3801 W Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768
Kellogg West Conference Center & Hotel
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Pomona

View from our tableView from our table

Travel Tips for Pomona

Not much in Pomona but...

by GracesTrips

"Twice a year, there's Drag Racing in Pomona!"

I wasn't a big fan of drag racing to begin with but it happens to have become a part of my life. When my husband alive, he loved cars and drag racing. He wanted me to go with him to watch. It wasn't all that exciting back in the day.

Today, my boss is into drag racing. He has gone pro this season. I've gone to every event at Pomona since I've worked for him the past 5 years. Sometimes they race in Fontana. That's about as local as it gets because the drag racing circuit goes all across the US. I enjoy it more now because I have a vested interest to see my boss win. We actually have a blast with an all day event. Starts out in the morning with coffee and donuts. We watch the a round of runs on Saturday. Lunch time rolls around and we have a huge catered lunch. Then the second round of runs in the late afternoon. There is nothing like seeing these cars go down the track in person!

This is our gang! A combination of family and employees. There's always a good turn out for support!

This is the new Pro Stock car and Vinnie Deceglie is the driver. Drag racing is a pretty expensive hobby!

Drag racing video on YouTube