2411 Price St, Pismo Beach, California, 93449, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Pismo Lighthouse Suites

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member like2travel001

Pismo Lighthouse Suites is absolutely wonderful. Make sure to ask for a room in building 3, all rooms in that building face the ocean. The first floor in bldg. 3 have low (two feet) picket fenced patios that walk-out to a grassy area. If you are looking for a very clean and friendly place to stay, look no further.

Badminton anyone?

by TripAdvisor Member worldtrundler

We stayed at the Pismo Lighthouse Suites May 3 through the 6th. The one bedroom suite we stayed in was in building 2 and had a partial view of the ocean. We were travelling with in-laws so there were 4 adults and 2 children aged (2 &6). The room was amazing, with two bathrooms, it was the perfect size. There were 2 Queens in the bedroom (we added a playpen) and a King sized bed in the main room which is separated from the other room by a hallway and door for privacy. There was also a microwave and fridge in the main room. The best thing for the kids was the pool area and the recreational area on their patio, with badminton, putting greens, rocking chairs and a large chess set. The kids had lots of fun. One drawback was the single laundry set up in the two other buildings that were no where near our room. A bit of a pain with two small children, I felt like i went back and forth 10 times doing laundry! but other than that this hotel is amazing and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Can't wait for their Avila Beach location to open!

Great for family gatherings!

by TripAdvisor Member valleykat

We spent the first weekend of October here to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. We had two adjacent oceanfront suites and two adjacent courtyard suites. We chose the oceanfront suites on the lower level so we could take advantage of the larger porches and grass area for getting together. It worked out perfectly! The living rooms in the oceanfront suites are spacious and had seating for eight which was important for a group our size. There were also two Adirondack chairs on the porch. We brought our own folding chairs to sit on outside. We requested the two centermost rooms (3105 and 3106) because they have the largest grass area in front. It was beautiful sitting together for drinks on the ocean bluffs.

We were also pleased with the courtyard view rooms which had partial ocean views. The only downside was their proximity to Highway 101, as others have stated. You can hear the traffic noise in the front bedroom; but it is not noticeable in the master bedroom if you close the door between the two.

The play deck was a lot of fun also. It is kept up beautifully. We had a little putting competition and the kids spent hours playing badmitton.

I would not call the breakfast an expanded continental as one reviewer had. It is pretty basic. I would like to see them add one of those waffle makers common in hotels these days. I thought there were plenty of tables, as long as the weather permits sitting outside. The "galley" has a wraparound porch with a partial ocean view. You can always bring the breakfast to your room which has a dining table if it is too crowded.

I definitely recommend the Lighthouse Suites for families. If it were just my husband and I, I would look for something a little different probably.

Excellent Accommodation

Unfortunately we only stayed in this hotel for one night as we were short on time, but I would highly recommend it as a beach stop. Our suite had 2 double bedrooms with 2 very clean and tidy bathrooms, we also had a balcony which overlooked the sea. The pool was small but very nice with good views. Out of a 3 week holiday this was the best value accommodation we found.

Great Hotel with Great Rooms!

My friends and I stayed here for one night while travelling up California's Highway 1. We had a suite with two bedrooms, and two bathrooms on the ground floor, and it was fabulous! The room was so big and spacious, and the beds were huge! Parking was available, and there was a view of the beach from the Balcony.

The front desk staff were okay, but possibly could have been a little more helpful. We had a LOT of luggage and were offered no assistance in bringing it to the room. I presume they don't have porters as it is a small hotel.

Overall though, we had a really comfortable stay here- and I would definately stay at the Lighthouse Suites again if I go back to Pismo! Definately recommended!

It is especially good if there are a lot of you travelling- the separate bedrooms and bathrooms in the large suites give you a lot more privacy!

Fantastic family place

by TripAdvisor Member MuleDay

Great place, with lots for the kids to do, giant chessboard and badminton and a good breakfast every morning included in the room. Nice and new and clean with easy access to beatiful white cliffs and breathtaking vistas. Nice view of the pier.

Fabulous!!

by TripAdvisor Member kquistct

What a wonderful place to stay while visiting the central coast of California. The suite was tastefully decorated with lots of room for a family. We all enjoyed the recreation area and the sunsets from our balcony were heavenly!

Wonderful place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member JstLv2Crz

We were a group of 6 couples traveling up to Pismo for the day and decided to stay here by reading the reviews posted on the web site. None of us were disapointed with our decision. We stayed in the 2 room suite and shared with another couple, the room was very large and private for either couple. The 1 bedroom suites were very nice two. The bedroom was in the back of the room and there was a living room in the front with a couch and some chairs. All 12 of us could sit in the one room and enjoy the evening laughing and talking. The breakfast in the morning was pretty good. It included pastries, bagels, cereals, muffins, yogart and coffee and juices. You could sit inside or out on a large veranda. All in all this is a very nice place to stay. You won't be dissapointed!

Hotel was very clean with a great view!

This hotel is very well kept up, clean. The continental breakfast was very good. We had an excellent view from our room. We had booked the $99 room because online it said "ocean view,"but when we arrived they said the rooms with Ocean Views were $159. We really wanted the Ocean View so we paid the additional charges. I didn't belive it was actually 2 bedrooms, and there were. Its a very good place if you have a family. My husband and I enjoyed this hotel and would stay there again!
I went there to visit the Sand Dunes and ride the ATV's. It's very close, about 2 miles max away from this hotel.

Great Hotel and Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Justmeincali

My family of 4 stayed at the suites the weekend of the car show. We paid $300 a night for an ocean view room. I suspect the car show crowds and high occupancy drove up the rates from normal.

We fully enjoyed this hotel and felt that this was a great value. The rooms were extremely comfortable, large and clean. They appear to have been updated in the last year or two. The suites are large, and the kids loved having "their own" room. The only thing separating this hotel room from a top resort hotel room is the bathroom. Bathrooms were standard hotel room bathrooms, but nice and clean.

I would have to say however that you need to get an ocean view room to really make this a great location to stay. We originally did not have an ocean view room, but upgraded once we saw the layout of the facility.

The pool and workout facility are small, but are plenty for younger children and someone looking to do a quick workout (treadmill, bicycle, weight station). The children (4&6) especially enjoyed the play courts, with the chess board, badmitton, putting green, etc.

The location is a very quick drive to the pier, or you can walk it on the beach or on the road. I'd guess a mile or so.

Breakfast was okay. Very pleasant to have. Nothing fancy, but a real money saver.

We stayed at the $500/night St. Regis at Dana point on this trip as well, and we enjoyed the suites more from a value and suprise and delight perspective.

If we come back to Pismo Beach, we are staying here again.

Comments