3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity BestWestern.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

GREAT VIEW OF THE PACIFIC OCEAN

Pismo Beach has a lot of hotel/motels to choose among, but in my opinion, none come close to the Shore Cliff Lodge when it comes to the view. Magnificent is all I can say of the beauty that is just outside your balcony. I didn't want to go out, that's how much I enjoyed the view.

The hotel has great sound proofing on the walls and the balcony door left open allows the full sound of the crashing waves able to fill the spacious room. The bedding is first class and sleep comes easy with the ocean breeze. This is a case of photos say more than my words, so I have a travelogue on the property as well as a movie of the ocean waves beneath the balcony. The staff are very helpful and cheerful. I felt welcomed from the first greeting until I departed. Only 11 miles to San Luis Obispo and within an hour to Cambria, Morro Bay, or Paso Robles wine country.

Unique Quality: Great views, great pool and spa, great location.

Directions: Off hwy 101 at Shell Beach and take Price St. toward town to hotel.

• nlswin1's Profile Photo

Beautiful Vista

We stayed in this hotel in 2006. The staff was very friendly and helpfull and we had a very nice room overlooking the bay. Not the cheapest stay in Pismo but a perfect choice during a comfortable road trip along the Central Coast.

Unique Quality: The views are breathtaking. The restaurant next to the Motel is also very nice.

• A little luxury off Route 1

Plush rooms all with balcony views over Pacific. Large pool with glazed panels to block sea breeze which is good for the sun worshippers! the Pelican restaurant have a fantastic menu and serve Jack Daniels in large gulps!

Unique Quality: Romantic weekend breaks! Stunning views Fab Food

Directions: Just off rt 1 coast road

More about Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge

overpriced!!

Just got back to the UK after travelling along the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Stayed in several hotels along the way and this was by far the most overpriced of them all. The best thing about it was the view but apart from that, it was nothing special. Very dissappointing!!!!

Confirmed Reservation/No room on arrival

I made my reservation online received confirmation for late check in. I get to the hotel to find they have sold my room to someone else. I also find that they have charged my credit card for the full price of the room not the AAA discount rate a difference of 60.00. The city and everywhere on the coast within 30 miles was completly booked and I now have no where to stay. Me and my wife now have to sleep in the car. The only thing the hotel can say is sorry. They have now completly ruined our trip.

Beautiful view

by TripAdvisor Member NeilBelfastN/Ireland

Stayed half way thru california tour, after some problems getting to our room because of hotel renovations , found the room to be large & airy but quite plain , best part was the balcony looking over the pacific.
Nice pool area & lovely lanai on the edge of the cliffs. Was surprised to see cost of the rooms (tour was prepaid) would not pay that much for only average rooms.

loved our stay

Just came back from a trip to Pismo Beach at the Shore Cliff Lodge, it was very nice. The view was great, room very nice, clean. Did have a large gap between floor and door, but no real problem, informed the front desk. Will probably stay again next trip to Pismo.

Breathtaking

by TripAdvisor Member Heavens

Stayed here in 2001 on our honeymoon and vowed then that we would come back.

We stayted here this year (Sept 2005) during our drive from San Francisco to LA. The hotel was just as we remembered it, fantastic!

The front desk staff are excellent, had a lovely welcome. We paid an extra $10 when we booked to get an Ocean View room and we were not disappointed. The view was breathtaking and worth the room rate alone. Watching the sun go down was a highlight of our whole holiday and falling to sleep while listening to the waves crashing against the rocvks waa very relaxing!

The continental breakfast is lovely as you are sat in the restaurant which overlooks the ocean.

Fantastic hotel. The views are magical. My only regret was that we did not spend more that 1 nght here.

The view was great!! The view was great!! Yeah yeah

by TripAdvisor Member Aussie/Cali_Girl

Of course the view was amazing. Why else would my husband and I choose that as the perfect spot to get married. But let me tell you... all you get for your dollars... is that view.

We first checked in the day before the wedding. Given our room key... to a room number that didn't exsist. After hiking around searching we go back and ask where we are going and all they say is... "oops". Once in our room... it was nice enough. Expected a little more for what we paid. (I have learned over our 3 week honeymoon, BWs are just glorified Motel 6s with a Hilton price) Bed nearest the ocean view was broken down and I landed on my rear. The bathroom sink was incredibly tiny and its shared with the coffee station and closet. There wasn't even enough room for my husbands shaving kit. It was cool to sit on the bed and watch whales breeching just off the coast. That was really... WOW. But that was all.

When my mother checked in we went to check out here room. All I can say is night and day! Her room had a huge double sink bathroom with heat lamps. A huge frosted glass and wood door leading into the bathroom. A seperate area with the coffee pot, fridge, and microwave. The room was definately what WE expect to get. There was even patio furniture on the balcony which our room did not have.

The funny thing is... the 2 rooms were booked by my husband at the same time at the same price. There was definately a serious difference.

Hints: Ask for a double queen room in the newer south tower. Anything between 300-310 is great.

As for the restuarant and catering. One word... lousy. I would share more... but its really not worth the effort.

Weddings are beautiful there and you pay for that great ocean cliff gazeboo! The event coordinators/catering reps are a step up from party planners at Chuck-e-Cheese. I was sadly disappointed.

Great Value

This is a very nice traditional motel. My room (215) in the south tower was BIG, CLEAN, had a microwave, coffee maker and fridge, and a medium sized balcony with chairs and a table. I did not see any ongoing construction mentioned in the other reviews, so maybe it is done. Carpeting looked recently new. Balcony had a glass wall / sliding door about 10 feet long. Great for looking at the view which was drop dead terrific. See pictures. Motel is located literally near the edge of a shore cliff, grounds were manicured approaching botanical garden beauty. Two gazebos right at the cliff edge. Fences were along the cliff edge. Standard, but adequate continental breakfast in a separate restaurant with wall to wall windows which provided great atmosphere for dining. I heated my waffles in the toaster, and had nice hot buttered waffles with syrup. I have stayed at Embassy Suites a lot and would rather have this continental breakfast with this view literally on the edge of a cliff...look down and all you see is water, than cooked to order omelette in an enclosed room. Slept with sliding doors open listening to waves. I got an internet rate of $89 from the Shore Cliff website, but also called to see what rate I could get....which was $149. They had my reservation with correct rate upon arrival..so I suggest making reservations on the net. For $89, this was a steal.

Comments