations - small kitchennette with microwave and refrig and sink - which is great travelling with two small kids!

The staff at the front desk is superb - they were very helpful with questions whatever they were that I asked - and always friendly.

The parking is great - you can park right in front of your building so there is no long walks - and the parking spots are good sized - I drive an Excursion so there was plenty of room for my vehicle.

All in all - the room was fantastic and we had the best time at the Fair and our side trip to the Ocean and Hearst Castle (definitely worth seeing). The town is really cute and the Historic Inn is very nice. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the negative comments on here prior to my arriving - however I encountered NONE of these problems. Our 3 day vacation was great and my family looks forward to going back there for another vacation during another fair!

Historic Paso Robles Inn & Springs

by Yubert about Paso Robles Inn Steakhouse

I didn't stay or eat here because it was closed due to earthquake damage. This place looked like one of the best steakhouses in town so i wished it was open, I was very hungry.

Perhaps on my next time through town, I'll get a chance to eat here and report on the food. Beef is the specialty of the house. You can also choose from plenty of other items such as grilled Portobello mushroom, blackened or barbecued jumbo prawns, baby back pork ribs, pasta pomodoro, and local catch of the day.

The Paso Robles Inn Steakhouse features a special Zinfandel menu, created specifically to compliment your steak dinner, in addition to their already extensive local wine list.

Beautiful garden, good food, horrible customer service

We just finished our wedding reception at the Paso Robles Inn. The grounds and Ball Room are beautiful. The food is very good. The Customer Service is awful. We battled the staff for over a year. They DO NOT cater to the Bride. We had approximately 200 guest, and the price was fair, but do not expect any complimentary add-ons. They "don't have to."

The food during the reception was good. The bar was a different story. Although the hotel was able to provide the tequila bar we requested, one of the bartenders was completely rude. The Paso Robles Inn was not prepared for the open bar, running out of glasses at one point, and not providing enough bartenders during the cocktail hour.

The rooms above the Ball Room are large and comfortable. The cleaning staff did a great job getting the rooms prepared for all of our out of town guests.

If you're looking for a reception site for a fairly large wedding, where guests can stay the night, consider the Paso Robles Inn for the venue and food. But be prepared for the horrible customer service.

Great way to spend my Anniversary!

by TripAdvisor Member LuckyUs93

My husband and I spent one night at the Paso Robles Inn. We always attend the fair for our Anniversary, but this is our 2nd time staying at the Inn. We stayed in a Deluxe Suite with a Jacuzzi Tub in our room, (last time it was on the balcony). I must say, I was a little worried before we went (it's been a few years since we have been there), after reading all of the negative comments left on here. However we went ahead and took a chance. And let me tell you, we had the greatest weekend ever. The service was EXCELLENT. The front desk clerk was so friendly, the room was clean, the waitress was friendly and helpful (all of them that we encountered). And they have the best Bloody Mary's ever. It was a great way to spend our 13th Anniversary. We will be back next year!

Bad Service Starts With Management

The fact that our large wedding party had a great time at the Paso Robles Inn had little to do with the management. The problems began at the front desk where months of planning left quests with rooms with the wrong number of beds, rates higher then quoted or the worst possible, no room at all. Even through the Inn had been booked solid for months in advance they were understaffed in both the bar and restaurant. At the reception the bar ran out of glasses at least twice leaving the wedding quests standing and waiting. Worst yet the bartenders were rude. The rooms ranged from very nice to very small and dirty. Complete with bathroom mold and stained chairs or rugs. When quests asked for roll away beds they were given a air mattress. The air mattress were to big to fit inside the rooms. All in all we had lots of fun at the Inn and the grounds are very nice. It is a real shame the management, some of the staff, and some of the rooms were not.

What a waste of money!

I was shocked at the lack of service and the poor quality of the room. When you drive up to the Paso Robles Inn, it looks really nice - then you get to the rooms and it’s a whole different story!

ROOMS
We stayed in the "old" section and were extremely disappointed with the room! There were gnats all over the sliding glass doors (on the inside of the room). We had to have maintenance come and spray for the bugs twice because they just wouldn't die! The carpets were badly stained. In the bathroom, the toilet seat was so stained with what looked like marker, I wish I had those covers that you get in public bathrooms!

SERVICE
Then the service - I went to the front desk on our way out to dinner and was explaining the bug problem and the attendant at the front desk picked up the phone to answer a call while I was MID-SENTENCE. HOW RUDE! Then when I asked her if another pillow could be delivered to our room, she pulled one out of a closet and handed it to me. (I guess I was supposed to take it to dinner with me.) She looked totally surprised at the concept of housekeeping bringing it to the room while we were at dinner.

We bought the package with the wine tour and overall it was a horrible weekend and a waste of money. The wine tour itself was great - but we were dreading coming back to the room.

Anyplace but here

by TripAdvisor Member travelman14

My recent stay at the Paso Robles Inn was nothing if not a complete and total disappointment. This place is so bad I hardly no where to begin.

Upon entering the lower level unit that I paid $240.00 per night for, I was struck by how dark and dirty the place seemed. After turning on some lights I could see just how dirty the carpeting was. It was as if they had never had it cleaned since it was installed. There were black spots and cigarette burns throughout the place. The bathroom, although large and generally clean had not so much as a hook to hang your towel or anything else on. Along with this came towels that were so rough that they could sand paint off the walls. Even the toilet paper was about the cheapest stuff I've ever experienced, and far too rough to do the job for which it was intended. I ended up using the facial tissue.

The linens on the bed were so worn that the cotton was pilled into little rough balls that gave me the feeling of bed bugs or something crawling on me as I tried to sleep. Oh yeah, tried to sleep is right. The walls and ceilings on this place are so thin that I felt like I was sharing a room with the people on all sides of me. From baby's crying to people up at all hours taking mineral baths, good luck getting any sleep at all. The mineral baths are SULFUR, equals smells like rotten eggs. Anybody think that is a good idea for a hotel room? I could go on and on, but by now you've got the picture...anywhere but here. I would sleep in the public park across the street before I would give this poorly managed hotel even $1.00 for their sad excuse for a room.

Dont waste your money on this place...overly priced and rated.

We stayed here for 2 nights in May 2006. We had a small party of people and rented 2 of the rooms. The rooms are small and smell really bad. The beds were very uncomfortable and the carpet was filthy. None of the toilets I used ever flushed properly.
The only thing positive was the Sunday Brunch (expensive but good) and the beautiful flowers on the grounds.
The guy at the front check in/out counter was extreamly rude and unhelpful.

I overheard quite a few other patrons complain about there stay here.

This place is way over rated. Much cheaper and nicer places to stay in the area.

Dont waste your money or time here!

The Inn was amazing

We spent our 25th anniversary at the Inn recently. It was an experience that far surpassed our expectations. We knew we were in for a treat from the time we called for reservations. THe reservationist was so informative and appreciative that we called. They also made a note so when we arrived we were welcomed with a Happy Anniversary wish. The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and told us all about the Inn. We were delighted with our room, which was immaculate. It is obvious that they are attentive to detail with service and in the rooms. Our dinner at the steakhouse was by far the best steak we have ever had. My husband commented on the smiles of all the employees. Each employee, including the housekeepers and gardeners greeted us with smiles. It made us relax and enjoy. Paso RObles is a very pleasant little city and the Inn made it ever more special. Thank you for such a lovely and special stay!
Bill and Catherine

Paso Robles InnPaso Robles Inn

SF - LA drive in december

by jasper1708

Hi, we are from the UK and are driving from SF to LA between the 17th and 20th Dec 2007 stopping off for 2 or 3 nights on the way We want to drive Highway 1 and would like to receive any advice about car hire, hotels/ other accommodation/places to visit/ anything else important. Any snippets of information would be very useful. We have a budget but are open to any suggestions. We have never been to California and this is one stop on a round the world trip.

Re: SF - LA drive in december

by donato1899

Make your car reservation before you come, shopping for the best deal. Satellite navigation is nice on a trip like that.
Monterey/ Carmel is a great stop. It is not too far, really not far enough if you want to make it in 2 nights.
Just south of Carmel, about an hour, is a great place for lunch. Nepenthe, former home of Orson Wells and Rita Hayworth. This is the link to their web cam.
My favorite stop is Paso Robles cause I like the wine from there.It is little bit inland and it takes some time to reach the wineries, but I spent more nights on my trip. We stayed at the Paso Robles Inn. I loved it, be sure to get a room in the new part, not the old part. They have mineral baths there. They smell really bad so if you are interested use the nice one outside in the center of the grounds, maybe not the one in your room. The diner attached to the Inn is a nice bit of Americana.
Also in that area but closer to the PCH is Hearst Castle which is a big tourist destination. There are sea lions on the beach in this area too.
Santa Barbara is another favorite stop. There are wineries west of town in the mountains and the whole beach thing there too.
That drive is big fun. I hope you enjoy it.

Re: SF - LA drive in december

by MBDVB

The drive from San Francisco to Big Sur along Highway 1 will take around 5 hours if you don't do a lot of stopping... but I will bet that you will stop often, as the route is amazing. Nepenthe is terrific... you may see the whales, or you may have lunch with some of Hollywood, it is that good and that popular. I would advise making the Big Sur area the place to stay for the night, and there are some incredible places to stay there!
Have a great trip!