Spyglass Inn Pismo Beach

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Spyglass Inn Pismo Beach

Confortable Hotel with Great views

by TripAdvisor Member GreatDaneDanmark

We stayed one night at the Spyglass Inn on our way from S.Francisco to Santa Barbara, and had a good time. Check in was fast and friendly , we opted for a ocean view room, it was very confortable and clean (see pictures & video). We did not use the pool, as we drove to Pismo Bay beach in the afternoon. We had dinner at the Hotel's restaurant , it was not bad but a bit overpriced , you get much more for your money at Alex's barbecue close by (Had lunch there)
Don't miss the sunsets .... absolutely amazing !
I can recommend it !!!!

Okay, not great

by TripAdvisor Member sobaygirl

We stayed at the Spyglass Inn the last weekend of April. This was our
first visit to the Pismo Beach/San Luis Obispo area. The area and the
beaches are beautiful, but I would rate this hotel as average.

I did notice the musty smell in the room as mentioned by a previous reviewer. The rooms did appear to be remodeled fairly recently (granite counter tops in wet bar and bathroom) but more updating still needed! (AC/heater; carpet) Yes, the walls were thin, but luckily our neighbors were quiet. Also, our room faced the pool so if you're still in your room past 9:00 a.m. you're going to hear all the pool antics!

The big advantage of this hotel and the reason we stayed there is that the hotel is "pet friendly." They allow dogs, without any extra charge-!

The food at the restaurant wasn't spectacular but the service was good and the views are great. I suppose the prices were a bit high but when are they not in a beach/tourist area?

Beautiful Views

by TripAdvisor Member fourstorrs

Have stayed at this hotel several times for business meetings. Every time, the experience is definitely above average. While the bldgs themselves lend more to a motel type property, the rooms are spacious and clean. Service staff is always friendly/courteous. The on-site restaurant is a bit pricey, however decent food/staff. Pool is nothing spectacular and actually situated basically in the middle of the parking lot, but serves it's purpose and is clean.

Since the hotel is basically on a bluff overlooking the Pacific, the views are amazing. If pricing allows for it, opt for a room on the back of the property which opens to the sound/sight of the ocean. Beautiful.

Can be crowded during summer months however, on weekdays is okay. Though it's right off the 101, the rooms - even the ones closest to the freeway - are not noisy. Overall, nice property and I would recommend.

Great Place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member giftshopgirl80

We spent one night at the hotel on the way to San Fran. The ocean view room was amazing. Overall a very pleasant place to stay.However, avoind the hotel restaurant- the food is mediocre and way overpriced, and the service was simply bad.

Plan To Return

by TripAdvisor Member ladydi1780

We stayed two nights at the Spy Glass in Mar 2007 primarily because it was dog friendly. I thought the hotel was closer to the main beach in Pismo however was relieved that we booked at the Spy Glass. It was the quiet weekend get-away that we needed....Pismo Beach was too crowded and parking was horrible. Staying at the Spy Glass allowed us to walk down to a quiet beach where we were able to let our dog run around and mingle with the locals who were there with their dogs. We also enjoyed the on-site restaurant and our room was very nice and comfortable. We definately plan to return again.

A great View and Big Room!

by TripAdvisor Member msalice

We decided at the last minute to make a reservation with this hotel. We originally asked for two rooms, and my husband wanted something on the beach. So we asked if we could have the room changed to an ocean view. The room was one for handicaps but was very nice and huge! It was a two queen bed as well as a fold out sofa. We had a party of three adults and two young children, which worked out well for this room! The beds were comfortable and the balcony area was very nice for this room! I just wish I had taken pictures so all can see, but their website photos are a splitting image of the hotel room!

Rooms are quiet and I highly recommend it! It is off the beating path of the regular pismo area and is nice and quiet! There is a path that leads to the beach and is nice!

Really average

by TripAdvisor Member ZorglubWaterloo

average hotel. Be aware of the location: so OK, it is along the ocean, but there is no beach and it is also along the highway 1, but just at the highway exit. Otherwise the rooms are very nice, spacious. restaurant is very good, breakfast was great, good special deal for $3.99, much better than in other hotels. Overall little bit expensive for what it is. Be careful to the views from the room as well.

The people at this hotel and restaurant are so friendly and accomodating....

by TripAdvisor Member imphillipsmom

My husband and I were married on the balcony here in August of 2006. The people at the Spyglass Restaurant were fabulous and helped us make a small wedding with an even smaller budget beautiful. Our room was fabulous ( King Ocean View) and the staff was as kind as they could be....

During the reception...and I truly hope I don't hurt any feelings...the sweetest and nicest waitress you could ever want accidentally spilt a cocktail. Not only did they apologize a thousand times...they continued to serve above and beyond and all the wait staff rallied to make sure all was well. This is true class.

Fast forward a year and two months...it is my birthday and I wanted to return to the atmosphere and service of the hotel. Not only were we able to book a king ocean view room for just the one night (waiving the two night stay requirement)...they wished me a happy birthday. When we went to the Restaurant that evening we were welcomed as family and given our dinner and cocktails on the house. The food is as exceptional in the restaurant as it was at our reception. The service is beyond reproach and includes genuinely friendly people who aim to provide the best experience possible.

We actually live on the Central Coast in Santa Maria and I can truly tell you that the food and service in this restaurant is the best in the area. Not formal mind you...but a good friendly experience.

Thank you to all we have encountered at the inn and the restaurant. You are the best.

Tara LeFranc

Lovely Views

by TripAdvisor Member EMA375

We stayed here for one night in August to escape the Los Angeles heat. It was the only hotel that would accommodate a one night stay, during this time of the year. I've read mixed reviews about this property but we were impressed. Our room didn't have a view of the coast but was very clean and spacious. We will definitely visit again.

Very Nice Accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member got2getawayToronto

Stayed for one night, very nice place, situated on top of cliffs, nice view of ocean from hotel and restaurant on site. Clean and friendly staff. A little pricey though.

Comments