1621 Price St, Pismo Beach, California, 93449, United States

• Hanau93's Profile Photo

Kon Tiki Inn: Pismo Beach

We enjoyed our stay at the Kon Tiki Inn and had a nice room facing the ocean..In the morning westayed in the whirlpool as it was too cold to take a dip in the ocean..
    it reminded me a bit of Hawaii..:)

More about Kon Tiki Inn

510tothe805

This is an absolutely beautiful hotel, I have been going here since I was about 7 years old with my parents and now I am 21 and I took my girlfriend to the Kon Tiki for a week and it was absolute paradise. The room is very spacious, very nice reclining couch seats, every room has an ocean view (unlike a majority of the hotels in pismo beach) and they keep the hotel up beautifully. Not only that but they have a gym that is owned by the hotel which you get a free membership while you are staying at the hotel. I have been going every year at least once a year and I will continue to, you haven't been to Pismo Beach until you have stayed at the Kon Tiki!!!!!!!!!*******

loved it

Stayed for three nights in June. After staying in a luxury hotel in Hollywood, this place was a relaxing pleasure. It was refreshing not to have to tip 12 people just to get something out of my car. The place is nothing fancy, but clean and laid-back. We had two rooms on the 2nd floor. I recommend the 2nd floor, because the view is better than the 1st, the rooms are more private than the 1st, and it's only one flight of steps up (although there is an elevator). The cleaning service was prompt and thorough. One of our rooms had a king bed w/ reclining loveseat, the other had two queens. The loveseat was great to lounge in and stare at the ocean. Both rooms had small fridges (empty - so you can fill it with your own beer and snacks) and a coffeemaker (which might seem standard these days, but our luxury hotel in Hollywood didn't have one!). The grounds and pool were clean and well kept. The beach is great, and the stairs down to the beach are not as daunting as I thought they'd be. The hotel is a fairly short walk to town and the pier. You can either get there by the beach or the road. I'd take the beach. We will definitely stay there again. One note, though: It's cold and gloomy on California's central coast in June. It didn't get over 64 while we where there, and the ocean was maybe 58. Fine for us, because it was 112 back home and it could have snowed for all we cared, but if you're coming to enjoy a summer at the beach, wait until July/August.

Outstanding in all respects

by TripAdvisor Member Prospector1

we stayed here for 3 nights -family with two boys aged 12 and 14. we all thought it was wonderful. I'd booked this on back of other tripadvisor recommendations - our biggest regret is that we only booked it for 3 nights. Its all been said before. Great size room - we were on second floor with king and double. Very clean and great service from everyone during our stay. Pool excellent and grounds kept very neat. Views are simply amazing in all rooms - and by far this looks best hotel in Pismo.
We ate at Steamers(next door) on last night - fabby views of the Pacific and we had pleasure of several whales breeching as they made their way up the coast - food great too so highly recommend a visit there. We also recommend Brads just beside the pier for ribs etc while we also ate at Rosas - an Italian spot. Mayor is italian and so are many of local pop so Rosas or Guisseppes (we would have an hour to wait, but highly recommended by fellow guests) is worth trying.
Our only disappointment is that we went to sit on beach and we found the sand flys so annoying that we just went back up to pool again.
Comments from eldest son as follows: Pool was brilliant - quite big and clean including 2 spas at the side. Room was big and beds extremely comfy with Fridge, T.V, Bath and Balcony. Beach was annoying with the sand flies - I'd recommend going there later on in the day when the flies are less in number. Otherwise- a very pleasant stay. You must pay a visit to "The Scoop" Ice cream Parlour - YYYYUUMMMMMM - tons of flavours to choose from - I couldn't finish the gigantic double scoop!
I don't understand why there was such a gap in posting - but this motel is still top of the league (and we have just come from the tenaya lodge in yosemite and the hilton in San Francisco - but this place beats em all.
It was high 60s - v pleasant during our stay but fog first thing in am but cleared mid am.
From a very satisfied Northern Ireland family

Dream Spot

We are a young family with 2 kids under the age of three and this was a perfect spot. My wife went to grad school @ CAL POLY and we go back to visit once year. We usually stay in San Luis Obispo, but from now on we are staying here. After much research and reading reviews, we decided to try the Kon Tiki Inn. Great choice. The price is right too. The rooms are not ritzy, but clean and comfortable and a good size. We got the room with 2 beds and there was still a lot of room. It also had a small refrig which is nice. Especially with kids to hold milk, juice, snacks or dads beer!! Each room has a nice balcony and the view can't be beat. EVERY room has a view overlooking the ocean. Not filtered or a tiny bit of it, but the whole thing. The place is quiet too. It also overlooks the nice lawn and pool. The pool is sparkling clean and has 2 hot tubs.. The grounds are spotless and the staff is wonderfull. Nice places to eat in Pismo and a ten minute drive is San Luis Obispo. If Pismo is foggy, take a 8 minute drive to Avila beach. Usually warmer. Email me if you want some recommendations.

What a great place!!

by TripAdvisor Member Murphy27

We stayed at the Kon Tiki Inn based solely on the reviews listed here and we're so happy we did!! The room is very clean and the pillow top bed is incredibly comfortable. The best part of the room is the balcony overlooking the ocean and the beautifully landscaped grounds. We stayed on the third floor and it was very private and quiet. The entire hotel (including balconies) and surrounding areas are non-smoking, which is great. We would definitely stay here again!!

Great Hotel - pity about the fog

by TripAdvisor Member World-roamer

The Kon Tiki is a great Hotel. We stayed for 4 nights at the end of July and were really impressed with the large room size, superb views over the ocean (every room has the same) and the helpful and efficient reception staff. There is a free continental breakfast with a good choice of bagels, croissants, pastries and fruit, and if the smallish breakfast room is full you can take it back to your own room. The rooms have a fridge and a coffee maker and the beds are very comfortable. Our only disappointment was the sea fog which lasted almost the whole time we were there - it was a wee bit chilly. Sitting on the beach or at the pool was out of the question so we went inland (where the sun comes out after a mile) to the nice village of Arroyo Grande and then on to Lopez Lake where there is plenty of boating activity and places to sunbathe. Pismo Beach itself wasn't particularly upmarket, but overall we enjoyed our stay.

Excellent stay

by TripAdvisor Member hollihedge

Booked this hotel on the direct recommendation of TripAdvisor members - and thank you very much! What a find! Large, comfortable, spotlessly clean room with a large balcony overlooking the well-manicured gardens, palm trees, kidney-shaped pool and hot tubs, and over to the wide expanse of Pismo Beach rolling waves of the Pacific, which lulled us to sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful and the complimentary continental buffet breakfast in the adjacent Steamers restaurant (where we also enjoyed a delicious meal the previous evening) was more than adequate. You are free to use the amenities of the neighbouring fitness centre free of charge (including a lap pooll). The price was unbelievably reasonable. It is obviously somewhere that has a lot of repeat guests as we spoke to at least 3 families who have an annual reunion break at the Inn every year. We could not fault a thing, and our only regret was that we were staying for one night only on our trip schedule - we would have loved to stay longer. We definitely plan to stay again when we return to California.

The Kon Tiki Inn- A FLAT OUT WINNER !

This is my first review for my wife & I , who took a Pacific Coast 1 Highway Tour from LA North to San Fran, August 16-25.

Based on reviews here and Frommers, we chose the Kon Tiki. Despite the " odd " name, this place is an absolute winner ! We paid $140 with Tax on August 17 & 18. Worth every penny. Nice Continental Breakfast, Oudoor/ Indoor Pool, Hot Tubs and EVERY room has a magnificent view of the Beach and Pacific. Recreation facilities are on the complex as well, although I'm not sure if they were included in the price. The room size was considerable, well furnished ( fridge included ), beautiful balcony and spotless ! Check in staff were very pleasant. People wanted to stay longer, but a complete sellout while we were there. Minutes walk to downtown and Pier.

Value for $, 5 Stars/5.

Oh yeah, we saw these whale and dolphin things every day from the Beach/ Room... :)

Absolutely Wonderful

This is a great place to stay - rooms are clean and large - those recliners are wonderful for enjoying the view - staff very friendly - elevator is a plus and I agree with others, the sound of the ocean does indeed lull you to sleep! The ocean veiw is unsurpassed and even those long steps to the beach are not that bad to navigate. The rates were less than other hotels but even it if were more expensive, this is defintely the place to stay and enjoy Pismo.

Comments