71777 Dinah Shore Drive, Rancho Mirage, California, 92270, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Westin Mission Hills Villas

Elephant Car Wash

by Yaqui

You need to have your car washed they have one that is a favorite of locals and is a favorite of photographers. It lights up at night with neon lights.

"Consistently Voted The Best Wash in our Valley"

71490 Highway 111 Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

(760) 321-7869

Elephant Car Wash

A bit boring

by TripAdvisor Member sfuji1

Just returned from the Westin Mission Hills Villas. Nothing spectacular, quiet, nice large pool. They are in the process of building poolside cabanas with TV's. Nice balcony off bedroom and small kitchen with all amenities, stove, refrigerator, microwave. Breakfast buffet was absolutely horrible and expensive. Not happy with the 'Tidy' service. For 20.00 they will freshen up your room, however there is a vacuum already provided in the room. Good place, if you just want to sit back and do nothing. Property was real quiet, however this IS low season. Rooms were nice, better than any hotel room in the area, bathroom very large, but shower faucet seemed as though it was ready to come out of the wall. Comfy Westin bed. Just not much to do, had to drive just to find dinner.

Very Nice Resort But Lacking Some Essentials

by TripAdvisor Member golfette

Stayed at Westin Mission Hills Villas (not the hotel). Units very nice. Not as spiffy & large as Mariott, but still very nice for the price $250 (including resort fee & taxes) during 1st part of Thanksgiving week for 1 BR Premium Villa with Fireplaces. They also had a BBQ in each patio which was very convenient. Problems were the big beautiful whirlpool tub in the unit had no hot water - BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! Also, the service in the Seasons Restaurant was incredibly disinterested. We could barely get them to acknowledge us and no customers were there. I wonder why. We left & ordered room service. Food was not special. I would definitely go there again if the price was right, but I'd bring my own food (villas have kitchens), go out or order in from nearby restaurants. I would check the water temperature in the tub 1st thing & demand to be moved if the water wasn't hot. Hopefully they have hot water in some of the rooms. Also, bring your own cokes, soft drinks, etc. as there is no place on the premises to get "sundries," soft drinks & the like.

Room was spacious, but we had issues

by TripAdvisor Member TG79

I stayed at the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage over Labor Day weekend. Our room was very spacious, with a huge bathroom but when we arrived the remote for our TV was missing.

We called room service to ask them to bring over a remote. After an hour we were told they could not locate one, which wasn't great.

I also found broken glass in the bathroom.

I wouldn't stay there again after that, which is shame, as the room was very spacious and the bed was great.

The Villas are Great

by TripAdvisor Member martini007

We exchanged through Interval International into a 2 bd. villa at Westin's Mission Hills. Over 1400 sq. ft., terry cloth robes, Bose radios, bar-b-q on balcony, golf course views and use of all facilities at Mission Hills Hotel. Good pools and a great central location to Palm Springs and other valley cities.
Upper units are best and certain buildings have better views and less traffic noise than others. Get a map of the villas on line before making reservation. Well equipted kitchen and comfortable beds. Gated and secure. We will return in the future.

Absolute Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member DavidinAnaheim

Wow - what a great place to stay in the Palm Springs area! My fiancee and I stayed for just a weekend at the Villas. We upgraded to a Premium Villa which is well worth the extra $ if they're available. You get a 900+ sq foot condo with 2 fireplaces, a full kitchen (nicely equipped), a dining table, living room, huge bathroom (with a separate 2 head shower and jetted sunken tub) and private balcony. My fiancee was ecstatic about the tub and the bath robes were a nice touch. They even had a washer/dryer in the unit, though we didn't need it.
We're not golfers, so I can't comment on that other than to say the golf course was beautiful.
We wished the check-out time wasn't so early (10am). We were able to get an 11am check-out time, but I dont get the impression it's something they like to do, or do very often.
We didn't spend much time actually at the resort, but the grounds were well kept and the pools were inviting.
The staff was very accomodating and friendly.

Declining a Bit

by TripAdvisor Member Tarey

This was my third vist - September 29-October 6th. Villas are lovely but starting to show their age. Lack of maintenance outside the villas - garbage on the stairs and sidewalks not removed until we called Service Express, even though there were staff around cleaning many times. Heavenly Beds are very nice but the non-fitted bottom sheet is ridiculous - it comes loose in the middle of the night and you end up wrapped like a mummy! Or sleeping right on the mattress. Front desk response - "this is corporate's policy for the Heavenly Bed." Obviously a policy made by someone who hasn't slept in one! Large pool, but many, many out of control children and adults - even during the week. The Concierges double as time share front people - so be advised when you go to pick up your "welcome gift."

Nice Rooms and grounds, wish they had King beds

by TripAdvisor Member quickcanuck

Stayed at the Westin Villas for 4 nights, booked this through Hotwire as a Condo (Priceline does not do Condo bookings).

The property is beautiful with a nicely landscaped interior "lake" (stocked with an active family of ducks). Most of the condo units have a spacious balcony or patio that looks over this landscaped lake area. A few buildings are alongside the fairway of the gold course, but the view of the interior lake is probably more attractive.

The interior of the units is quite spacious and attractive. There are separate living / dining rooms, bedrooms, and a spacious bathroom. Kitchen facilities are a bit small, but there's a full size fridge, a 2 burner cooktop, and a combination micro / convection oven and a dishwasher. We prepared several meals in our suite because there are not a lot of restaurants in the area.

We attempted to check in about 2PM, unsuccessfully, had to come back at 4. Since many of these are owner timeshares they only get a full cleaning when the guests turn over, so the time to get the dishwasher run and a full cleanup probably means 4PM means 4PM. The property looked to be full when we were there.

They charge $20 / day Resort fees, which Hotwire doesn't tell you about. They do provide high speed internet at no cost so that may help offset that.

My only real complaint is that these spacious units only come with a Queen bed. I'm 6'3" and move around when I sleep so this was a dissapointment. They are Westin Heavenly beds, and quite compfortable, but simply to small.

Part of this is probably marketing - you can rent a two bedroom unit which does have a King (and a fireplace), but I don't think any of those were available through Hotwire.

Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member SoCaliforniaFamily

This will be a long posting.

We own at several of the Westin Vacation Ownership properties and this is truly our home away from home. We visit the property several times a year and all visits are during a holiday weekend when the property is at full capacity. I can't say enough great things about the staff here. It is amazing on how they can keep it all together with so many people and tons of kids. They work their tail off in 115 degree weather. I just dont know how they do it.

We always invite family and friends. Our group usually totals about 28 people. This last trip we booked 5 units. The staff here is excellent. My advice to guests is "get to know the staff". They are beyond accomodating. Call a couple of weeks in advance with any requests. That is what I do and every time they exceed my expectations. In the summer we get cabanas. Well worth the $100 a day on weekends and holidays ($75 weekday). You can stay out at the pool all day even in the heat of the summer. They have activities all day for the kids - poolside. Our group keeps growing and growing because of the fabulous time everyone has. The kids love it! The teenagers love it! The young adults love it! The older adults love it! Even my grandpa loved it - he's 85! We had the Agua Caliente Casino shuttle come and pick him up everyday - that made his vacation. They will pick you up at the lobby and bring you back - it's free too. I let the front desk staff know to keep an eye out for my grandpa when he came back and they made sure he was shuttled to the room safe and sound.

I have read complaints about no bell service. This is definitely incorrect. I pack half of my house and take it with me (well almost) and the first thing I do when I check in is request bell service which is a guy on a golf cart. Then I load it down. They never complain when they are unloading my Costco cases of beverages etc into my villa. Here is a tip - tip him. I usually tip him about $20 and I get his name, the days he works and the hours he works. I let him know we will be asking for him for transportation. This is one of the most important things to do. Once I communicate this to him I have no problem getting him back to my villa and he is just a phone call away. If I need to go to the spa at the other end of the property I just call and there he is. We generally go to the lounge at the main resort around 11pm and again he is just a phone call away. If he isnt there - I call the front desk and because I have made it a point to get to know them and be pleasant they are more than happy to get me another shuttle promptly.

The villa is wonderful. We always get a 2 bedroom for our immediate family and we have plenty of room. Full kitchen on the one bedroom premium side and a smaller kitchen on the one bedroom deluxe side. There is wireless internet. There are TV's in the living rooms and the bedrooms. There is a huge round whirlpool tub in the bedroom of the older units and I think there is a large whirlpool tub in the bathroom of the newer units. Both are great. Fireplaces in the bedroom too. The beds are extremely comfortable. NOTE: Cell service is not good in the villas. You wont get any signal at all with some carriers and hardly any with other carriers. This might not be a bad thing when vacationing. You will get good cell service at the pool area and other common areas.

They have an outdoor pool table, ping pong table, pool basketball and volleyball nets. They also have a quiet pool that is a few inches (maybe a foot deeper) at the other end of the villa property. This place is activity central during the summer holidays.

My personal advice on having a fabulous vacation here (or anywhere actually) is start by getting to know the staff and treat them well. Get to know their names. Tip them. I am a pest, but I am a pleasant pest and treat them with respect and gratitude. they never seem to tire of me. They know me and I know them and it is an absolute pleasure to see them time and time again.

I could go on and on because each stay just gets better and better, but if you are looking for a fun place for your family with excellent service and a great staff in the desert - this is it.

Beautiful Resort Loved It

by TripAdvisor Member breezykeezy

I loved this resort. We stayed in the one bedroom Villa with our inlaws and two small children. It was perfect. The Villa was great. Big, Clean, modern and everything you could possibly need. I was worried about staying here because of some of the review I had read. But they were wrong. There was nothing wrong with the establishment. The grounds were beautiful, the pools and slides were so much fun. I loved it we had such a great vacation because of the Westin.

pizza at Piero Acqua, Rancho Mirage, CA, USApizza at Piero Acqua, Rancho Mirage, CA, USA

Piero Acqua, Rancho Mirage, CA, USAPiero Acqua, Rancho Mirage, CA, USA