Sea Crest Resort Motel

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Acore_Beauty_4_U_Luv's Profile Photo

A bit of Hawaii on the California Coast

On average, you will pay more here. But it is well worth it. It is a beautiful place :)

Unique Quality: Heated pool, whirlpools, access to sandy beaches, surf fishing, skin diving for abalone and lobster, digging for Pismo clams, salmon fishing - or you may take a walk along the new pier for spectacular views of white breakers and dynamic cliffs. A barbecue area, shuffleboard, and a glass enclosed sun deck are but a few of the amenities at Sea Crest.

Directions: While travelling on freeway 101. Take the Price Street exit.

More about Sea Crest Resort Motel

New owners get big thumbs up!

by TripAdvisor Member malibuans

Hats off to Sea Crest for the great weekend we had recently in Pismo Beach. The property's fresh new look gets a BIG thumbs up from us. Impressively, even through the dust and debris of a massive renovation, our stay was quite comfortable and relaxing.

It's soo pretty here, once the resort's makeover is complete (it looks close to done) you'll see it bolt to number #1 in the Pismo hotel rankings. Our corner room (#210) was perfect with ALL NEW furnishings, fixtures, electronics etc. I almost don't want to tell anyone about the ALL NEW Sea Crest Resort, but the staff was as attentive as the room was beautiful and reasonably priced-- it's not right to keep such a gem to myself...everyone should know what a wonderful place this is. We had a most enjoyable respite! I'll make sure to tell everyone that without question, the Sea Crest is now our favorite spot in Pismo/Shell Beach. Please give Mgr. Aaron Penry kudos and a high-five and for me!

Nice renovation but same bad staff attitude!

by TripAdvisor Member TRVLWRTR

This place has taken a 360 degree in renovations, it used to have the shabbiest 1970's motel decor now it is better than a Beverly hills hotel, the rooms are amazing! gorgeous quality decor. But they still have old boxy type 1970 telephones that cut out during conversation ??
The downsides of this place are: The staff.
when you call the front desk it takes them 50 rings before they answer if they do, their attitude when told about a problem is "oh well too bad" They said they have free hi speed internet but was told after check in only in lobby area (not in the rooms), which is the size of a small bathroom, how can you do business standing in the lobby with your laptop and nowhere to sit?? It is a shame because this is a great location, great spacious rooms, but need more professional staff running the place, It is like their family members were dragged out of bed to work the desk and they are not too happy about it. There were 20 people squeezed into the lobby to check out and only one person at the desk who ignored the phone while it rang continuously for about 30 mins.

Awesome value!

by TripAdvisor Member kelly1960

We've stayed at several hotels in the Pismo area, but found the renovated rooms at the SeaCrest to be the one which most exceeded our expectations. Although the front exterior of the hotel is somewhat misleading, the rooms look like one of the shows from HGTV contributed to the design: very clean, very stylish. I did not expect to have a refrigerator or microwave at that price, nor did I expect a Kuerig Coffee maker. Fun. The only thing I found lacking was pay-per-view. If I could have streamed new movies into the room, I would not have left the hotel for the duration of my two day stay. Good job guys!

Great Value and Awesome Renovation

by TripAdvisor Member JBonds007

We stayed at the Sea Crest along with family members for a short memorial service in the Arroyo Grande area. I found Sea Crest online after doing some research and although there were some mixed reviews about the hotel, I found it to exceed my expectations of the property. Sure the exterior needs updating from its circa 1950 motel look, but the interiors of the renovated rooms are awesome. Everything showed attention to detail including the faux tile that looked like hard wood floors, the updated fixtures and countertops in the bathroom, the flat panel LCD TV, the furnishings, the plantation shutters, the outdoor furniture, the refrigerator and microwave oven, the coffee maker, the iHome iPod ready clock, etc. Sure, there are a few things still needing updating like the phone and the exterior but these are small issues.

I also found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful. The person checking us in asked why we were in town and we mentioned that we were attending a memorial service for a family member and he gave us an additional 10% off our AAA 10% discount! We didn't even ask for the extra discount but they were showing some concern for our situation. We also had to call the front desk to fix our drain since the drain plug was stuck so we could use the bath and the maintenance worker came up immediately. I also called the front desk to request a pack and play which they brought up immediately.

Now regarding views, here's my word of advice, there are different rooms on different floors with full and partial views. We booked the ocean front (DELUXE VIEW) 2 queen bed which was a larger bedroom compared to the ocean front (PARTIAL VIEW) 1 bedroom king size bed that our other family members booked. There was a difference in price but our view had an unobstructed view of the ocean on the 3rd floor of the south tower. Other rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor had partial views while I believe the first floor is below street level and may only see a wall. So my advice is 1) book directly with the hotel staff rather than booking through a wholesaler since you're almost guaranteed to get the worst room through a wholesaler and 2) be sure and ask for the DELUXE view if you want completely unobstructed view so the ocean

We found this hotel to be a great deal and we will definitely be back.

New and improved...

by TripAdvisor Member jasncheryl

We have stayed in most hotels around Pismo Beach, and up until a few years ago the Sea Crest was our favorite. The main reason we quit staying at the Sea Crest, was because of the poorly maintained decor and rooms. After learning they had remodeled, we decided to give them another try... and wow, their rooms are really new and improved.

This place has always had great views, large pool and 3 hot tubs... and with their remodeled rooms and upgrades, they went back to the top of our list of places to stay in Pismo.

They have good prices, and are close to all the attractions. On holiday weekends, this hotel is a family resort... but one could find peace and quiet if they stayed while the kids are in school. We recommend it and will be staying again, when we return to Pismo.

A comfortable hotel at a great value

by TripAdvisor Member ushma

We stayed at the SeaCrest for one night after visiting Hearst Castle. We were on our way from San Francisco to LA. Overall, we were happy with the room and feel that it was well worth the $126 we paid (including the AAA discount) for a deluxe water view room on the 4th floor. We booked directly with the hotel by phone, since the web site did not seem to provide information about the different views. The room was recently renovated. It had a nice desk with a comfortable chair, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, an Ipod alarm clock which I’d like to buy for my own house, a nice balcony with chairs and a table. (See uploaded photos.) A great place for a drink! The other thing that I have never seen at any hotel before (including 4 and 5 star hotels) is the Keurig single cup coffee brewer. I didn’t use it because the hotel provides good coffee. Do not expect much of the breakfast, however. It’s just a few dry pastries, although we did arrive towards the last 45 minutes of the breakfast. One negative is the noise from the adjoining rooms – the walls seem really thin. The hotel is right on the beach although there are a bunch of stairs to go down (see photos of the stairs). The beach was clean and probably great to sit out in during the summer months. It provides the perfect morning beach walk. Overall, this hotel is an excellent value.

Pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member katnjay

We were staying in Pismo for a weekend softball tournament in Santa Maria. Unfortunately on Friday, the tournament was cancelled due to rain. We called the Sea Crest to find out what the cancellation policy was, fully expecting to be charged for our room. They were very understanding of our situation. Because the tournament was cancelled they said they would not charge us, however, if we still wanted to come, they would take 25% off of our rate! We decided that since they were so accomodating, why not drive over to the beach and check out the Sea Crest. I'm glad we did. However, first impressions are not great. They are in the process of an extensive remodel and their lobby looks like a convereted office and is the size of a hotel room. But everything improved once we arrived in our room. We had a remodeled room with two very comfortable Queen beds. Instead of the standard hotel curtains, beautiful plantation shutters lead out to our balcony. We had a very nice view of the courtyard, pool and ocean. I particularly love the Krueg coffee maker - nice touch! They also offered a contentental breakfast. There were several other families that made the same decision to stay and they all agreed that it was worth it. I would recommend the Sea Crest and we will definitely be staying there again.

Definitely an improvement

by TripAdvisor Member OneCent58

We have stayed at the SeaCrest every year for many years (35+ for some of the group) with a group of 35-40 during the President's Day holiday weekend. When the hotel sold about 1 1/2 years ago, we were unsure how the new owners/management would work with us to accommodate our yearly tradition of bbq'ing dinners for our group. I am happy to report that even in the midst of the ongoing remodel of the hotel, Matt and his staff worked with us to assure our needs were met. The newly remodeled rooms are more spacious and the new beds are very comfortable. The refrigerator in our room did not work properly and upon calling the front desk, was very quickly replaced with a brand new model. Thank you!

I was a bit disconcerted that the glass sliding doors were not replaced during the remodel. It seems the extra $$ it would cost to replace the very worn out doors would be worth the price, especially since it appears SeaCrest is going to raise it room rates in an effort to offset the cost of the remodel.

I was told by staff that the pool and jacuzzis will be remodeled in the next year or so.

A couple of suggestions for management: towel bars in the bathrooms and a "clothesline" of sorts across the tub/shower would be wonderful for drying wet bathing suits.

We look forward to our next trip to the SeaCrest.

Beautiful renovation

by TripAdvisor Member Travel4JW

I knew that the hotel was under renovations, but thought we would try anyway. We got an ocean view and it was very nice view of the sunset, although a little farther back than I had anticipated. The rooms were really nice, with a sitting area, nice HD TV on the wall and comfy bed. I looked forward to the coffeemaker mentioned by other guests, but was not happy that we were only given Decaf. The breakfast was actually pretty good for Continental, if you got there at the right time. My only complaint was the parking (evidently due to the renovations), since we arrived late each night, we had quite a walk to the room. Other wise, really enjoyed our stay.

Comments